Parenting
Options

Is this legal? (probably TW)

I just passed some WANTED signs on some street posts near my house. It was an angry, youngish woman's face, noted there would be a cash reward, and a cell phone # was provided.

I am really disturbed by this. I mean, sure, it could be innocent and they mistakenly put "wanted" instead of "missing,"but naturally my mind went worst-case scenario and human trafficking. 

So, any lawyer-y types want to let me know if this is even legal?

Re: Is this legal? (probably TW)

• Options
    Team report. Doesn't seem right

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That seems really odd.

Did they have her name, or where she vanished from, or when?

I'd report it. If it's just some concerned family member who didn't think their wording through, the police can maybe help. If it's more, they can still hopefully help

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Report it. Even if it's legit, the police will actually be able to help if it's a reported missing person

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Options
    How does one report such a thing? I've never done this.

• Options
    kirotea said:

aditigirl said:

Is it a bounty hunter? Not sure if they are allowed to post wanted signs though.

This is what I was thinking as well.

I don't think I'd report it unless you could tell it was a joke someone did. If the person truly is dangerous, then people should know.

Is there any information besides the picture, reward, & phone number?

None. It days "WANTED" (written in sharpie and then photocopied) at the top, "$$$ Reward" at the bottom left, and the phone number at the bottom
    Center. Just an 8.5x11 of this woman's face.

• Options
    I think it's safe to say yes, there is a non-emergency line. I'll call shortly and ask if bounty hunters are allowed to post signs like that.

• Options
    Good point on the non emergency number. I only call 911 for a legit reason. Like to report an accident on the freeway or something like that and then I still feel bad for calling.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    aditigirl said:

I'm going to drop a PSA in here. Everyone should add their non-emergency number into their phone contacts.

Good call. Thank you and done.
    +1. Also added animal control.
    animal control is the same #as our non-emergency. But yes, this too.

Also add poison control.
  • Options
    I would probably take one of the papers to the sheriff's office. Or is that weird-- should I not do that?
  • Options
    I didn't call. I might call today if they're still there when I get home this evening. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"