September 2014 Moms

The Nesting Desire, WHY?!

It's 1am here, and I am so angry that it's socially inappropriate to vacuum in an apartment building right now. My husband is staring at me like I'm a loon and I can't stop myself. I keep seeing things I think I could clean up.. only to discover bending that far isn't an option or getting myself stuck on the floor. I'm about to drive him crazy I think.

Commiserate please? Anyone else awake cleaning because they *NEED* to right *NOW*?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The Nesting Desire, WHY?!

• Loading the player...
  • I just bleached all the things and it's 2am here lol I totally feel the vaccume rage. Resisting the urge to climb and crawl to clean other things is hard.
  • My 'nesting' has been cleaning, but also cooking. Today I canned peaches, roasted tomatoes, did a little landscaping (raising the eyebrows of my MIL), washed windows.... by the end of the day I was a bitchy and grumpy though.

I think I will find a date for the hot springs tomorrow and try to relax more. :)
  • zoeyy said:
    You are more than welcome to come vacuum and live out all your nesting urges over here.

I'm awake but not cleaning. The thought of going to bed makes me cringe because of how uncomfortable I am. 
    This is totally me right now. I'm sitting here watching Netflix because I can't stand trying to lay in bed another minute.

Not cleaning, but I AM cross-stitching.... that counts as nesting I think.
  • My nesting is in the form of over planning at this point. Pinterest is my obsession. I have activities planned for dd to keep her occupied, meals, fall decorations, Christmas events and activities and all of our elf on the shelf ideas starting to form. I also have the next two months of meal plans and grocery lists finished. Dh thinks I'm losing my mind. I kind of am.

The cleaning nesting has started to hit also. I had a meltdown because my 11&13 yr olds weren't picking up after themselves and trashed the house while I was at an appt and the grocery store. Ugh, stupid hormones. Anyway, I feel your need to get all the things done!

Oh and I would still vacuum but we are on the ground floor now. Last year the ppl below us were so nasty, a few times I did that laundry and vacuuming just because they were terrible, mean people.
  • camichael84camichael84 member
    edited August 2014
    I don't think I'll ever hit the nesting phase (unless you count the extreme desire I had to get the baby's room done a month before my EDD). I really dislike cleaning, and it's still a chore I force myself to do. I am, however, up all hours of the night due to being uncomfortable so I can commiserate with insomnia.

• I think I am making up for all my nesting urges earlier this pregnancy that I couldn't do because of bed rest. Today I plan to clean every window in the house...if I could get up off the floor, I would wipe all of our baseboards as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have the urge, but not the energy to do anything after working all day! Which is why I have a maid service coming to the house today. I'm WAY too excited. My bathroom is gross. I almost feel bad for them.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go in waves. I have bursts of energy where I start organizing, cleaning, all that good stuff… then I have bursts of exhaustion where I just want to chill on the couch. It does not bother DH though. 
  • I want to clean, I want to get shit done...but I vacuum one room and I have to sit. I've asked DH to do it...he says he's too tired. I NEED THIS HOUSE TO BE CLEAN!!!!

I think I'm gonna call my mom.
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • I'm going to have to fake the nesting instinct today, because I pick H up from the airport tomorrow and I have to fool him into thinking I've been clean and organized in his absence. I also need to shave. :((

But picking H up!!!! So so so exciting!

imageimage

• I think I almost cried and threatened a divorce at some point this week because DH said he couldn't hang up the mini lanterns I bought for our deck.

Poor hubbies.
  • My RCS is in five days. I'm at the stage where I wash a load of clothes a day so that there will be ZERO dirty laundry when I check into the hospital. I've been resisting all other nesting urges tho. Only because Ive learned from the past that DH and the kids are gonna wreak havoc in the house. Baby's room is spotless and so is mine. That's all I really care about for now. Lol
  • NinjaZia said:

My DH's pretty annoyed with me right now because I've made him rearrange ALL of our furniture three times this week. Somehow my nesting is less about cleaning and more about getting all the furniture "just right". DH literally begged me not to make him move anything else, poor man.

