Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Any old wive's tales for having twins?

Does anyone know of any old wive's tales for having twins? I've heard of eating yams and yogurt, but I know having twins is pretty much up to your family history and/or chance for the most part. Just curious if y'all had heard of any others!
TTC #1 Since August 2014

Re: Any old wive's tales for having twins?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jefa621 said:

Have sex with two different guys on the same day. It's practically a guarantee.

Rofl.
    TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options
    Statistically speaking, either get unhealthily thin or obese or wait until just before menopause.

But really, this board is all about getting a healthy baby, going for multiples is way beyond our scope.
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mei&MeiMei&Mei member
    edited August 2014
    Uh, guys, I'm not sure the old wives would be down for some of these...

Maybe one could go on a mission to find and then eat those double-yolked eggs? On O day? Before having sex twice? 

Yeah, that would probably do it.
    Oscar Leopold 4/2009
    transluscence
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oops, sorry didn't mean to offend! What board would this be best on?
    TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options

None, because Old Wives Tales are just that....tales. Made up anecdotes that happened to someone's sister's boyfriend's mother's cousin in 1943 and were strictly coincidence.

I know, was just having some fun. Sorry y'all...
    TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options
    OMG you ladies are too funny. I totally almost shot coffe out my nose at @bibliothecary‌ comment!
    TTGP September Siggy Challenge - Teen Crush - Mark-Paul Gosselaar 

• Options
    There isnt really a board where this would be best. Because aiming for twins isnt really a good idea/healthy/safe for you or the twins. Besides the things listed above, twins are a rarity. And a lot of twins (or triplets, etc) pregnancies can have very serious complications. I have a few friends with twins and I remember one mother spending two weeks waiting for her son (full-term) to get out of the NICU. Nobody here hopes to spend the first two weeks of parenting a child watching an incubator, we'll do it without question, but we're not going to aim for it.
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I wasn't offended at all:) after all, I did click on the post to see the answers! I was just getting a kick out if the responses...
  • Options
    CoffeeGirl27CoffeeGirl27 member
    edited August 2014

@MrsSimpson27 - I'm not offended.  I took it as just a light, fun discussion with some funny responses...  If you were serious however, you probably aren't going to get the answers you want here...

Thank youuuu for seeing that old wives tales are a funny lighthearted thing, and I didn't mean for this to be an offensive and dramatic post. Ahhhh I haven't even had coffee yet.

TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options
    Yea coming from a lady that had a horribly scary pregnancy, ptl, and twins that werent even close to being on the growth chart I do not find this funny. At all. Im out.
    Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

CP- 12/27/14 confirmed 12/29/14
    Benched until further notice

• Options
    Sorry nandaboo06 :( no one meant to make light of a bad situation. Twins run in my family, so this is all starting to scare me! Twins are great when mamma and babies are safe and healthy. Sorry for your hard times:( :(
  • Options
    Jess11213 said:

Can we all petition the universe and let it know that Thursday =/= Tuesday??  And that it better straighten this shit out!

What is the Tuesday/Thursday thing I keep seeing?

TTC #1 Since August 2014

• Options
    Can we all petition the universe and let it know that Thursday =/= Tuesday??  And that it better straighten this shit out!

What is the Tuesday/Thursday thing I keep seeing?
    Troll Tuesday.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    Unmonitored clomid.
    Did you know there is a forum somewhere out there on the internet full of crazies who illegally buy clomid and take it purely with the intention of multiples?! Someone found it when I was TTC last time. It is seriously messed up.
    Totally fucked up, but I completely believe that it exists. I've been on here long enough that I'm completely sure there are enough crazy women to create a forum about how to take black market fertility drugs to have adorable multiples. It's part of why, although I know it is a side-effect, I don't like mentioning multiples when people bring up Clomid. Because some bitches be crazy and it wouldn't be a deterrent.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I accidentally lovetitted this!
    You can remove love tits, just try to love tit it again and it'll go away.

TTC since March 2014

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options

I accidentally lovetitted this!
    @poohbearlove123‌ if you love‌ it again it will remove it.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    creideamh said:
    So, DS keeps saying he wants a twin brother. Anyone have any old wives' tales on how to do THAT? 'Cause really, he's convinced it can happen and is relentless. I don't even think clomid will suffice :P

Cloning might just do the trick.
    Oscar Leopold 4/2009
    transluscence
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"