Trouble TTC

intro!

Hello!

I've been lurking for a little while and finally decided it was time to intro. My husband and I have been TTC since early 2012. We were worried about sperm count before we even started to try because my husband was on a drug called Androgel (testoterone replacement therapy) and we knew it could reduce sperm counts. We tried for all of 2012 and in December '12 I finally convinced my husband to go for a semen analysis: ZERO sperm. The tech actually came out and asked us if his sample was post-vasectomy. We switched doctors immediately and the new doctor said "of course" the Androgel was the problem, it's "practically male birth control," and that it would take 6-12 months for his sperm to reappear, IF it was going to come back.

Fast forward to December 2013 - he did a repeat SA and had sperm!! Count wasn't super high and morphology looked terrible, but I was just so relieved there was sperm. I immediately got us into see an RE because I was worried that with such low morph we'd need IUI or other treatments.  RE insisted on repeating all tests, so my husband did another SA in March, and this time everything was in the normal range!  (We're not sure if the morphology actually improved or if the first test was some kind of fluke.)

So now instead of dealing with male factor I guess we have unexplained infertility... or maybe we just needed to try longer, who knows, but the RE strongly recommended treatments and honestly I was just so tired of BFNs that we decided to listen to his advice.  We did a TI cycle in June, IUI#1 in July, and I just had IUI#2. My husbands post-wash counts have doubled with each IUI, so it seems things on his end are still improving.

That's our story so far! I'm really hoping the sperm thing was our major issue and now with that resolved we'll get pregnant eventually, but we'll see I guess. After almost three years of getting myself hyped up for half the month every month just to end with a negative HPT and tears, I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway I'm hoping I can hang out here while we try!

Married in 2011, NTNP until early 2012, TTC since early 2012

My husband was diagnosed with state IV colon cancer in 2009. Surgery and six rounds of chemo left him in remission (yay!) but with low testosterone. He took Androgel for two years starting in Jan 2011.
-SA in Jan 2013: big fat zero; stopped Androgel
-varicocelectomy in June 2013
-SA in Dec 2013: 23mil/ml, really low morph
-SA in March 2014: Count doubled! Morphology apparently no longer an issue.

Treatments:
April 2014: hysteroscopy
June 2014: TI (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel: 2 folliclces) = BFN
July 2014: IUI#1 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1 follicle, 23mil post-wash) = BFN
August 2014: IUI#2 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1 follicle, 43mil post-wash) = BFN
September 2014: IUI#3 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 2 follicles, 15mil post-wash) = BFN
October 2014: IUI#4 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1-2 follicles, 12mil post-wash) = BFN
November 2014: IUI#5 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel: 1 follicle, 23mil post-wash) = BFN
December 2014: IUI#6 (gonal-f/ovidrel): 2 follicles, 55mil post-wash) = ???

*all are welcome!*

Re: intro!

• Hi there!  Great news about your husband's improving samples!  That's awesome.  Welcome to the boards, hopefully your stay will be short!

-----------------------------------SIGGY WARNING-------------------------------------

Me: 31| DH: 36
    TTC #1 Since 07/2010
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    TX: 
    IUI #1 on 7/3/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (44 million sperm, 1 dominant follie) = BFN
    IUI #2: on 7/28/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (23 million sperm, 2 dominant follies) = BFN

IUI #3 on 8/22/2014 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (53 million sperm, 2 dominant follies)= BFP MMC @ 7weeks

• Welcome & good luck!

