7 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Naseous, hungry, icky

I feel like crap. I keep getting nauseous and at the same time getting hungry, who wants to eat when you feel like your going to vomit? everyone keeps saying eat crackers......Paulie doesn't want any more crackers! Everything doesn't look good enough to eat, and if it does after I eat it it becomes nasty. The smell of everything makes me sick. This is also my first pregnancy, and I had no clue this is what it was going to be like this.

Re: Naseous, hungry, icky

• Options
    Im sorry you have been sick. Im also on my first pregnancy and I couldn't believe  the crazy onset of nausea (EXACTLY what you described). The only thing I have been able to handle is dry toast or steamed plain potatoes. Not the most appetizing but they go down alright. 
  • Options
    That describes me perfectly as well. I was so unprepared for just how much this affects me and everything I do. Certain smells will completely set me off and I get so sick. When I do feel hungry and manage to eat something, I immediately feel like throwing up. I also end up falling asleep really early at night. I suppose then I at least don't feel sick when I'm sleeping! I want to be so happy and excited right now but instead I just feel like crap. I hope it passes soon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is my first time as well and I was feeling great until this week. (Which is my 6th week) I feel yucky all day long whether I eat or not. I am also super tired. Which everyone says is normal. I was telling my friend how yucky I felt and she told me to try to suck on a Lifesaver or any hard candy. Believe it or not it does help a lot. That and drinking a bunch of water and trying to eat a little something every 2 - 3 hours. Which I know when you feel like your going to vomit you do not want to eat but that is what I am trying to do. Good Luck ladies!

• Options
    Yup, same here! I have been doing chicken broth and crackers and I do find that sucking on candies helps a bit. I am always cold and sit at work with my heater on. I have found that the heat makes me instantly nauseous. It's hard to explain why my legs are wrapped in a blanket when nobody knows I'm pregnant!
  • Options
    Exactly me too. I am 7 weeks now. I read that nuts, water, crackers, ginger tea, and hard candies can help. I asked my facebook friends for advice, the most common advice was preggie pop drops from the maternity store. They taste great and should help with the nausea. I am just trying them today, so we will see! Good luck! This is my first too & I was blind sighted by how awful it would feel :/ Suppose to be better by the second trimester!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am the same way. This is my first pregnancy and I feel so unequipped. I eat to not feel nauseous but feel horrible when I eat. I am not sure what to do. Lately, I have been chewing ginger gum and eating popsicles which seem to help for a short time. I feel like if I could just get a plan together I would feel better, but nothing works. Hang in there ladies I hear that this shall pass.
  • Options
    Like all the other girls have said, I am the same way only my nausea hits me in the afternoons and evenings so I haven't been eating dinner a whole lot. This is my second pregnancy and so far it seems a little easier but one thing I have found that works is making ginger lemon honey tea from scratch. I use fresh ginger from the store, shaving it with a spoon then cutting up the pieces. I then but the ginger and a slice of lemon in the mug and poor hot water into the mug then the honey. I then sip at it bc the ginger is strong, it's not the best tasting stuff but it works and helps to relieve my nausea for a long time. I have heard that molasses works well also instead of the honey. Other than that I eat fruit and crackers and soup. I hope everyone feels better, I am at week 7.
    L.M. Chilcott
  • Options
    Sea bands and ginger gum from drug store have helped me
  • Options

This is my 2nd pregnancy.  My first I hardly got sick at all.  This time...every morning I am sick ( not actually vomiting, more like dry heaving, I guess since nothing is in my stomach yet first thing in the morning!)  All day I just feel nausea.  Nothing really fixes it for me but ginger ale (with real ginger in it) Gin Gins (candy) and preggie pops all help me.

• Options
    Im experiencing  the exact same thing. Everyone  says pregnancy is so great,  abd don't get me wrong this is an snagging experience but it's hard to enjoy it when your sick all the time.   Everything I eat makes me sick. If  something find good I try and eat it out get it because I'm thinking maybe this will be ok to eat,  it's not. I have tried crackers,  peppermint,  the sick bands,  everything.  
  • Options
    Im super sick all the time, nautious and tired.  Ive tried ginger ale, ginger tea, and popcicles.  Im starting to get really sick of this.  Its really hard to enjoy pregnancy and feel happy when I feel sick all the time.  :(  Someone HELP
  • Options
    If your doctor will do it, zofram works really well. I struggled a lot with morning sickness and have felt so much better with zofram. 
  • Options

im 7 weeks today, and feeling sea sick, on rough waves without the boat!! i ried lots of lemons in my water today, and it helped. Even smelling a freshly sliced lemon seemed to somehow curve my nausea. Hope it helps someone keep their cookies down...

