November 2014 Moms
Options

NBR: Starz Outlander Show

SO just wondering if any of you ladies are watching this show or have even read the books?  I'm currently in the 5th book still need to watch last saturday's episode but I'm really enjoying it and it's following the books pretty well.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: NBR: Starz Outlander Show

• Options
    OMG!  It's my favourite book series!

My friend got me hooked on it.  I remember when I was reading the first book, I made a huge pot of homemade soup.  I put everything in the pot, put the pot on the stove and started reading.  The next thing I knew, my (now) ex-husband was tapping me on the shoulder asking me if I realized that I had boiled the soup dry.  He had been out all afternoon and I didn't even hear him come home.

I've got the newest on my e-reader right now, but I haven't started it yet.  I'm considering a re-read of the others first.

I like the tv series so far.  I'm not sure about the actress playing Claire yet, but other than that, it's good!  
  • Options
    I've been watching the show and I like it however we had to cancel our premium channels. :(

Hoping we will be eligible for the promotion again in a month or two. $40 a month for premium channels is too expensive.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    nov 2014 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@turtles7 on my friends watches it on youtube I guess they put the episode on there once it airs.

@shan24 I feel like she has moments where she is Claire

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I read the first two books, and then lost interest.  I really enjoyed the first book, less the second book.   I started to watch the series, but honestly, I don't have much opportunity for TV watching these days.  It's sad, but I prefer to go to bed early.  Maybe I'll catch up on the series when I'm on maternity leave.

I agree with the pp's remark about the choice of Claire.  I'm not sure why, but she doesn't fit what I pictured.  I think she's too thin/modern model looking. 

• Options
    Love the books, I'm re-reading the first one now.  I made it through the novels up to A Breath of Snow and Ashes - I just couldn't get into that one as much.  I liked the earlier ones that focused on Jamie & Claire best. I'm not as interested in Brianna and Roger.  

I haven't seen the show yet as we don't have cable, I figure it will be on Netflix at some point!
    CafeMom Tickers

N14 January Siggy Challenge - What Sucks About Work

• Options

OMG!!! My favorite books series.  My mom got me hooked on the series about 8 years ago.  I have read all but the one just released.  The first book was tough to get through the first few chapters and my mom kept pushing me to get through it.  Once, I did I read the book in probably 2 days.  I was soooo hooked.  I am so glad I stuck it out. 

My mom and I would sit around and drink wine thinking about how amazing it would be for this series to be put to screen and who should be casted.  I cannot explain the excitement we had when it was announced to be on Starz. 

I purchased Starz just for this show.  My husband and I haven't watched the third episode and are going to wait a couple weeks to binge watch a little.  Husbands idea...he is hooked now too.

Frank is a taking a little bit to get used to.  I guess I was picturing something completely different.

• Options
    Also my favourite book series of all time!  I wasn't thrilled with who they cast as Jamie at first but I totally love him now, and Caitriona Balfe looks exactly as I envisioned Claire (although, as PP said, she's a little on the skinny side for how Claire is described in the books).

My only beef is that I'm in Canada so we only just got the first episode last weekend!!  I want it all and I want it now!!  The gathering episode is coming up this weekend for all of you in the US, and Diana Gabaldon has a cameo, I can't wait to see that...
    imageimage

• Options

Oh these are the best books ever. I read them so quickly (well mostly because I would stay up so very late lol). I am really loving the show and have been looking forward to it forever!! Only sad thing is, I hate waiting a week to see the next episode!! I want them all NOW :)

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"