Me: (30) HSG/Bloodwork/Ultrasound: All looks good

DH: (30): MFI

IUIs #1-4 = BFN

IVF #1 December January

**********************All Welcome**********************

January 3T Siggy

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! What great news about your husband and how his samples keep improving! I bet that's a huge relief! Now to focus on you. Keeping my fingers crossed for your IUI#2. Good luck :)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Me (26) & DH (26)
    Dog Momma to 2 amazing furbabies
    Started dating: May 6, 2005 & Married: August 4, 2012
    Diagnosis: PCOS

September 2013 - January 2014: Not trying but not preventing
    February 2014:
    Officially TTC (BBT, OPKs, etc)
    February-August 2014: Irregular Cycles, U/S showed Fibroids/Cysts, Provera required to get AF, BFNs
    September & October 2014: Testing Months with Reproductive Endocrinologist!
    DH's SA: Normal (116.4 million sperm, 97% motility, 36% morphology) - WHO criteria
    DH's Repeat SA: Poss. Low Morph. (138 million sperm, 73% motility, 8% morphology) - Kruger criteria
    HSG and SIS: Normal (tubes clear)

Medicated Cycle:
     5mg Letrozole + Trigger Injection + TI = BFP!!

ESTIMATED DUE DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015

Beta #1: 12/8 - 1,040 Beta #2: 12/10 - 2,902 Beta #3: 12/16 - 19,321
    Ultrasound #1: 12/12 (5 weeks 1 day) - Gestational sac and yolk sac present
    Ultrasound #2: 12/18 (6 weeks 0 days) - Measuring good, heart rate 99
    Ultrasound #3: 12/26 (7 weeks 1 day) - Measuring good, heart rate 150

• Hi there, welcome to the board! Wow, what an amazing story. What a blessing that the sperm count has just improved like that. No wonder that after all this time, though, you're ready to go with treatments. :)

Your feeling of just not holding your breath anymore sounds very familiar. Sometimes it's so much easier to go into a TWW without expectations or hope. But the best part of it is that that doesn't affect our chances. I hope you get KU soon!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Welcome, I too am new (former lurker) of the board. We too are dealing with unexplained infertility, and it is frustrating! Good luck!

TTC #1 since July 2013
    August 2014: Unexplained Infertility 
    Me (25) and DH (32)
    Married 5/18/12

• Welcome and good luck. That is great that your Hs counts have improved so much. We're dealing with MFI, trying to figure out a way to improve his counts. Just curious, did your H do anything to try to improve, like vitamins, supplements or change any habits?

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Thanks for the encouragement everyone!! 

Hollowvic - my husband takes clomid (half a pill a day) and he takes fertilaid for men instead of regular multivitamins.  He also had a varicocelectomy in June of 2013.  (I tried to put that in my signature but it doesn't seem to be showing up) Oh and also I made him switch to boxers and stop putting his hot laptop on his lap.  I'm not sure which, if any, of these things actually helped. At this point, after LOTS of googling, I'm pretty sure the TRT was the main culprit.  Although I hope the varicocelectomy helped at least a little because it was pretty painful for him :/
    Married in 2011, NTNP until early 2012, TTC since early 2012

My husband was diagnosed with state IV colon cancer in 2009. Surgery and six rounds of chemo left him in remission (yay!) but with low testosterone. He took Androgel for two years starting in Jan 2011.
    -SA in Jan 2013: big fat zero; stopped Androgel
    -varicocelectomy in June 2013
    -SA in Dec 2013: 23mil/ml, really low morph
    -SA in March 2014: Count doubled! Morphology apparently no longer an issue.

Treatments:
    April 2014: hysteroscopy
    June 2014: TI (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel: 2 folliclces) = BFN
    July 2014: IUI#1 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1 follicle, 23mil post-wash) = BFN
    August 2014: IUI#2 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1 follicle, 43mil post-wash) = BFN
    September 2014: IUI#3 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 2 follicles, 15mil post-wash) = BFN
    October 2014: IUI#4 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1-2 follicles, 12mil post-wash) = BFN
    November 2014: IUI#5 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel: 1 follicle, 23mil post-wash) = BFN
    December 2014: IUI#6 (gonal-f/ovidrel): 2 follicles, 55mil post-wash) = ???

*all are welcome!*

• Hello Moto! (Anyone else remember those Motorola commercials) lmao I'm a nerd. Anyway....

