July 2013 Moms

CPW: Delivery Photography

littlelegslolittlelegslo member
edited August 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Would you let someone photograph your delivery?
H born 07/02/2013

CPW: Delivery Photography 103 votes

Yes, but only a photographer.
24% 25 votes
Yes, but only someone I knew personally.
13% 14 votes
No, not at all
55% 57 votes
SS
6% 7 votes

Re: CPW: Delivery Photography

• Nope. I had more than enough people around for DD's birth, the last thing I needed was a photographer. That's what DH's iPhone is for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I said SS because I would have let someone I knew OR a photographer take photos. My husband was too busy holding a leg to take photos of everything and I wish I had some! I will try and get someone else in there - professional or not- for our next one :)

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

• I'd let a professional photographer take photos. I think I'd be more comfortable with that than I would someone I know. I mean I wouldn't mind if my mom or sister or SO pics but I assume a professional would get better photos. 

I don't really have any pictures from Haddy's birth aside from before and after because he literally came out within 3 pushes, very quickly. 
  • fabkfabk member
    No. Cameras weren't allowed in our delivery room. Plus, no one really wants photos of a C/S. 
  • Heck yeah! I had my 2nd and 3rd birth photographed. The photographer was one of my best friends. If I didn't have her, I would have had no problem having a photographer I didn't know do them. I love those photos.
  • I said no but Mr. Vals videotaped my c-section so I guess yes? I'm fine that he taped it but I wouldn't want it for a vaginal birth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Um no. I looked a scary mess and I do not need to see that again.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • I like some of the professional delivery pictures that I have seen but that definitely isn't for me. I didn't want anyone in the room besides DH and me. DH did a good job of pictures afterwards.

• My sister is a professional photographer. She BEGGED me to photograph with LO but I declined... now I wish I would have. With my next I will definitely be allowing her in the delivery room. 

• I got lucky, my mom is actually a professional photographer and she would have been in the room anyway, she just happened to bring her massive camera with her and got some photos that I am SOOOO very thankful to have. Everything was tasteful and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

imageimage

always my babies

•  

@l5e3a2h4‌ I'm so jealous I could cry. :((

I'm so sorry! :( I honestly wasn't fond of the idea when she asked but in the middle of it all I didn't care and the finished product, no matter how god awful I feel like I looked, was AMAZING. I highly recommend it now, even if you aren't fond of the idea of someone having a camera in the room during delivery.

Here I am digging like crazy to find one just so you guys have an idea of what I got but I have none of them on my work computer, errrr

imageimage

always my babies

• They're stunning, @l5e3a2h4‌ Intimate moments full of emotion that can't be recaptured or reinacted. For me they wouldn't have been wall hangers but just something I could look at and be right back in that beautiful raw moment. Well, that settles it. I have to have another baby so I can photograph it.

Exactly to the bolded. I have some good crying red faced pictures of DH as well but I'm sure he'd die if he knew I posted those ;)

And yes, definitely gotta have another baby so you can have a delivery photographer haha.

imageimage

always my babies

• I answered no but....that could be a maybe :)
  • We had our camera with us and when DH came behind the screen, they asked him to hold my hand so he handed the camera to one of the assistants who took a few dozen shots. I'm so glad we have them.
  • I don't think I would want pics of the baby actually being birthed or while I was pushing--I do have pics that DH took before and immediately after (ie as the babies were being laid on my chest) and that's good enough for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• valstulasvalstulas member
    edited August 2014
    @Silv3rlining‌ I have! I've seen lots of babies born by c-section so that part's NBD to me, but it was magical to see Finn born.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• SS- the midwife assistant took pictures with our camera for us. They clearly aren't professional (and some are a bit graphic) but I'm really grateful that I have them.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • I don't think I would want pics of the baby actually being birthed or while I was pushing--I do have pics that DH took before and immediately after (ie as the babies were being laid on my chest) and that's good enough for me.

I guess I should have been more specific. This is more what I meant. I have a few of the right after. But he during..I do NOT want to see that. But I dont think I would ever pay for it. My mom and Dh were in the room taking pictures and thats good enough.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • I voted no... but I might be ok if they kept it above the equator.  I don't have a very strong recollection of my deliveries (which I guess is why I keep having more....), so maybe it would be nice to have a picture or two?

But the idea of someone taking a picture of a baby coming out of me isn't.... palatable....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I have shot two births and really wanted to do more, just haven't had opportunity. It was amazing and crazy experience and they're so happy with their photos. I just wish I had been able to have a birth photographer myself.
  • I wish I had pictures of Giles and I after birth, but have no desire to have photographic evidence of the event itself. I spend enough time trying to forget it.

This exactly
  • Guys...
    I found these on My late ex hubby's PC

The black shirt he is wearing in the pics belongs to DS now. I love all these, the one of him cutting the cord is awesome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"