Babies on the Brain
Options

paragard misplaced?!

Hey there! I'm new here and honestly not positive this is where I need to be to get my answers! But here it is anyway, I got the paragard IUD inserted April 2013, I've never had children but the thought of hormonal BC terrifies me! About a month ago I had an ultrasound and my doc called me about a week ago and said "we just noticed your IUD has migrated and is mid cervix, you'll need that fixed" so I've been having sex with no condom and a migrated iud for over a month now. Is the iud still effective? Husband and I want to start ttc soon but not yet! I asked my doctor and she was so vague I still don't know and I've researched and can't find any solid info! Anybody have any experience?! TIA

Re: paragard misplaced?!

• Options
    *Lurking*

I got pregnant with Paragaurd. When it was placed, my doctor couldn't get it all the way back into my uterus. It stuck out a few millimeters from my cervix. Thirteen months later, my period was late and I got a positive pg test. My OB was able to remove the IUD without harming the baby, but it was nerve wracking. I did eventually miscarry and my OB wondered if the IUD removal caused swelling that made me miscarry. If I were you, I would use back up birth control.

Good luck.

Married August 2003

BFP: January 8, 2012
    Due: September 5, 2012
    DS: August 14, 2012

BFP: November 5, 2013
    Due: July 11, 2014
    MMC Detected d&c: December 29, 2013 12w5d

BFP: June 10, 2014
    Due: February 16, 2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a similar thing happen with Mirena.  My IUD had spontaneously expelled and was smooshed down near my cervix.  I had to get it removed immediately because it could've lacerated my cervix on its way out if it kept going.

I would say your biggest worry is making sure THAT doesn't happen to you ASAP.

No idea if a Paragard getting dislodged would stop protecting you from pregnancy though.
    Love. 9.28.2007.  Marriage.  8.4.2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"