Stay at Home Moms

NFL domestic violence policies

I can't link it because I'm on mobile but you can google search it. Apparently for the first offense there will be a six week suspension and a second offense will result in being banned from the NFL. And y'all thought nothing would come of that! At least they are taking it seriously.

Re: NFL domestic violence policies

• It's good they are taking it seriously.  I do think that a six week suspension for the first offense is kind of weak.  
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • A lifetime ban that can be reviewed after one year. Let that sink in.
    I just read the actual policy and this really stood out.  So basically they aren't really doing much.  It's such crap.  
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • The review is bullshit. But it's in line with any other job a person would have IRL. In fact, most places you wouldn't get fired to start with.
  • A lifetime ban that can be reviewed after one year. Let that sink in.

Well that's some BS.
  • The review is bullshit. But it's in line with any other job a person would have IRL. In fact, most places you wouldn't get fired to start with.
    On the flip side though, the majority of real life jobs wouldn't put you in such a huge spotlight to begin with. Football is nationally televised, and the players are held to higher standards than most people in 'regular' jobs would be.

I'm glad that they're attempting to do something, but at the same time, it's not exactly a lifetime ban if it's reviewed after a year to see if you can come back. Something more needs to be done, and it would be nice if every place of employment implemented something similar. Domestic violence should be zero tolerance policy in everyone's book.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Here's the other flipside - yes - some players are absolute A-holes OTOH, the type of women who seek out these guys can be too - I lived in River Falls, WI when the Chiefs attended training camp there and let's just say "Gold Digger City!" - There are women with "issues" you could say who also are in it to ruin the lives/careers of players. We had a case up here in MN a woman once put under oath recanted her entire story (There was no DNA evidence to support her claims, he maintained he didn't know who the chick was, etc.).. Doesn't mean the guy lost almost a full season because of this bogus charge.  More than one security guard in RF talked about how prevalent women extorting players was that you don't hear in the media.

Yes, those cases that are true - I think nail that SOB to the wall and (long verbiage laden rant), but one also needs to remember there are lots of cases that under review from the courts are proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the player was in fact innocent and those guys need to have recourse as well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There are some jobs you would lose your job. DH would lose his security clearance and in turn lose his job and not be able to get one in his specialized field. I would lose my license and job too. Actually I would lose both of my licenses.
    I feel like they put this in place exclusively to have an out if one of the big name players gets into trouble.  Like Joe Moe bench warmer hits his wife he will get tossed out, but if Tom Brady was hitting his wife he would probably be allowed back after 1 year.  
    You know he's Gisele's bitch, come on. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"