Welcome to 3T! Glad to hear your H's counts are improving. Hopefully that was your issue and your stay here will be short and sweet!

Me (29) DH (37)

Married 7/11

Actively TTC 3/12

DX: PCOS

Current treatment: Break from IUIs until after the holidays

-----All Welcome----

~~~January 3T Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolutions~~~

(I don't do resolutions...so I stole T-Rex's)

• Welcome!  That is awesome about your husbands counts going up so much.  Good luck with this IUI cycle!

Me (29): Hashimoto's, CD3/7DPO bloodwork & ultrasound normal, HSG & SHG(x2) all clear
    DH (29): SA Perfect
    TTC Since Jan '13, First RE Appt Jan '14
    DX: Unspecified Ovarian Dysfunction, Long Cycles
    May '13 BFP, C/P 4w3d
    Apr '14:  50mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI #1=BFP,  Natural M/C 6.5wks
    Aug '14: 50mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI #2=BFN
    Oct '14: 100mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI#3 =BFN
    Nov 14: 100mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI#4=slow response, bad lining, cancelled
    FU with RE, more bloodwork: Anticardiolipin +
    Dec 14: 5mg Letrozole+baby aspirin +ovidrel + B2B IUI#4.1=BFFN
    Jan '15: 5mg Letrozole +baby aspirin + ovidrel +B2B IUI #5= BFP!! 
    Beta #1 210  Beta #2 546

• Good luck with IUI #2!

Married and started TTC in July 2013

"Diagnosed" with unexplained infertility
    Oct 2014 IUI #1: 100mg clomid/HCG trigger/2 mature follicles/18mil post wash sperm count: BFP!!!

• Hi! And welcome to the board! Good luck to you!!! :)

*** SIGNATURE WARNING ***

Me & DH, early 30s
    Married 2008
    Excitedly expecting baby #1 - 5/15/2015

We are PAIF-MFI

BabyFruit Ticker

All Welcome
  • Welcome and good luck!  Hopefully it is just a matter of time, but I can understand how impatient you must feel.  Fingers crossed for you!

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Welcome!  That's awesome your husband's counts went up :)
    Me (29), DH (32)
    Aug 2011  - Married
    Jan 2013   - Started TTC
    Jan 2014   - OB started some testing 
                         - HSG - Normal
                         - Ultrasound - Normal
                         - SA - Normal, but tested positive for Ureaplasma
                         - Both of us on antibiotics to treat ureaplasma
                         - Blood work - progesterone: 15.9, TSH: 0.89, FT4: 1.2, Prolactin: 33.4 
    Feb 2014   - Endometrial Biopsy - Normal
    Mar 2014   - Prolactin: 22.9, referred to RE
    Apr 2014   - First RE appointment, put on medication for high prolactin levels 
                      - Clomid (50 mg) 1 follicle, Trigger shot - BFN
                      - Second SA - All Normal, borderline morph (5%) 
    May 2014   - Clomid (100mg) 2 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN
                      - blood work: Estradiol: 32.7, FSH: 5.3, Prolactin: 14.1
    June 2014  - IUI #1, Clomid (150 mg), 3 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN 
    July 2014   - IUI #2, Clomid (150 mg), 4 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN
    Aug 2014   - IUI #3, Femara 2.5, 3 follicles, Trigger shot (first time done by DH!!) - BFN
                      - Hysteroscopy - Normal
    Sept 2014 - IUI #4 Femara 2.5, 1 follicle, possibility of another one, Trigger shot - BFN
                       -Progesterone test 4 DPIUI - 7.8...started crinone.
    Oct 2014 - IUI #5 Follistim 150 3 possibly 4 follicles - Trigger Shot - BFN
    Oct/Nov 2014 - Follistim 150 with TI & Trigger shot - ???

**October Siggy Challenge**

I don't even know what he is supposed to be!

**EVERYONE WELCOME!! :)**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"