Baby Names

Oh no-another name! What is this mommy to do?

So, I was just posting a few days ago about Rosalie vs. Emmeline and Rosalie was overwhelmingly preferred. It's the name my DH likes and I love it too. We are thinking Rosalie Beth (twin sister's middle name is Beth), but yesterday I heard a name that I love -- Leia (pronounced LAY-uh). I know it is connected to Star Wars, but Rosalie is connected to Twilight, and neither references bother me in the least, so I consider them non-issues. We would probably go with Leia Rose, but would also consider Leia Rosalie for the "best of both worlds". My other daughter's name is Jada Noelle (pronounced JAY-duh) and I feel like Jada and Leia go well together as a "sibset". What does everyone think? Wish I could do a poll!

Re: Oh no-another name! What is this mommy to do?

• I do like Leia but will admit I am a Star Wars fan. I like the flow of Leia Rose more than Leia Rosalie. I also prefer Jada and Rosalie as a sibset over Jada and Leia.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I was with you until you told me your daughter is named Jada.  Jada and Leia are too matchy/rhyme-y to me.

Rosalie is great.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Loading the player...
  • agree with pp's... Rosalie is gorgeous... and Jada/Leia are very similiar...I would maybe consider Layla/Leah though...but Rosalie all the way
    October TTGP Challenge- Villains
    Samara- The Ring
    *I may not be able to keep this all month
     the ring animated GIF
  • I'd stick with Rosalie.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't care for Rosalie personally but it sounds better with Jada.  

Although I think Leia is a much stronger Star Wars association (not a bad thing, good name, great movies) than Rosalie is a Twilight connection.  I've had the misfortune of reading Twilight and I didn't remember there being a Rosalie honestly.  But I'm surely not likely to forget Princess Leia!
  • I prefer Leia over Rosalie but you lost me at big sister Jada. They are too sing songy. Rosalie Beth is perfect!

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Jada and Leia are too close. I would stick with Rosalie
    "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"