• Options
    I, too, have been feeling the nausea/hungry combo. This is my first pregnancy also. It seems like each time I eat, the nausea goes away, and then when I start moving around again I get nauseated once more. It's constant. I haven't actually vomitted or come too close, but I do feel icky. However, I think I'm one of the few people in the world that has been looking forward to this "morning sickness" (though, for me, it's afternoon & night sickness). I wouldn't have it any other way! I'm so psyched to be a mom! =D
  • Options
    Yup, me too! After reading all comments on this site and others I thought I was going to be one of those lucky women who didn't get the normal symptoms. Boy was I wrong. This is my first pregnancy and I started week 7 today, and its started with a bang! I now have the nausea and am hungry, but hate the idea of eating. I've been laying around the house all day. This can't be what I have to look forward to for the remainder of this trimester. How do women function? I've been living on ginger ale all day, and switched to ginger tea this afternoon. Not much relief was/is felt. :( Hate to complain because I'm so excited about becoming a mother and meeting my baby, but Good Lawd!
  • Options

This is my second pregnancy and the morning sickness or rather the all day sickness has been much worse. I have to work myself up to eat anything and I usually feel horribly sick after, except with Chocolate milk. A small glass of chocolate milk has become my appatizer anytime I need to eat. Even though it is hard I do always feel better if I am constantly eating small amounts though out the day. My problem at this point is I am getting tired of constantly eating, it's sad that eating has become such an exhausting exercise. 

That and mint lifesavers are always in my pocket. They help so much!  

• Options
    Can't keep any food down Atall is anyone else feeling really fat lately I already feel months pregnant hope this sickness and nausea stops soon
  • Options
    I am about 7 weeks right now and have been feeling like crap too. Basically the same as you described only with bloating and depressionSad. I honestly hate being pregnant and will never do this again! I can?t wait until it?s over. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}
  • Options
    I'm having this same problem, which only makes me feel worse that I keep reading "eat healthy" "choose only healthy snakes". I hardly want to eat and when I do it's not usually a vegetable. I'm seven weeks today and I'm really excited, I just don't want to feel so out of wack.
  • Options
    I feel so sick and nauseous all the time. I don't enjoy my pregnancy either! Will it ever end? My poor husband has to deal with this all day and he does not deserve it. I wanted this baby so badly but all I do is wish this time to just go faster! Is there light at the end of the tunnel? I can't see it! :,(
  • Options
    I wish I had read this blog sooner. I am 7 weeks and have been seriously naseaus for two and bloated for whT seems like forever! This blog makes me in my misery feel so much more normal. Between the bloating the constant naseau the saliva and the swelling I felt like I had it worse than most and wanted to throw in the towel. I guess it's true what they say, misery loves company! But well all get through it : and the b6 and peppermint tea help a little
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy and the first two I was SO sick. This one is a little different. I definitely feel nauseous but I have found if I am constantly snacking on something, I feel better. I guess the trick for me is to never have an empty stomach. I know you probably don't feel like eating, and neither do I, but it's the only thing that helps me feel better so its worth it.
  • Options
    This is my first too and im almost 8 weeks along. What has help me is yoga and breathing execises, so far I havent vomit (keeping my fingers crossed), also i found this organic pregnancy tea fom Traditional Medicinals is a blend of rasberry, strwberry and nettle leaf, alfalfa, spearmint lef, lemon verbena leaf.  I guess this is working. Good luck girls!!!!
  • Options
    I was in your exact position and finally cracked and called my doc to prescribe Zofran. It hasn't made the nausea completely disappear, but it has improved my day significantly. I can actually function now and do small chores and errands. I'm basically on a liquid diet because the idea of chewing makes me sick - I make fruit smoothies with protein powder, oatmeal, plain yogurt, etc. Food/beverage remedies don't really work though. They curb the nausea for a moment, but then it returns. If you're suffering so much you really should ask your doc for a pill.
  • Options
    Try to eat small snacks even if you are nauseated. Not eating will make you nausea worse. Do not eat greasy, heavy food. Try some crackers with cheese or pb. Also sip on mint tea and mint candies. It gets better. Try not to get down. You will feel even worse if you turn into Eyeore. ;
  • Options
    Hey this little Paulie is in the same boat, so OVER crackers! But a couple of older woman I know suggested orange, keep some cut up in the fridge, when the nausea increases eat a couple of pieces and it helps to settle the nausea back down. Really works! Better than all those herbal teas! Also I don't know about you but I find my biggest problem is preparing food, if it gets sat in front of me I can take it in small portions. Try healthy takeout places, frozen meals, make big batches of soup or get someone else to do it for you! And freeze it or just go canned! I'm big on home cooking and work in a cafe where we make all our own food from scratch so this is hard for me to accept, especially seeing as they tell you to be all healthy and organic! But I'll be buggered it this little birdie is only gonna eat crackers for the next 3 months!
  • Options
    you are not alone. Am currently surviving on fruits for dinner and cooked banana for day time.
  • Options

I was in the same boat UNTIL TODAY. I've been feeling like utter crap and sick of eating rubbish like crackers and dry toast which ultimately did nothing for me but today my mother in law came over and took one look at me and said "try lucozade". Apparently it got her through both of her pregnancies and I can attest that it works. I had one glass whilst cooking dinner in the kitchen, let out the worlds largest belch about ten minutes later and then now, 4 hours later, I still feel awesome!

