February 2013 Moms

Wednesday Musings

Whatcha thinkin' 'bout today?

I went and checked out this new family cafe today; it has a large play space with toys and books and a small gym, lots of tables and chairs for adults, wifi, and a coffee bar.  It was $10 just to get in!!!  Then you have to pay for any food or drink you buy, and no outside food.  I was meeting someone there so I ponied up the dough, but I don't think I can bring myself to do it again.  To be fair, $10 gets you unlimited access all day, but I would need to be there for at least three hours to feel justified, and it was a very noisy place to be for three whole hours.

I finally found sitters for all of my practices.  Hallelujah.

I'm crazy tired today.  I had some weird-a** dreams/nightmares and I woke up so hot in my 72 degree house (yay pregnancy).  But on the bright side, my SIL picked up her dogs today and now I can come out into my living room/kitchen in the middle of the night without fear of waking two yappy dogs.  I was dying for a glass of water last night, but I wasn't willing to chance it.  LOL.  Bonus: they brought back three boxes of chocolate covered macadamia nuts AND a box of Honolulu Cookie Company cookies.  SCORE! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wednesday Musings

• Loading the player...
  • DH started his new job this week, which is 100% telecommuting. I'm loving it already, I didn't realize quite how stressful his long commute was for ME until I had this to compare it to. He's also a lot happier with the situation. The only downside is that, as an independent contractor, we now need to pay quarterly estimated taxes, which will be annoying. :P

Also, November is shaping up to be a good music month. Going to see Andre McMahon at the Electric Factory, and hopefully Polaris at Johnny Brenda's. Makes me feel better about missing out on Sean Nelson's show in Brooklyn last week. ;-)

• Today has been so long, I almost feel like a week has passed. Had a pp check on my incision this morning and dd1 started asking when we would have another baby.

When we got home, DH finally started picking up the house. Other than throwing newborn cloth diapers in the washer (but I can't get them out, DH does that bit every time) and trying to pick up the living room floor that one day (that didn't work either), I've been very good about doing nothing. Meaning, the house was a complete disaster. And every dish was dirty. Dh finally did some cleaning and he washed all the dishes. I'm so pleased.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• luxannie said:
    I am taking a break from packing us all up for a trip to the beach.  We go to the FL panhandle which is beautiful but faaaaaarrrrrrr.  12 hours one way.  We just did this trip over 4th of July as well, which feels like yesterday.  Wish me good travel vibes!!!
    I love vacations in Destin. You going there? When DH lived in Mississippi, we went there twice for beachy vacays. I felt like I was going to this super secret place because no one up here in the north had ever heard of it.

Very close to Destin! We stay near Seaside, FL off 30A, the beach is amazing! I grew up going to the jersey shore, really different!!! @Puck1182 I've spent many a night at the electric factory! Have fun!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Whatcha thinkin' 'bout today?

I went and checked out this new family cafe today; it has a large play space with toys and books and a small gym, lots of tables and chairs for adults, wifi, and a coffee bar.  It was $10 just to get in!!!  Then you have to pay for any food or drink you buy, and no outside food.  I was meeting someone there so I ponied up the dough, but I don't think I can bring myself to do it again.  To be fair, $10 gets you unlimited access all day, but I would need to be there for at least three hours to feel justified, and it was a very noisy place to be for three whole hours.

I'm crazy tired today.  I had some weird-a** dreams/nightmares and I woke up so hot in my 72 degree house (yay pregnancy).  But on the bright side, my SIL picked up her dogs today and now I can come out into my living room/kitchen in the middle of the night without fear of waking two yappy dogs.  I was dying for a glass of water last night, but I wasn't willing to chance it.  LOL.  Bonus: they brought back three boxes of chocolate covered macadamia nuts AND a box of Honolulu Cookie Company cookies.  SCORE! 

I have been to that cafe @SummerLove21‌. I think it will be WELL worth the $10 come rainy season! My guy and I love it!

