Stay at Home Moms

UO

Yay for it almost being Friday. Today it has been 16 years since the first date with DH and my birthday is in two days. Yay!
Anyway, I think manis and pedis are completely boring. I hate sitting to get my hair cut, let alone have people touch my hands and feet and make idle chit chat. I don't judge if you love the me time, it just feels like torture to me. I may be broken.
Anyone got something juicier?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

Re: UO

• I hate manis and pedis too. I do it because I like nice looking toes but hate it.
    I don't think seats on flights less than five hours need to recline.
  • Ariana Grande's hair drives me insane. I didn't know who she even was until recently (very talented btw) but everytime I see her she has that long, long,long hair up in a half pony. It looks ridiculous and so childish. I want someone to give her a fresh modern cut! I think anyone over the age of 12 should not wear a high half pony. 

I'm really passionate about this apparently 
    :P
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Ariana Grande's hair drives me insane. I didn't know who she even was until recently (very talented btw) but everytime I see her she has that long, long,long hair up in a half pony. It looks ridiculous and so childish. I want someone to give her a fresh modern cut! I think anyone over the age of 12 should not wear a high half pony. 

There is something that screams naughty schoolgirl about her. I think it is the childish look, but then suggestive dance and lyrics.  She isn't that young, which makes it feel even more manipulative.  I can't put my finger on it, but something feels very off about her.  

Britney Spears never bothered me when she rocked that look, so I think I am becoming a prude in my old age.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jensriot said:
    Yay for it almost being Friday. Today it has been 16 years since the first date with DH and my birthday is in two days. Yay!
    Anyway, I think manis and pedis are completely boring. I hate sitting to get my hair cut, let alone have people touch my hands and feet and make idle chit chat. I don't judge if you love the me time, it just feels like torture to me. I may be broken.
    Anyone got something juicier?
    My birthday and anniversary is the 30th! Happy Birthday!
  • amy052006 said:
    Ariana Grande's hair drives me insane. I didn't know who she even was until recently (very talented btw) but everytime I see her she has that long, long,long hair up in a half pony. It looks ridiculous and so childish. I want someone to give her a fresh modern cut! I think anyone over the age of 12 should not wear a high half pony. 

We need to talk about Ariana Grande.

I know she is 21, but her look is basically "jail bait", right?  I mean I assume if we can give people like Chelsea Clinton amazing makeovers, we can make a 21 year old actually look 21.  She looks like she is 16 trying to be 21, on purpose.
    Yes! Like I can't believe that some stylist hasn't come in and taken over. She would SOOO much better with the right clothing and hair. Even her makeup is very dated. 

Her hair is super damaged from her show, that's why she wears it like that. All the dye killed it. That being said, I don't think she's talented for what she does now, but you should see her theatre stuff. She's an ex-theatre kid. 
  • Kimbus22 said:
    Ariana Grande's hair drives me insane. I didn't know who she even was until recently (very talented btw) but everytime I see her she has that long, long,long hair up in a half pony. It looks ridiculous and so childish. I want someone to give her a fresh modern cut! I think anyone over the age of 12 should not wear a high half pony. 

There is something that screams naughty schoolgirl about her. I think it is the childish look, but then suggestive dance and lyrics.  She isn't that young, which makes it feel even more manipulative.  I can't put my finger on it, but something feels very off about her.  

Britney Spears never bothered me when she rocked that look, so I think I am becoming a prude in my old age.
    This.  She's....creepy or something.  She really, really bothers me and I'm not sure why.
    Is it her speaking voice? Like she constantly sounds like she's trying to be sexy. 
  • amy052006 said:

We need to talk about Ariana Grande.