All hail mother in laws. Made me feel a little bit like Charlie trying to get down from the ceiling in the chocolate factory but definitely worth it. 

Those in the states I hope you can get it over there and if you can i hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

Pip 

• Options
    That's exactly how I feel! Nauseated and hungry at the same time!!
  • Options
    Reese64Reese64 member
    I have good days and days like the other day where I threw up chicken broth, everything smelled terrible and moving/walking made me nauseated. Have tried ginger candies, saltines, plain buttered toast, 7up. Those are my go tos. Not really healthy at all but the sugar/carbs seem to help for now. I keep drinking water no matter what because its important not to get dehydrated and I have had some diarrhea, not the constipation I keep hearing about. I'm about 7 weeks and can't wait to get to 2nd trimester when this is supposed to get better and my sex drive returns! My step son's axe spray about made me hurl.
  • Options
    I had the same thingy first pregnancy now pregnant with baby 2 and have the same thing it's the worst feeling ever I told my husband this is our last child I can't do this anymore us I have a bad cold and can't stop coughing!!!! Feel better ladies all these symptoms just means we are having a healthy pregnancy. One last thing today I threw up twice first was the smell of my 10 months diaper while I was changing him and second was while I was cleaning his bottles fun
  • Options
    This is round two for me and I feel crappy too. I'm just glad there is a forum to express these feelings of ick with others. The first time I was preggers I was sick for weeks. I'm praying that will not be the case this go round. No matter, today and the last few days I've felt like crap. I feel uncomforatble, at the border of nausea, and super sleepy. Sometimes I feel like I want to sleep through this time of ickiness and wake up when I start to feel better. Its bad, it sucks just wish it would go away. Anyway, just thought I'd share. Oh yes, I forgot that making ginger tea helps me. Cut some ginger root boil in watercan drink hot or let cool drink cold. Then I will nibble on the slices. It helps me quite a bit. At least at those moments.
  • Options
    Me too, Sea Bands seem to definitely help. Also I take a very good all natural whole food concentrate prenatal vitamin. They have ginger digestive enzymes and load of other stuff. They are called "mother to be" by Pure Essence. You can buy them online or from your health food store.
  • Options
    Thank god im not alone! Im 7 weeks and few days and MISERABLE! I have actually been wondering how sick is too sick.. ya know? I mean I met someone that it was their second go o this is my first too, and unplanned who said said she felt great! I immediately wanted to throw my Arby's at her! The audiacity!! Last week I went through the nausea no craving thing too, this week im eating ALOT bt still miserable! I do chew lots of ginger gum but ultimately I gave in today and called the dr for med! I hate that we all have to wait and sing praises of 2nd trimester while still 5 weeks to go! Ugh!
  • Options
    I'm really glad you postedThis is my first and really was unexpected. I have felt like something is wrong with me bc I'm getting nauseous when I get hungry, then I eat it gets slightly better and then it's way worse plus indigestion after making me want to eat noooothing! I haven't been throwing up and hoping that doesn't happen... I've been chewing on crystallized ginger in the moment which has been slightly helpful but not long lasting. I've also found myself to be super sensitive to smells of food lotions etc and that things I usually like are tasting funny. I'm super tired and my breasts have become so big swollen and painful they are like weapons. I have been feeling more normal like myself that Im familiar with in the past 3 days and I'm hoping that sticks around. So far I am terrified of this whole process.
  • Options
    Same here! This week has been the worst! But my OB friend gave me a list of do's and dont's to help with nausea. The biggest things that have helped me this week have been keeping grapes, cheese crackers, water/ ginger ale and gum with me at all times. As soon as I feel the slightest bit queasy or hungry I pop in a few grapes or a cracker. I feel like I'm eating all day, but it's really kept the nausea away. But waiting too long to eat makes me start to gag. I still get a wave of it when I smell heavy scents or move too fast. But the gum helps. Feeling better knock on wood. Another great point was don't eat things you're likely to burp up garlic,onion, and another was drink before or after meals but not during. Too much liquid can distend your belly and trigger nausea. Hope it passes for you soon!!
  • Options
    I felt great my first time around but this time i feel like hell. I'm right with you on the hunger v. nausea... it's an interesting battle.
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"