Trouble TTC

E2 Levels while on Menopur

I started my first Menopur injection cycle this month. My baseline Estradiol level was 48 pg/mL, my RE said this was fine. But after 5 days of Menopur injections my Estradiol levels went down to 45pg/mL. Is this normal? The nurse called me last night and told me to increase my dosage on Menopur from 1 vial to 1 1/2 vials. I asked her about the estradiol levels and she said my RE will call or email me. From my understanding Estradiol helps with the uterine lining, which my RE stated it looked great yesterday during the ultrasound (it had the 3 stripe pattern). But does anyone know how it affects the production of eggs? I have been reading that sometimes IVF cycles are cancelled when Estradiol is too low. Just a little concerned.
Me: +35 DH: +35
TTC: Since January 2013 
DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
TX: Metformin
DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
  • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
  • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
  • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
  • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
  • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
  • Finally ovulating on my own!!
Waiting to start IVF hopefully
**********All Are Welcome**************
3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

Re: E2 Levels while on Menopur

• My understanding is that estrogen is produced by developing follicles. It stimulates thickening of the uterine lining. It is also a self-limiting hormone meaning that higher amounts as follies grow signal the brain to stop stimulating follicle development, although fertility meds counteract that by stimulating the ovaries. :)

Congrats on the great lining, hope you end up with nice healthy follie(s)!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Was this your first monitoring appointment since starting injections?  If so, I wouldn't worry.  You just want it to start increasing as you progress on the injections.  And there are some injections that suppress the E2 reading a little...I just don't know if Menopur is one of them. 

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Loading the player...
  • TTCBabyJTTCBabyJ member
    edited August 2014
    @BunnyBerry‌: Thank you very much, I wasn't exactly sure what the E2 levels had to do with egg production.

@Rumbera28‌: Well I just had my first ultrasound 5 days after I started the Menopur. My RE said everything looked great. She she saw lots of follies.

@gsancho‌: Yes, this was my first monitoring appointment. Thanks for the information I will definitely ask if Menopur suppresses the E2 levels.

Thanks ladies I guess it's just my panicky IF brain getting the best of me.
    Me: +35 DH: +35
    TTC: Since January 2013 
    DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
    TX: Metformin
    DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
    Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
    HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
    Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
    • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
    • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
    • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
    • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
    • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
    • Finally ovulating on my own!!
    Waiting to start IVF hopefully
    **********All Are Welcome**************
    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

• Estrogen is produced by developing follicles. The more developing follicles and the larger the follicles the higher the estrogen/estridol level. Having said that....my uterus is broken and forgot about that because CD 6 she was 224, CD9 she was 114!! So on CD 6 they loved my numbers so they reduced my injectable dose. They now told me that was a mistake as the follicles stopped growing and my lining went from 7.9 to 6.6!! They've now doubled my dose....and cost me $400!!!!
    Married 07/15/2006 DS # 1&2 born 07/06/2007 TTC# 3 since 10/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"