I know she is 21, but her look is basically "jail bait", right?  I mean I assume if we can give people like Chelsea Clinton amazing makeovers, we can make a 21 year old actually look 21.  She looks like she is 16 trying to be 21, on purpose.
    Well up until 4 months or so ago she was playing a teen on a Disney show, so I think that's where it comes from.
  • I have never heard her real voice it's that creepy sam and Kat voice I can't get out of my head.
  • I totally have no problem with throwing my December born child Christmas themed parties for the foreseeable future. I don't get how it takes away from "his day" at all.
    Yup, my son is the day after xmas. For his first birthday I did a snowman theme. Cute, simple, house already decorated for xmas, perfect. 
  • I totally have no problem with throwing my December born child Christmas themed parties for the foreseeable future. I don't get how it takes away from "his day" at all.
    Yup, my son is the day after xmas. For his first birthday I did a snowman theme. Cute, simple, house already decorated for xmas, perfect. 
    Oh hell, if it was the day after Christmas he'd have Christmas parties his whole life. At least I have a  couple of weeks to get things decorated after his birthday if he really wants to do something else. But for now, Christmas it is because if I don't get my Christmas stuff up asap after Thanksgiving, it might not go up!
  • Hollylb3Hollylb3 member
    edited August 2014
    cjcouple said:

I totally have no problem with throwing my December born child Christmas themed parties for the foreseeable future. I don't get how it takes away from "his day" at all.

That's my birthday!! 

As a kid, I preferred non-Christmas themed parties. 

Everyone was too busy to attend my party for the month of December so it pretty much blows. I remember actually skipping my bday party in December and having some in January, February and even july one year.   It is also easily forgotten. It wasn't uncommon to get a call a day or 2 later from my friends apologizing. 

But my parents were great about it. Always made sure I had a cake (ice cream was my fav) - not just left over dessert for xmas day. 

I still love Christmas

-----------------------

Yep, this is where I'm already headed with DS. His birthday is the 28th, and last year (his first bday), several people didn't show up because of Christmas excuses. I'm going to push the party back at least one week this year.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • cjcouple said:
    I totally have no problem with throwing my December born child Christmas themed parties for the foreseeable future. I don't get how it takes away from "his day" at all.
    That's my birthday!! 

As a kid, I preferred non-Christmas themed parties. 

Everyone was too busy to attend my party for the month of December so it pretty much blows. I remember actually skipping my bday party in December and having some in January, February and even july one year.   It is also easily forgotten. It wasn't uncommon to get a call a day or 2 later from my friends apologizing. 

But my parents were great about it. Always made sure I had a cake (ice cream was my fav) - not just left over dessert for xmas day. 

I still love Christmas
    My mom hated her birthday so much she frequently told me to be careful not to have a kid around the holidays, haha.

No parties because of the holidays, and apparently people would always try to give her one combined birthday/christmas present, which sucks when your siblings all get a christmas present and then a birthday present.

She was also the quiet one in a big family, so I think that her birthday timing played a roll in her feeling left out and whatnot.
  • I also had no idea who Ariana Grande was until a couple weeks ago. I honestly thought she was 13. 
  • feffany said:
    Yikes. Half-pony is me "doing my hair." It's all I've got :\">
    This! But I try to use bobby pins to hold it instead of an elastic.  That's the only difference between now and when I was younger. That counts right?!

My UO: I live in the New England area and I don't really like Dunkin Donuts. 
  • yanakimou said:

My UO: I live in the New England area and I don't really like Dunkin Donuts. 
    DD used to be so awesome, but now they kind of suck. Their coffee seems bad too lately. It makes me really sad.

My UO: whenever somebody complains about their husband playing video games or watching sports or whatever and blames the game/sport/etc. it makes me so stabby. Hello, it's not the game's fault your husband ignores you, it's his own damn fault. Or both of your faults, possibly. But getting rid of the game or making ultimatums or whatever are not going to fix the problem if the problem is that your H is an immature, insensitive a-hole.

• feffany said:
    Yikes. Half-pony is me "doing my hair." It's all I've got :\">
    Buuuttt I'm going to take a wild guess that you don't do a high (like on the very top of your head) half pony. Regular ol' half ponies are cool, yo. 
  • This will probably be unpopular here. I don't get bringing toddler aged kids to live sporting events. A four month old you can pop a boob/bottle in their mouth every so often? I get it. A mature kid age 3+? I get that too. I went to Fenway last weekend and the couple in front of me had an 18 month old. Mom didn't get to sit a single inning to watch the game with her dh. I do not get the appeal of paying $200+ dollars to chase a kid for 3.5 hours at all.

