September 2012 Moms

Damaged rental car

Has anyone ever returned a damaged rental car? How does that work?

I got a rock through the windshield. I didn't get the insurance because I have a policy on my credit card and through work.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: Damaged rental car

• The way I have always known it to work is your personal car insurance would pick it up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I wonder if it will delay me a lot. Eeeek! I want to go home!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • When we were in Puerto Rico for our wedding 2 of our groomsmen crashed into each other, both in rentals. The one who was deemed at fault had to pay an additional fee, but I am pretty sure he got the insurance from the rental company, so I don't know how that panned out exactly. I know it took him quite a bit longer to return his car, I'm assuming due to additional paper work/phone calls, etc. Hopefully you don't run into any troubles!!! 
  • kdsmith43 said:
    The way I have always known it to work is your personal car insurance would pick it up.
    This.  I'd give your car insurance company (or credit card or work policy, whatever you're using,)  a call and ask how they handle it.
  • Sorry, I meant pick up the cost of the repair. So you would pay your deductible to your insurance and they would fix it. I'm sure your work will pick it up, not like you were drinking and driving ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hmp1hmp1 member
    I would call the rental car place and let them know ahead of time and that you do not have a lot of time at drop off (assuming you are catching a flight and dropping off at the airport).

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• When I was pregnant DH got an I beam thru the back window of his car in Australia, there were a few issues because it was international, but his cc insurance took care of it not personal.

He's also has gotten a cracked windshield or scratch a time or two when renting in the states, he gave himself an extra 30 min before his flight to deal with the car and has never had much of an issue, they honestly cared more about how full the gas tank was.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Likely they will use your personal policy to cover it. You just have to pay the car rental company your deductible. Most of it can be done over the phone, but I would call ahead and ask them to start any paperwork they might need signature on.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"