November 2014 Moms
Options

Early disability help!!

Hi everyone,
I am in need of some advice! I currently am 29 weeks pregnant and am very tiny boned. I work as a nanny for a 20lb 7 month old who is very very needy and just wants me to hold her all the time and sit with her on the floor. My body hurts so bad while I'm holding her or sitting on the floor. Doctor says is round ligament pain and because I'm so tiny boned my body I having trouble supporting my child weight. Was rushed to labor and delivery the other day because they thought I was in premature labor but turns out just contractions for no reason. I am starting to realize that I'm hurting because of hold this 20lb child! Has anyone ever got accepted for disability for round ligament pain? To the point where I just don't know what to do! Thanks y'all!

Re: Early disability help!!

• Options
    Disability qualification is determined by your doctor ... There's no getting accepted for anything. If your doctor sees it necessary that you can no longer work for the health and well being of your prefnsncy then they would be the ones to approve that paperwork once you file. I've never heard of anyone going out on leave early she to RLP specifically but certainly consult with your doctor if this is something you need to do.

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    laurinedwardslaurinedwards member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks y'all!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It would be different if these were my children and my body was use to it but I just recently started this job so my body is not use to it. Just trying to figure out the best solution.
  • Options
    I am in the US. And I am paid as a normal household employee so I get taxes taken out of my checks and for the last year at previous job I paid into it also so I know I can qualify that way. See doctor tomorrow hopefully we can figure out a plan to make things easier for me. Thanks y'all!:)
  • Options
    Thank you all! I'm in California and it says for 2014 that if a doctor states I can no longer safely do my job I can get disability until baby is born and then will get family leave act for baby bonding depending on if I deliver natural or c section!! Thank you all for your help!
  • Options
    MrsG1019MrsG1019 member
    edited August 2014

Thank you all! I'm in California and it says for 2014 that if a doctor states I can no longer safely do my job I can get disability until baby is born and then will get family leave act for baby bonding depending on if I deliver natural or c section!! Thank you all for your help!

I am In California as well and have been on disability since 21 weeks due to preterm labor issues. It's just a matter of if your doctor sees it necessary to take you out from work due to your curent pregnancy conditions.

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    Ok thank you!! Yeah I see my doctor tomorrow so I'm guessing she will either agree with me or give me advise to make things better!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"