May 2014 Moms
Options

Love it/Loathe it

What do you love about being a mom, what do you loathe?

Re: Love it/Loathe it

• Options
    Love: Most everything about it. The love is crazy.
    Loathe: The worry, mom guilt, oh yeah and lack of sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love: Pretty much everything about my baby!
    Loathe: washing bottles, her reflux, price of formula
  • Options
    Love: that hearing my voice will stop her mid-fuss, the smiles and laughs, bath time, watching her figure out her world.

Loathe: washing pump parts, the anxiety of "am I pumping enough" at work, filing her nails, and the constant worry that comes with being a Mom.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Love: that hearing my voice will stop her mid-fuss, the smiles and laughs, bath time, watching her figure out her world.

Loathe: washing pump parts, the anxiety of "am I pumping enough" at work, filing her nails, and the constant worry that comes with being a Mom.

I could have wrote this!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Love: the smiles, the snuggles, and watching her discover everything.

Loathe: the Mom Guilt, washing pump parts, having to watch other people try to care for her and trying not to micromanage
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Options
    Love: the smiles, laughing, cuddling, babbling and watching him figure out something new everyday.

Loathe: the price of formula, cleaning bottles, constant laundry and spit up, lack of sleep, guilt and worrying.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Love: everything already said and watching her sleep in my arms. I love everything about baby.

Loathe: the fact that she's going to get sick (more than a cold) at some point and get in trouble and at some point give me more than I think I can handle. I know I will bc that's what moms do but those times I'm already loathing.
  • Options
    Love: the smiles, that he recognizes me when I pick him up from the child center at the gym and gets excited. The talking. His face when I sing to him. That he wants me to hold his hand when he's trying to fall asleep. When he buries his face in me after he smiles and laughs at someone, like he's playing shy. The snuggles. Oh how I love the snuggles. I will never get enough snuggle time from my sweet, sweet boy. 

Loathe: Not being with him. I know I need to cut the cord at some point, but I feel like when I'm not with him a part of me is missing. I never believed I'd have this much love for someone. 
  • Options
    Love: my little family and our extended family- our girl is so loved!, watching her explore the world, baby smiles, knowing I'm providing her with what she needs, watching my husband being her daddy Loathe: constant worry- is she sleeping enough? Too much?, having to send her to daycare so we will have two incomes- which still don't seem like enough- babies are expensive!, never being caught up with my to-do list
  • Options
    Love: DD smiles and her belly laugh. It's contagious. I love seeing all of her firsts. Lately she is discovering that she can splash in the pool and she loves it. 

Loathe: spit-up, not feeling like I'm doing a good job as a mom (I mean, what am I supposed to do with her ALL DAY LONG!) 
  • Options
    Love: smiles and giggles, bath time, and his bedtime routine.

Loathe: when he's at day care because I'm not there is see him/feed him/put him down for naps/etc.
  • Options
    Cook251 said:

Love: Shockingly, breastfeeding. And baby smiles and that delicious baby smell!

Loathe: Sometimes, breastfeeding. And how it's impossible to get anything done. The productive, type A in me still can't handle this.

I still have moments where I want to do something. Then I remember at some point he will be doing his own thing and I'll have time.
  • Options
    Love: everything except for below. My super fave right now? When she nurses she grazes her hand across my chest. I remember my son doing that too. Especially in the middle of the night just knowing she loves the feeling of knowing I am there.

Loathe: lack of sleep, lack of routine (I'm type a). Washing bottles and pump parts. Knowing daycare sees my kids more than I do.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Love: her smiles, sweet baby smell, seeing her so fascinated with the world around her, how happy she gets when she sees me or hears my voice, snuggles (oh the snuggles!), breastfeeding, seeing her with her daddy

Loathe: reflux/giving her zantac (aka, torturing the child), everything about FF, feeling like a sleep-deprived zombie, never being alone, never being able to get things accomplished without interruption
  • Options
    Love how even though I've been awkward around babies my whole life, as soon as she was handed to me I felt like I knew what to do (for the most part!). Freaking awesome. I love everything about her. She's just the coolest person on the planet.

Loathe having to work. Hate hate hate it. It's just awful.
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

• Options
    Love-her giggles, seeing DH be a dad, having my own baby,a new appreciation for my mom and all moms

Loathe-This mom body of mine. I can't lose the last 10 lbs, have giant boobs and a spare tire around the waist. I hate pumping at work too. I need sleep too!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I love how she relies on me so much and how much she needs me. I love that I can make her happy and smile. I love watching her grow.. it's rewarding.

I loathe all of the constant judgement that comes with being a mom. Constantly worrying about if what I am doing is going to hurt her in the future. All the worry!

It's a BOY

• Options
    @FlemDance‌ this exactly! I felt the same way!

Love all of the snuggles and the smiles. How he will stop dead in his tracks when he hears my voice after work. And when he sees me he gets the biggest grin and squirms for me to pick him up! All of his firsts especially in the last week! That we are out of the newborn stage and his little personality is starting to shine. The fact that motherhood is by far the best thing in the entire world and I can't believe I waited til I was 34 to start my life with this little person!

Loathe washing bottles. The transition from swaddling sucks balls!
  • Options
    Ditto what a few pp said. Plus - love that she smiles adoringly when I sing to her even though i am the world's worst singer. And love how alert and interactive she is now and that she really seems to enjoy being out and about. And I love her sleeping in my arms after nursing though I do wish she would stay asleep when I tried to move her to another sleep surface...

Loathe: as many pp said -pumping, washing pump parts (cuts into sleep time!), and supply anxiety . So stressful!

Also loathe that I need help with things or can't really do things (like cook) especially because dh has periodic temper-spazzes about me not doing anything because of feeding/holding DD all the time. Though I'm the one barely getting any sleep and especially now that I'm back to work which means very early mornings and DD tends to wake up hungry about half an hour before my alarm goes off so then I get even less sleep. And dh never has to get up MOTN and often doesn't even wake when she does and he had a lighter and more flexible work schedule than I have.
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"