I like cookies.

• Wednesday musing...I really want to quit my job. And I'm dying for the next episode of Outlander.

I like cookies.

• I just watched True Blood finale. WTF? And not in the WTF-that-was-awesome-True-Blood way

• I was able to take today to hang out with DS. I wasn't expecting to, so it feels like a gift. We went to a great toddler play place (only $6, @SummerLove21‌, but no fancy cafe or couches) for the morning. It was great - I always feel like my parenting improves outside of the house. I get so restless in the house. DH is a natural indoor parent. He can play mega blocks and cars for hours. I rock at playground, nature hike, and toddler group time. It's funny because left to my own devices without DS, I'm a total homebody.

Are we the same person? You just described all my feelings perfectly. And DH is the same way. So weird. I crush it outside the house, but at home I feel like I come up short because I get bored.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• I just finished watching 3 episodes of Sons of Anarchy. I love this show. It's late. I should be sleeping but I can't relax after that show! I am only on season one but I am hooked.
    Jenny DiLo
  • eriannc22 said:

Whatcha thinkin' 'bout today?

I have been to that cafe @SummerLove21‌. I think it will be WELL worth the $10 come rainy season! My guy and I love it!

Haha, I was wondering if you had.  I feel like, come rainy season, that place is going to be a zoo!  But I'll be holed up with a newborn anyways so I guess I won't know. 

Is it crazy we live like 15 minutes from each other and never met up?  LOL

• kleigh926 said:
    Okay, I know it's Thursday now, but I just saw on Facebook that one of my friends posted a picture of her baby girl sleeping and said, "I hate bedtime because I miss her too much." And here I am thinking, I freakin' love bedtime! And I'm pretty sure I loved it when she was only a few months old too! She didn't sleep as well then as she does now of course, but still.... bring on bedtime. Seriously. I almost commented on her post but that would've made me sound like I don't like my kid or something, so I didn't. Lol

*STUCK IN A BOX*
    Yes, bring on bedtime.  It's the only time out of the day that someone doesn't want something of me.  bring it on!

• ericalee27ericalee27 member
    edited August 2014
    pinesnow said:
    I just watched True Blood finale. WTF? And not in the WTF-that-was-awesome-True-Blood way
    Yes!! What was that shiz! Snoozeville.
    The only thing I actively cheered for was Bill's storyline.  (Trying not to spoil) I still don't understand why they ended Alcide's storyline the way they did if the ultimate goal was to have a domesticated Sookie.  Alcide....so.pretty. Also, no Lala and barely any Eric.  FAIL.

• Once again late to the party, but I have thoughts today.

I started working full time at a dental clinic this week. It's nice, but I haven't worked full time in so long, I miss part time/being a SAHM.

I haven't been paid yet, but being a dual income family is going to be amazing for us. We're used to spending without really thinking and now we can do that again. We already have plans to buy a trailer, new tires for the truck, and we're planning trips for next summer. We shouldn't be spending this much since we want to pay off the new house within 5 years, but its so hard to stop spending when we have the money.

We have a peanut butter brownie sitting in the kitchen right now. I want to eat it for breakfast but I told DH we would split it tonight in our ice cream sundae. I'm tempted to eat it and go buy another for tonight. We've had ice cream sundaes every night this week after DS goes to bed, we planned to eat healthy but they're so good I can't stop having them.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  •  
    And then the following happened: 
    DD: "All done"
    DH: "All done with what?"
    DD: "Mommy."

All the sudden, I didn't feel guilty anymore, and I left DH to put her back to bed. 

Anytime DS is with DH, he waves bye-bye to me.  Like, go away lady, I am having Daddy time.

I feel like I should be offended or something, but it just makes it easier to get my mommy breaks!  ;-)

@kleigh926 - I love bedtime too.  I may have been pushing it up a bit earlier now that DS is only napping once a day...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"