Pregnant after 35

Bleh I have a cold

Seriously annoying... Nothing worse than getting sick in the summer. Well actually, getting sick in the summer WHILE pregnant and WHILE having a crazy toddler around who looks like she might also be coming down with the same thing... Because it never fails - if one of us gets something the other one always gets it too..

How is everybody else holding up?

Re: Bleh I have a cold

• I am all nasally right now. And not the normal sinus crud you have while pregnant.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Get well soon both of you 
  • Loading the player...
  • I came out of denial last night...this is a full blown summer cold. Yuck. Missing church this morning to rest.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I have been fighting a cold for three weeks. It has not been full fledged just sneezing from time to time and constant nasal congestion. It is just enough to be annoying. My OB said colds are going around and to take something if you need it. There are quite a few cold medicines you can take, just not advil or anything with ibuprofen. I am sure your OB can recommend something that will get you through if it gets bad. Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well I'e been taking Tylenol and chugging tea with honey and lemon like a mad woman. Normally i'd be taking tons of dayquill or theraflu which I think are a no-no now... I should prob check on that.
    Ughh, last time I was prego in the midst of the flu season AND living in a big city and using public transport daily and I didn't get sick once. Not so when you have a little kid around...
  • yea @harmonicbabe...no "cold meds" while preggo (at least that's what I was told) - I was lucky (unlucky?) I got sick with 3 week old infants at home at the end of winter (in NE) UGH

but at least I could take some good dope.

I feel your pain...hope you fight it off!! Matzo ball soup and OJ

:-*
  • Got a sore throat today, lots of sick people around... :-(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree summer colds suck.  Hope you are feeling better soon/now. I'm late to this thread.

JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• My cold is back. Just praying it hasn't turned into a sinus infection.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Is it getting any better @mandyreads?  I think I've just joined the cold club too.
  • I am a bit better. Still nasally at times. @NeonNoon‌ hope you feel better soon
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"