Yep not to mention I go to games to drink and watch sports not chase my children.
  • gwapes said:
    I like Fresh Beat Band. :-\"
    HAHAHAHHA ME TOO!!!!!  lololol.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • gwapes said:

I can never remember any from the week. And the ones I can, I'm pretty sure aren't unpopular.
    Like taking your small children out at midnight to watch the house up the street burn down.- gross.

I...just...did I miss something? Is this a thing?
  • This will probably be unpopular here. I don't get bringing toddler aged kids to live sporting events. A four month old you can pop a boob/bottle in their mouth every so often? I get it. A mature kid age 3+? I get that too. I went to Fenway last weekend and the couple in front of me had an 18 month old. Mom didn't get to sit a single inning to watch the game with her dh. I do not get the appeal of paying $200+ dollars to chase a kid for 3.5 hours at all.
    We took DD to a bunch of stanley cup playoff games this may/june. It was awesome.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • amy052006 said:
    MrsMuq said:
    CnAmom said:
    I have a question. Am I supposed to care that Brangelina got married? My FB feed is all "ZOMG THIS IS SUCH A BIG DEAL!!!" But I really couldn't care less.
    My dad is very excited they got married.... he LOVES Brangelina....
    Stop. No one loves Brangelina.

Not even Clooney. He wasn't at the wedding.
  • I think Brad Pitt and George Clooney are really a couple and Angelina is a beard. They just have such chemistry, and any award shows Brad is seriously eye fvck ing the crap out of Clooney.
  • amy052006 said:
    amy052006 said:
    MrsMuq said:
    CnAmom said:
    I have a question. Am I supposed to care that Brangelina got married? My FB feed is all "ZOMG THIS IS SUCH A BIG DEAL!!!" But I really couldn't care less.
    My dad is very excited they got married.... he LOVES Brangelina....
    Stop. No one loves Brangelina.

Not even Clooney. He wasn't at the wedding.
    Do you think Clooney is happy about having his own wedding shown up? That is sooooooo Brangelina.

Well you knew they were going to make sure they beat Jen down the aisle and then when Clooney got engaged, it was probably kicked into high gear.
  • I think it's questionable (at best) to turn your baby FF WELL before their second birthday because "they don't like being RF." You know what else they won't like? Having a broken neck. 
    SIL keeps bugging me to turn DD, because she turned hers at 1. Ummm, no. I don't care if you have 4 kids and think you're a pro. I tried to explain to her the reasoning and the requirements but she didn't want to hear it. 
  • amy052006 said:
    This will probably be unpopular here. I don't get bringing toddler aged kids to live sporting events. A four month old you can pop a boob/bottle in their mouth every so often? I get it. A mature kid age 3+? I get that too. I went to Fenway last weekend and the couple in front of me had an 18 month old. Mom didn't get to sit a single inning to watch the game with her dh. I do not get the appeal of paying $200+ dollars to chase a kid for 3.5 hours at all.
    We took DD to a bunch of stanley cup playoff games this may/june. It was awesome.
    No. Nope. No.  No.

We do a few baseball games with the kids each season, either all four of us or one-on-one.  But that is different -- there are a bijillion baseball games.  There is a damn playground there.  And it is not fun -- it is just a parenting obligation.  

Stanley Cup Playoffs? No. Nope. No!
    It was a perfect series of circumstances- 2 and 3 pm games right after nap time, we live close, tickets were free and we went in with the mantra "we will leave at any point this turns sour," our seats are the last row in the level so no one sits behind us to bother, and she was a charming little angel and sat in our laps with her noise headphones on. It'll probably never happen again, but man was it something.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you are watching someone's house burn down, you are watching all their memories, possessions, and financial stability go up in smoke. That sounds awful. I can see being there for a neighbour, family member or friend to comfort them while the fire fighters worked as long as you are out of the way. And driving there to bring clothing, etc. otherwise it's like pp said, it's like watching an accident scene.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"