July 2014 Moms

2u2 moms

How's everyone doing? I'm really struggling over here. From 4-8pm tonight, one or both of my kids were crying.

I wish this was an exaggeration. H works until 8 most of the week, so I'm pretty much on my own.

It feels like there is not enough wine in the fucking universe.

Re: 2u2 moms

• Nichole8787Nichole8787 member
    edited August 2014
    Hugs. I only have one so i cant imagine....It gets tough sometimes even with just one for sure. We've been dealing with acid reflux this past week. That combined with my over active let down made for a starving baby that was in pain. It was awful. We both cried at times. We were both sleep deprived. Thank god that the medicine seems to be working! Things are getting better this way. I hope they do foryyou too. Pass those kids to dh when he gets home and go lay down!.
    image.
  • I luckily live with my mother right now so she helps. But my situation is a little similar. DH works from 12:30am-8am so I'm without him all night (he sleeps until midnight). He goes to the gym till 10:30/11am so until then I'm alone too. It's difficult at times especially because my kids feed off each other if one starts crying the other one does. I also can't leave Ds alone with DD because she doesn't understand that he is fragile and is sometimes rough with him. So I have to carry him everywhere. I'm sorry you're having a tough time, hope it gets better for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • DS has been acting out a lot. Today he attempted to take DD and set her aside so I could hold him, and he has never been one to want to be held. I sat DD in her bouncer and he got up in my lap, laid his head in my shoulder and started patting my pack like I do when I give him a hug. DH works on heavy equipment and has been working in the heat so he done and ready for bed when he gets home at night, but hangs out on the couch and helps with the kids some. DD has been crying non stop in the evenings for the past week which gets under everyone's skin after awhile, but nothing seems to calm her down so she just cries.

DS is helpful with DD when he wants to be, and loves holding her. He actual held her and got her to sleep a few weeks ago while I ate dinner; he was right next to me and I had a blanket under his arm and DDs head to help support. He's struggling with being quite while DD sleeps and throwing toys is a big thing right now for him which has me going nuts. Like @Jbosarge85 DS is a bit rough at times so either him or DD is with me at all times. I have taken DDs bouncer to the bathroom with me so he didn't have access to her.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It has gotten better. The first few weeks, DD was glued to me and didn't want to leave my side. That made it hard on both of us bc I couldn't spend the same amount of time with her I did before DS arrived. Spending 3 nights away from DH and I, I believe, when DS was born, was what caused the extra clingyness. But she has gotten used to DS and less clingy with me. Plus, I have started developing a routine and been able to spend more time with DD.
  • I feel your pain!  DS is luckily a pretty chill baby, so that helps.  But DD, who until DS was born was a super easy toddler and always happy, has been very clinging and is throwing so major temper-tantrums.  She is getting better every day and is much better than she was a few weeks ago, but she is not the easy little girl she was before.  I sure hope she adjusts soon and goes back to normal.

I also can't wait for them to get on the same schedule, or a schedule at all.  DD naps for about an hour and a half and DS is NEVER asleep during that time.  I wish he would nap during her nap so I can eat lunch or shower or even just lay on the couch for a bit, but so far that has not happened.  I know things will get easier as time goes on, but for now it is very challenging.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's been a pretty rough month. H works all day pretty much. It's crazy when they both cry at the same time. New LO was sleeping really shitty for the first two weeks of his life, but now for these past two weeks the sleeping has gotten better.

LO 1 just turned one and she's eating a lot more now, so we are experiencing new foods, and she started throwing tantrums recently. Yay!!! I'm pretty sure LO 2 has reflux, poor thing screams his head off. I keep telling myself "welcome to crazy town".

@Jbosarge85‌
    I have to baby wear LO so DD won't smush him to death sometimes. She's always trying to give him kisses but in the process she's a bit of a clutz.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• @LyndseylovesHugh‌
    We have the exact same life! Hugs my dear!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• I am 4u5 & the only way I've ever survived was wearing the baby (love my Baby Ktan) & about this age start writing down & tracking your babies schedule. Around 4pm things get crazy with dinner prep, etc so I just wear the baby until after dinner. All my babies went to bed for the night @7pm so that is when I put on a small show (paw patrol, little Einstein- something short) so the house is quiet. Then I put the baby down and it's teeth brushing & books for the older kids before I tuck them in. It does get easier I promise you just have to find your groove.
  • This is exactly how it's going for me as well..
    We actually canceled a trip to DH's grandparents' because of DS1's new whiny attitude and tantrums. It's not fun for anyone when he is screaming hysterically and nothing will calm him down.

I feel your pain!  DS is luckily a pretty chill baby, so that helps.  But DD, who until DS was born was a super easy toddler and always happy, has been very clinging and is throwing so major temper-tantrums.  She is getting better every day and is much better than she was a few weeks ago, but she is not the easy little girl she was before.  I sure hope she adjusts soon and goes back to normal.

I also can't wait for them to get on the same schedule, or a schedule at all.  DD naps for about an hour and a half and DS is NEVER asleep during that time.  I wish he would nap during her nap so I can eat lunch or shower or even just lay on the couch for a bit, but so far that has not happened.  I know things will get easier as time goes on, but for now it is very challenging.

• I second baby wearing! We have a lot of help so our transition to 2 under 2 has been pretty smooth so far. But after DD#1's nap, I wear DD#2 in my Solly wrap, so we can play outside and I can prep dinner, etc. It's a lifesaver

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"