1st Trimester

Negative blood test at three weeks?

BritDillingerBritDillinger member
edited August 2014 in 1st Trimester
Hello everyone: 

I have been pregnant twice since the starting of this year and both pregnancies ended up as a miscarriage before the ending of the first trimester. Chromosomal issues.

My fiance and I have been trying again and I've been following my cycle, menstrual and ovulation, and if everything went accordingly I should be three weeks, three days pregnant. I had to go in for my monthly checkup for my Hypothyroidism and decided to have a blood pregnancy test done along with it. This was done two days ago. The test came back negative, but they don't test for the levels so they didn't have them for me to see. 

I should be able to show a positive on September 1st (if I am pregnant), my next expected menstrual date, I have two sons and I swear the things I am feeling are early pregnancy signs but I cannot help but feel shaken by that blood test result. 

After two miscarriages, I feel pretty darn defeated. I'm going to keep trying, though. But any insight? Personal experience?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
BabyFetus Ticker
PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: Negative blood test at three weeks?

• Um, has the fertilized egg even implanted at 3 weeks?
    With my first son, yes, it had fertilized at three weeks. I had implantation bleeding four days after ovulation and a positive test four days after that. 
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Um, has the fertilized egg even implanted at 3 weeks?
    With my first son, yes, it had fertilized at three weeks. I had implantation bleeding four days after ovulation and a positive test four days after that. 
    No. Implantation doesn't occur until 7-10 dpo. In rare cases, you may see 6dpo, but not 4.

Hello everyone: 

I have been pregnant twice since the starting of this year and both pregnancies ended up as a miscarriage before the ending of the first trimester. Chromosomal issues.

My fiance and I have been trying again and I've been following my cycle, menstrual and ovulation, and if everything went accordingly I should be three weeks, three days pregnant. I had to go in for my monthly checkup for my Hypothyroidism and decided to have a blood pregnancy test done along with it. This was done two days ago. The test came back negative, but they don't test for the levels so they didn't have them for me to see. 

I should be able to show a positive on September 1st (if I am pregnant), my next expected menstrual date, I have two sons and I swear the things I am feeling are early pregnancy signs but I cannot help but feel shaken by that blood test result. 

After two miscarriages, I feel pretty darn defeated. I'm going to keep trying, though. But any insight? Personal experience?
    How are you tracking ovulation?

and what's with the font? It's hard to read.
    It's Courier New. My preferred font type. I'll change it to Tahoma - for now. As far as the dates go, it's not a common thing, but it has been known to happen as soon as four to five days after ovulation. My doctor thought I was wrong and told me I wasn't pregnant when I first had the symptoms. I tested again after my missed period and it was positive. Going from the last menstrual cycle I was estimated for April 3rd. I went into labor on that date and he was born the next day. 

So, the implantation occurred much sooner than most people wold see, but it does happen.

I keep track of ovulation through a few different methods. Keeping track of my menstrual cycle with the MeLady Windows app, Clearblue ovulation trackers, and testing my cervix. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • BritDillingerBritDillinger member
    edited August 2014
    What's MeLady windows app? Does it allow you to input your BBT? Ovulation trackers only say when you're going to O, not confirm that you actually did.
    Indeed, MeLady does allow you to put that. It's a really need app if you have a laptop with Windows 8 or 8.1. And I've been doing the ovulation trackers alongside the cervix tests (touching it, et cetera). After having two sons, I figured I'd have a hand at it but I guess not. It's the two miscarriages that have me shaken and second-guessing myself.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited August 2014

Why don't you just wait until your missed period?

ETA: I'm sorry for your previous losses.

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• So, what you're saying is you're not pregnant at this time? Yes, I'd agree with that.

Best of luck to you.
  • Could be PMS symptoms. Sounds like you aren't pregnant, I'm sorry
  • I'm very sorry for your losses. I really am. But knowing your cycles has no bearing on miscarriage so "having a hand at it" is irrelevant in regards to that area. 

You still haven't said if you're actually temping, just that your app lets you input that info. OPKs are great for timing but they can't tell you if you actually ovulated, and without knowing that you have no idea if you're late or not, or how many DPO you are. At this time you aren't pregnant. Wait another week and test again. 

I'm also confused about the blood test. If they don't check for levels then what are they testing for? Usually anything greater than 5 is considered positive, but I'm sure each office has their own protocol. 

I also get the sinking suspicion that this is going to turn into an "I told you so post."
  • What's MeLady windows app? Does it allow you to input your BBT? Ovulation trackers only say when you're going to O, not confirm that you actually did.
    Indeed, MeLady does allow you to put that. It's a really need app if you have a laptop with Windows 8 or 8.1. And I've been doing the ovulation trackers alongside the cervix tests (touching it, et cetera). After having two sons, I figured I'd have a hand at it but I guess not. It's the two miscarriages that have me shaken and second-guessing myself.
    Jic.
  • I had a negative blood test three days prior to expected period, waiting till AF seems best
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"