This is going to be dh and I soon. I just had a "chat" with him about how to rearrange the living room. It's a small room and he doesn't look too pleased. He's also not all that happy with my recent Pinterest obsession and sudden NEED to actually get my things on the walls and decorate so we aren't living in a dorm. Hobby lobby here we come tomorrow!!! So exciting!!!
  • @tromboner‌ what are you cross stitching? It's a family tradition that we have cross stitch Christmas stocking and I can't wait until the put out the christmas stuff at Joann's so I can get working! 

DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • tromboner said:

dinodna3 said:
    @tromboner‌ what are you cross stitching? It's a family tradition that we have cross stitch Christmas stocking and I can't wait until the put out the christmas stuff at Joann's so I can get working! 

I love that tradition! I don't stitch anything useful. I stitch pretty pictures from kits and give them as gifts to family members. It usually takes me a year to do a project. I've been working on this one since before DS was born..... really hard to work on it with a kid running around.

Here's my latest photo of it...

That's awesome, you've got skills lady! I never done any pieces that weren't kits. I'm gonna try and get LO stocking done by Christmas but we'll see how that goes once she is here.
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was watching tv last night and noticed the smallest bit of dust on the tv stand, and went into panic mode about "everything I need to do before baby comes!" even though everything is ready and I'm just creating more things for myself...
  • My SO has been nesting on behalf of us both...unscrewing fan blades to clean them...taking the screens off of our 2nd story apartment windows to clean the outside of the windows. It's pretty hilarious!
  • kateroniumkateronium member
    edited September 2014
    Massive grump fest here...
    I'm absolutely hating this nesting phase.. I'm trying to get things organized and cleaned and its IMPOSSIBLE with a 15 month old running around and then shrieking at me when I take back whatever it was she stole from what I'm doing. Been.a total basket case all morning about it . ridiculously tired and I'm beyond done being pregnant...
    Edited because I suck right now
  • Late to this party, but this seems like a better place for my PSA than interrupting all of the way-more-important birth announcements that are rolling in. I've been on a rampage of throwing things away/goodwill trips/selling furniture on craigslist to be replaced with better furniture from craigslist. This resulted in the end of our 3-day weekend spent with the seats of our CRV scooted way forward (belly touching the steering wheel) driving home from the exurbs where I drug my husband for that one last thing, which turned out really not to fit in the car without our knees at our chins. Whoops... I think he forgave me :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience returning unneeded shower gifts, as I hadn't seen anybody talk about that here - we had a bunch of things that needed to go back, and not that many gift receipts, so I looked up the SKUs to see if I could figure out where things came from so I could try to exchange for things we actually needed:

-Barnes and Noble was NOT having it. Don't bother w/o a gift receipt there. I've read the same online from others.

-Target was awesome. They take your driver's license to make sure you're not coming back over and over and scamming them, but they'll even take back stuff they've discontinued if they can find a price for it, and the clerk I got was willing to go over the normal $75 limit. I have $112 of gift card that now I'm saving for after baby comes instead of 8 more fluffy blankets.

-Kohls - also awesome. Extra towels & newborn onesies replaced by an inversion blender to make baby food when the time comes.

-Babies R Us - I didn't have much for there, but the thing I had was no receipt, and they were easy

-Carter's - Didn't take anything back, but at least were able to tell me where a few mystery Carter's brand outfits actually came from.

Getting that stuff done plus a huge trip to the dumpster at work and two pit stops at Goodwill, and voila, the nursery has a FLOOR! Thank goodness for three day weekends...
  • I pseudo nested and then H showed up and his crap is everywhere since he's living out of a suitcase for the visit. Uggggh. It's driving me nutso

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• DH has decided that we need to repaint the entire house. NOW.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• I made major progress this weekend. However, I'm not done yet, and I actually feel more productive when dh is at work! Other than the moving of furniture I made him do yesterday which resulted in his crap attitude and me saying "Nevermind, I'll just do it myself!" Then he felt bad and shut up.

I have some wall hangings to put up and a nursing cover and swing cover to make. I still need to clean up my bedroom and organize so the baby boys bed can be next to the bed and his clothes and gear can be put away. All in all, I'm close to being finished! Feels so good. Older kids start school tomorrow and that will help eliminate quite a bit of the messes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"