Baby Showers

Laugh or Cry? Can't Decide...

My shower co-host wants to have a piñata as one of the games.  Yeah. I can't even...no...

Re: Laugh or Cry? Can't Decide...

• Loading the player...
  • A piñata could be fun. Will there be children in attendance at your shower? It might turn out to be a hit!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • A piñata could be fun. Will there be children in attendance at your shower? It might turn out to be a hit!
    A hit! I see what you did there!

LOL!! I didn't even realize until after I posted it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • No kids, no men.  The majority will be older ladies - I just can't envision them blindfolded waving a stick at a piñata, or it going over very well.  Maybe I am being a stick-in-the-mud?
  • I say you agree to it, if and only if you can turn it into a clever twist on a Wishing Well.  You could ask guests to bring small things, bibs, binkies, burp clothes, etc and fill the pinata with them!  It would be such a great way squeeze a few more essentials from the already generous guests, I bet you could even think of a cute little poem to go with it.  

Bring a binkie, some bibs, a burp clothe or two
    Cause mamas all know babies spit-up and drool
    We will fill the pinata right up to the top
    And make it so the mother-to-be never has to shop

Seriously though, what in the world is the co-host thinking?!  I've never even heard of such a thing and I've see a lot on these boards.  What will people think of next?!  If the pinata gets the green light, please, please, please post a picture for us!
  • I am just so tired of putting out fires with the shower planning that I can feel my resolve beginning to crack :(

The one thing that may save me here is that there is nowhere to hang a piñata - ceilings are too high to reach.  So unless she is going to hold it herself, I can't see it happening.  Hoping I don't have to take the step of vetoing something else outright.

• MandJS said:

I would not fight the good fight over a pinata. I hosted a baby shower from hell once and the things I put my foot down about were doozies like asking b-list guests to leave early.

What the actual fuck?!?

She was going to be explicit about it too, a la "if you're a work friend please leave now." It was unbelievable the shit this co-host pulled and tried to pull. She defrauded the government of 900 dollars to pay for the extras she wanted. She wanted to invite people via flyers in bathroom stalls.

I swore I'd never co-host again.

• I would not fight the good fight over a pinata. I hosted a baby shower from hell once and the things I put my foot down about were doozies like asking b-list guests to leave early.
    What the actual fuck?!?
    She was going to be explicit about it too, a la "if you're a work friend please leave now." It was unbelievable the shit this co-host pulled and tried to pull. She defrauded the government of 900 dollars to pay for the extras she wanted. She wanted to invite people via flyers in bathroom stalls. I swore I'd never co-host again.
    I refuse to believe people like this exist.  Who is this person?!?!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If she's insisting on a kid's party game involving blindfolds, maybe you can suggest "pin the binky on the baby"?
    This signature is all for YOU. I'm on mobile and can't see crap.
    MMC EDD: 1/5/2015  D&C: 5/31/14
    MC    EDD: 4/21/15 Lost: 8/24/14
    BFP for my Rainbow!! 11/6/14
    EDD: 7/20/15

• I would not fight the good fight over a pinata. I hosted a baby shower from hell once and the things I put my foot down about were doozies like asking b-list guests to leave early.
    What the actual fuck?!?
    She was going to be explicit about it too, a la "if you're a work friend please leave now." It was unbelievable the shit this co-host pulled and tried to pull. She defrauded the government of 900 dollars to pay for the extras she wanted. She wanted to invite people via flyers in bathroom stalls. I swore I'd never co-host again.
    This can't be real lyfe.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • ElaineMOH said:

My shower co-host wants to have a piñata as one of the games.  Yeah. I can't even...no...

If the MTB is 5, then yes. Otherwise, no.
  • Whitfry said:
    How about a diaper shapes piñata full of chocolate? Or a uterus shaped one full of cherry candies. That would totes turn it into a classy shindig.
    Or a vagina piñata with baby candies? And cherry candies too, of course. Maybe a few placenta-shaped candies? Kinda like gummies?

God, everyone would probably be vomiting by the time it was over.
  • My baby shower host keeps saying 'i wanna do this! and this!' which i'm fine with lol, she doesnt get to host things much after all. Oddest thing is a candy bar, i'm not opposed to it, but i personally wouldnt think it would be worth the money for a 12 guest shower!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"