2nd Trimester
Options

Could it be the baby moving?

I am 15 weeks pregnant with my first and think I may have just felt the baby move for the first time. It seems too early though and I'm a bigger person so wasn't expecting anything for a while yet!

I have felt some little "fluttering" before but brushed off to gas or other intestinal grumbling!   This felt like a quick, concentrated spasm that lasted just for a second- not painful but definitely noticeable! I can feel my bump, although I'm not showing much yet and the movement was right where my bump sloped down on my right side.

Am I overthinking this or could it really be the baby?

Re: Could it be the baby moving?

• Options
    Could it be? Yes.
    Is it? Not entirely sure.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was feeling mine that early. Could be. I wouldn't pay too much attention to when things are "supposed" to happen. Every woman is different.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes it could be... I started feeling my twins at 15 weeks although I didn't know it was them I was feeling.  I was expecting the feelings of "bubbles" or "butterflies" that some people describe and mine was more of a rolling sensation.  Now at 17 weeks I know it is them especially after seeing their positions on my sono yesterday and that is right where I feel the movement.  I still don't feel them that frequently but if I lie very still I usually can before I go to sleep.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options

I felt first movement at 14+2 it freaked me out and I called my mom because it was so weird. She told me it was baby but I didn't believe her. Now at 16.5 I feel baby every night usually between 7-8 when laying still, I never feel it when I am moving around or busy though. My co worker was all-no way you are feeling baby its just gas but I know now its baby. I think everyone feels at different times, mine feels like a fluttering or vibrating now but at first it almost felt like maggots crawling inside me.

It could be baby, or it could just be gas.

• Options
    It could be. I have felt little flutters since 12 weeks. I am average weight not sure if it matters. I can only really feel it internally though, not from the outside. I know where my uterus is and know what gas feels like, so its not that.

When you feel that first kick you will know. When there is no doubt. For most first time moms that is sometime between 18 and 22 weeks. I am still waiting on the "yep, that was for sure!" kick! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not yet 15 weeks with my third, and am feeling small flutters.  I'm pretty sure it's the baby... usually the gas flutters result in a toot.  ;)

Completely possible at this gestation.  Mine feels a bit like a fish squirming for a second or two.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm pregnant with my third and I remember the feeling of my other babies moving. I first felt this one at 15 weeks too. I told my mother in law and she argued with me that it was too soon to feel it because my SIL didn't feel it until 20+ weeks. It was her first baby. People bug me. I think this is a normal time to start feeling movement, but every woman is different. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I was feeling mine that early. Could be. I wouldn't pay too much attention to when things are "supposed" to happen. Every woman is different.

This!  I feel like many women get caught up with that line of thinking and it makes them anxious and nutty 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"