pre ultrasound fears — The Bump
1st Trimester

pre ultrasound fears

I have taken two positive pregnancy tests and have only had morning sickness about 5 days out of my guess of being 7 weeks pregnant. I am scared that when I go to my first appointment the doctor is going to tell me there is no baby and that I'm not pregnant. Did anyone else have that fear?

Re: pre ultrasound fears

• The pregnancy of mine where I had the worst morning sickness was also one I went on to miscarry.  There is zero correlation between being sick and having a healthy pregnancy.

It's normal to be afraid that something will go wrong.  When I really start to worry I remind myself that right now, this instant, I am pregnant and I am doing everything in my power to have a healthy pregnancy.  That's all I can do and no amount of worrying is going to change whatever the outcome will be.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• You're not alone. I only have one symptom and I'm afraid that if my boobs stop hurting there will be no more baby. It has helped me to read through these posts for good thoughts from others! I hope I can stop being ridiculous and just be excited.