Working Moms
Options

What not to do at your boss's house- a rant

So this weekend we did the obligatory team barbecue. For the most part, it was a great experience. Six kids 3 and under who played well together. We had beer and sangria and great food. Spouses all got along. With one exception. I have a paralegal who is bat shit crazy. Her life is a big honking mess. And I'm starting to understand why. The week before the party, I told the team four times that it was NOT a pool party. No one was going swimming, because as I put it, "Who wants to be in a swim suit in front of their coworkers?" BSC (who just had weight loss surgery) shows up in a bathing suit with her kid in a bathing suit and gets in the water without ever coming inside. No one else was in the water. So, of course, then we have 2 other 3 year olds and my 2 year old clamoring to swim. Which meant I had to get in the water since one other employee had a bathing suit for his daughter in their car from another outing. We dug up a suit for the lone suit,ess-toddler to wear. We had multiple toddlers in my pool with one adult I now wouldn't trust with a hamster, so I felt I kind of had to get in. Then, BSC comes in my house in her wet swimsuit and plops her wet ass on my furniture. 3 year old does the same. Then, she stays an hour past when everyone else went home, props her feet up on my $500 tile outdoor table, and proceeds to tell me all the ways my (very nice) house was poorly designed. I so, so would love to fire her. Seriously, did she lose sight of the fact that this was a work function? Normally mild-mannered DH said, after they left, "I don't ever want that bitch in my house again. Ever." Oh, and her brat (who is twice the size of my 2 year old) kept taking things away from my kid, and she never said a word to him. I finally had to.

Re: What not to do at your boss's house- a rant

• Options
    Noooooooope.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    hmmmm can you fire her? I mean, is she really any good at her job? How could someone with that many judgment issues be good at her job?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yikes!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I laughed before I even opened and read it.
  • Options
    Wet clothes on your furniture!!!!! Noooo!!!!! That is the worst and if I witnessed that firsthand I probably wouldn't be able to think if anything else except that my furniture was ruined!

And how tacky that she felt comfortable swimming at someone's house when the host clearly said no.
  • Options
    How is she so freaking disrespectful
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    K3am said:
    ZOMG. 
    This. Drunk would've been much better.

DD Nov 2010 ~ DS June 2012
  • Options
    VORVOR member
    I.... I.... I....

Seriously.  No words.  NO WORDS for this.
  • Options
    wow! how obnoxious! I can't even imagine...but I am not BSC! 
  • Options
    Is this the party you were basically forced to host?  (I can't remember who had that, sorry)

Oh hell no.  And I would never host again and cite this as why.  
  • Options
    Is this the party you were basically forced to host?  (I can't remember who had that, sorry)

Yup. This was the forced party. Lol. Frankly, I'd be willing to do it again, but keep it at a higher pay band level. It's not unusual at our company to limit guest lists based on rank within the company. I have always hated that and thought it was snotty, but it's looking pretty darn smart right now. If I have to do it again, I'll say "managers and above" which cuts out the paralegals and our admin. Unless I have a reason to fire her before then. Bc frankly now I don't want her out there representing me to others and I don't trust her judgement.
  • Options
    Just wow.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    mommatotwo2mommatotwo2 member
    edited August 2014
    MommyAtty said:

Yup. This was the forced party. Lol. Frankly, I'd be willing to do it again, but keep it at a higher pay band level. It's not unusual at our company to limit guest lists based on rank within the company. I have always hated that and thought it was snotty, but it's looking pretty darn smart right now. If I have to do it again, I'll say "managers and above" which cuts out the paralegals and our admin. Unless I have a reason to fire her before then. Bc frankly now I don't want her out there representing me to others and I don't trust her judgement.

Quote fail, mine is below.

Definitely BSC....But, I think it's pretty snotty to cut the lower level employees under the notion that they are somehow less capable of sophisticated behavior.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Quote fail, mine is below. Definitely BSC....But, I think it's pretty snotty to cut the lower level employees under the notion that they are somehow less capable of sophisticated behavior.
    I'm totally on board with thinking she's wretched but, as an admin who is frequently left out of things just because I'm the "one of these things just doesn't belong here" I really take issue with what you said.  Her behavior doesn't mean other "lower pay band" people suck.  She would have acted the same way if her title was different.  Your issue is with her behavior, which isn't determined by her pay scale.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

Quote fail, mine is below. Definitely BSC....But, I think it's pretty snotty to cut the lower level employees under the notion that they are somehow less capable of sophisticated behavior.
    I'm totally on board with thinking she's wretched but, as an admin who is frequently left out of things just because I'm the "one of these things just doesn't belong here" I really take issue with what you said.  Her behavior doesn't mean other "lower pay band" people suck.  She would have acted the same way if her title was different.  Your issue is with her behavior, which isn't determined by her pay scale.

I know it sucks and I totally agree with you. It has nothing to do with her rank, and the admin and other paralegal who will be left out are the two most gracious, lovely people on our whole team! I just can't not invite a single employee, so I have to have some basis for drawing the line. As soon as she's gone, I will absolutely go back to inviting the whole team. And if I can get out of hosting these things until she's gone, I will!
  • Options
    @MommyAtty I would absolutely get out of it or have it at another location.  Who's forcing you?  I'd be blunt with that person that your home was disrespected and you're not willing to open it up "until I feel differently." i.e. until the person is gone but you don't have to say so.  I would be PISSED if I found out I was excluded from events just to keep a piece of trash from attending, as if there were no other alternatives but to imply I wasn't welcome.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"