TTC after 35
Options

Anxiety and TTC

lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
edited August 2014 in TTC after 35
Sure-- I am getting married next Saturday, and that's stressful enough, but this week, I have had high levels of anxiety. Like...where I feel my heart race and sometimes my stomach hurts.
It's about TTC, though...I know it. While I am very excited and happy to begin, I just am so anxious about it all. I see a Pampers commercial and get all emotional. I analyze every food I put in my body. I see a pregnant woman or a baby and get awkwardly over zealous like "Awww...look honey. Look at that beautiful baby/bump!!!"

I honestly think I just need a drink and day to completely relax.

Anyone else feeling this way, or am I a complete oddball?

Re: Anxiety and TTC

• Options
    Have a drink @lgsdesigner  !  Yes, I do at times get anxious, but it is not an everyday, over-riding anxiety.  You have a lot on your plate lady!  I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend and relax and have fun!  Then move on to the ceremony and even better your honeymoon!  You are so very much not along on your feelings/sometimes overly emotional reaction to ridiculous everyday things!  Best wishes!
  • Options
    @kelley72- Well...since this Saturday is the bachelorette party, I WILL be drinking! Maybe after that, I will calm a little. ;)

And thank you. I think I need to write more poetry or something to put my mind elsewhere.

The honeymoon will REALLY help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are not alone! I try so hard to be cool as a cucumber and it's not working!
    Definitely just enjoy yourself with the bachelorette party, wedding, and honeymoon! Just take everything one day at a time so the wedding fun doesn't go by too much in a blur. You want to enjoy each of these experiences...party it up this weekend and next...and on the honeymoon and maybe let the TTC happen more in the background? (Pot calling kettle here...)
    Where are you going on honeymoon?!?
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    @wannabmama23- Yeah...that makes sense. My fiance is REALLY excited about this whole TTC thing (not just the sex part, but all of it), so I guess some of the anxiety stems from that in hopes it happens soon for us. I know it can take months/years, and I need to prepare myself for that, but I think the whole concept of TTC and the stress and pressure is what is getting to me. You are right though...I need to just relax and enjoy it all. 

We are going to Riveria Maya, Mexico. Here is where we plan to stay:
  • Options

@lgsdesigner You're not alone! I've been trying to keep it under control but it does rear its head. It woke me up last night a few hours after I went to bed and kept me awake and restless a while - I had been dreaming about temping this morning (I've been concerned that my temps seem below average, which is probably silly because it's how the temps relate to one another more so than how they related to someone else's, right?)

And congrats on the impending wedding! You have a lot on your plate, but just try to enjoy it; Think of your "anxiety" as "excitement," maybe that will help. :)

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I get anxious about pretty much everything. Mostly I stress about doing TTC "right" - you know, doing everything my RE says, taking PNVs, timing, etc. It's like I'm trying to get an A in babymaking class. It doesn't help that DH pushes the 'carpet bombing' approach that just leaves me exhausted and sick to death of being touched. Taking this month off has done wonders for me. I feel like I can jump into the next cycle refreshed and relaxed.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Options
    @JimBobCooter - Yes, you are right. Let's worry about one thing at a time...wedding first, then baby making. I mean-- my fertile week is next week (which is also wedding week), but I think I can handle some de-stressing sexy time anyway while I stress about wedding things. ;)
    If I still have bad anxiety post the wedding and it's out of control, I will talk to someone about it. But yeah...it may be partially wedding-related even though I feel it isn't.

@tmorash - Charting can be stressful. I love it because I like to know what my cycle is, but...it's also stresser. And thank you! We are very excited!

@Austrogermokee - Yes, I get that. I also worry about "doing TTC right" hence...why I am spazzing about each and every minor detail. 
    I am glad you are feeling better after your time off. It's nice when you feel like your "to do" list has been shortened.

• Options
    @lgsdesigner‌ that looks awesome! You will have such a great time. I haven't been there but a friend if mine has and she raved and raved!

And...I hear you on the partner being so into it, it puts more pressure on, thing...my DH is 5 years younger than I am, so I'm constantly convinced that my AMA is going to ruin our chances and it will all be my fault. Nevermind that I have no rational reason to believe this. Yes, after trying for one month, this is my conclusion. I want it to happen quickly as much to allay my fears as anything (DH is sort of naive about how long it can take and so I just want it to happen so I don't have to be reminded...again...that I'm "old")
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    @wannabmama23- The thing is-- fertility issues can happen to anyone at any age. It doesn't have to be just women/men in AMA status. My cousin was 24 and couldn't have a baby. It took her 3 years, and tons of IVF treatments, but she eventually got pregnant. Strangely enough, she got pregnant AGAIN on her own with no treatments when she was 4 months postpartum (an oops pregnancy, but a happy one)! You just never know. :)
  • Options
    Sure-- I am getting married next Saturday, and that's stressful enough, but this week, I have had high levels of anxiety. Like...where I feel my heart race and sometimes my stomach hurts.
    It's about TTC, though...I know it. While I am very excited and happy to begin, I just am so anxious about it all. I see a Pampers commercial and get all emotional. I analyze every food I put in my body. I see a pregnant woman or a baby and get awkwardly over zealous like "Awww...look honey. Look at that beautiful baby/bump!!!"

I honestly think I just need a drink and day to completely relax.

Anyone else feeling this way, or am I a complete oddball?

First SQUUEEEE you're getting MARRIED!  Congratulations! 

no you are not an oddball.  When it was all talk and the future I was fine but the minute we said "ok lets do this" I was overwhelmed, I'm looking at every pregnant woman, little babies, cutsie baby stuff, thinking about daycare and insurance and DYING at what that is all going to cost us.  I'm now having dreams about twins so my anxiety has doubled haha.  Relax and pamper yourself this week, enjoy everything leading up and surrounding the wedding!  I'm sure there will be lots of toasting in your honor so enjoy!

• Options
  • Options
    @lgsdesigner‌ oh I definitely know that it's all a crapshoot no matter what age! my very best friend who is the healthiest person I know had a long four year battle to get KU, no one ever figured out a reason they were having trouble and she and hubz were 28 or so when they started. They did eventually get their little blessing, after a few IVF rounds. Another friend is 40 now (37 with first), parties like she's 20 (baby daddy is 45) and got KU by just thinking, hey, I should have a baby...twice.

I know it's irrational to think I magically got "too old"...but since when did rational win out over good old fashioned crazy?! Ha! :D
  • Options
    I have on and off moments of stress. I think it's normal - especially when you are getting married at the same time!

@tmorash‌ my pre-O temps have been low 97/high 96 if that helps.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Hey @lgsdesigner‌! First, have a great time the next two weekends (and of course during your fertile week between). I was TTC my first when I got pregnant and it really stressed me out. That's not to say I'm not stressed out this time around but the whole wedding part added to it. Enjoy your day. My wedding was so darn fun! I hope you have a great time and I'm betting when that parts all done, you'll just have normal TTC stress, not heart pounding, sick feeling TTC stress! HAVE FUN!!! Wooooo Hoooooooo!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Ok, proofread! I was TTC my first ... Obviously when I got pregnant, but also when I got MARRIED! Oops!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    As PPs have said, you are definitely not alone, I have moments when I obsess over TTC. Since I chart, thinking about TTC is a part of my daily life. I bet once your wedding festivities get underway it'll be impossible not to be sucked into all the fun. What an exciting time for you right now! 
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"