November 2014 Moms
Options

3rd trimester sex quandries

Okay.. I've been scouring the discussions for anyone that has already started a conversation about sex concerns during the 3rd trimester.

DH & I finally DTD tonight after an over 2 week hiatus (tho I was still giving him some other 'attention' at least once a week since). I gotta admit, it felt good, but I was a little tighter than usual so I felt swollen after and it kinda burned. When I got up to go to the bathroom (I'll apologize now for the TMI) I felt like I had to nearly rush to the toilet, because it felt like I had more than a trickle about to come down between my legs. It got me a bit worried.

I've had a totally normal pregnancy, absolutely no concerns. Passed every test, lots of baby movement, etcetera, but a tiny part of me is worried about having sex and accidentally breaking my water and starting early labor.

Anyone else having fun/weird sex stories/concerns?

Surprise baby BOY - EDD 11/17/14

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 3rd trimester sex quandries

• Options
    Sex doesn't make you go into labor unless your body is already ready for labor, due to the uterine contractions that happen during orgasm. With DS I tried it at least twice a day from 37-39 weeks, it did nothing and I was induced at 39 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's been a while since we have had sex. My baby likes to nestle in my pelvis, so I always feel a lot of pressure dopenetration.re and it makes sex a little uncomfortable.

You aren't going to hurt the baby or induce a premature labor by having sex unless your body is already on it's way down that road, and if your appointments and tests and scans show no indication of issues, then you are probably okay.

If you are doing new or less utilized positions, the tightness and burning could potentially be from the difference in angle of penetration. Or an infection of some sort, who knows.

And that feeling of liquid rushijg is probably sperm with nowhere to go. Sex is messy, especially when pregnant.
  • Options
    Burning and a serious urge to pee reminds me of a UTI
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Options

In order for me to answer your question, I need to know a few things about you:

1: Are you Catholic?

2:  Have you noticed that your vagina angle has changed?

3: Are you open to naming your child, Lemon? 

This. All of this! I read this thread early this morning and had to resist everything inside me to respond.

OP I understand being worried but unless you are on pelvic rest you are most likely fine. I tried with both my girls to get things "going" with sex and nothing happened until both babies were ready.
    IAmPregnant Ticker

DBG wife, Pre-Med student, and Scentsy Certified Consultant
  • Options
    ShananagannShananagann member
    edited August 2014
    dbgwife said:

This. All of this! I read this thread early this morning and had to resist everything inside me to respond.

OP I understand being worried but unless you are on pelvic rest you are most likely fine. I tried with both my girls to get things "going" with sex and nothing happened until both babies were ready.
    From the response I've gotten I guess I sounded more worried than I intended. Mostly I was just curious about others experiences. Kinda like anyone else on this board, just looking for kindred spirits. I'm a FTM and it's all new to me.

(BTW: anyone care to explain the humor behind those 3 questions? I'm more confused than amused, but probably because I'm naive. Sorry.)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I am legitimately confused by this response.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I get being nervous. If you aren't on pelvic rest or bed rest it should not be a problem though. We haven't really been doing it all that much lately but I remember when we did I felt like there was a lot coming out when I stood up too. I chalked it up to the cervix bring closed so all the semen comes out instead of swimming upwards :) no idea if that's true but that's how I made myself feel better.

Fair enough! Works for me lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

It's been a while since we have had sex. My baby likes to nestle in my pelvis, so I always feel a lot of pressure dopenetration.re and it makes sex a little uncomfortable.

You aren't going to hurt the baby or induce a premature labor by having sex unless your body is already on it's way down that road, and if your appointments and tests and scans show no indication of issues, then you are probably okay.

If you are doing new or less utilized positions, the tightness and burning could potentially be from the difference in angle of penetration. Or an infection of some sort, who knows.

And that feeling of liquid rushijg is probably sperm with nowhere to go. Sex is messy, especially when pregnant.

Truth! Thanks for actually having a relatively helpful response. Not worried as much as inexperienced. Thanks for your feedback!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Emnob28 said:

It's a good thing you're having a boy so you don't have to worry about getting your unborn daughter pregnant

What a ridiculous response.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Shananagann‌ yes please don't take offense! I may not have recognized you because I'm typically always mobile. The last maybe two weeks ave been kinda crazy for this board. There have been quite a few interesting sex questions. That is where my response was coming from!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

DBG wife, Pre-Med student, and Scentsy Certified Consultant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"