March 2014 Moms
Options

Any other crawlers yet?

Yup my 5 1/2 month old figured it out today. He has been scooching around the room, but today he pulled his knees under him and started crawling.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any other crawlers yet?

• Options
    Same as @Kacie here, hehe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He pulls to his needs while on his tummy sometimes and does the tummy scoot, but no crawling yet...he can take his time with this!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I imagine she'll be crawling by 6 months. She is about 5 1/2 now and is full on up on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth like she really wants to get somewhere...she still won't roll tummy to back though just back to tummy. I think she has decided to skip that.
  • Options
    Mine does a bit of a military belly crawl occasionally, but no real crawling yet.  I know it's going to be tough once she's mobile, but I'm so excited to see that first crawl!
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Not yet. No rolling or anything. He sometimes spins in a circle and rolls on his side, but then he gets stuck and has a 'what do I do now?!?' Look on his face. Dd was a late with everything. She started walking at 14 months. So I don't mind if he chills for a bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of scooting but not quite crawling yet. LO loves to put her butt in the air and bring her knees to her chest. Too funny!
  • Options
    DD rolls everywhere! She's also the clock dial, like @kacie referred to. I think she'll be on the move in the next month or so. :(
  • Options
    Another rolling, backwards scooter here.  He is learning to pull his knees in while his chest is upraised and rocks back and forth so... it will happen.  My dh is scared!  He's the ahp during the day.
  • Options
    DD just goes in a circle on her belly. She really wants to move though. She can pull her knees up under her and lift her self up with her arms. But she hasn't figure out that she can do both at the same time. It's only a matter of time.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    Not yet, but he's starting to pick himself up off the floor, so his teachers say he should be crawling very soon!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hahahahahhaa, nope. 

My first was crawling at this age. Will is just so far behind that it's not even funny. Yesterday his EI predicted he would walk between 18 months and 3 years, so we have a looooong time until mobility. He's a champion roller though!
  • Options
    DS has been pulling his knees up under him.

I kind of want to go knock him over. ;)
  • Options
    Mine does the worm. He'll scoot his butt up and then push with his legs. Hasn't quite figured out how to get his arms to help, so he uses his face instead. 
  • Options
    @NewMomma8  she might!  Skip crawling that is.  My oldest walked before crawling.  He would scootch and roll, army crawl, but he stood up and took a few steps at 9months before proper crawling.  After a week or two of that he sat down, crawled beautifully for a few weeks and then was up and walking.  I do not wish early walking on anyone... 
  • Options

Mine is about 4 1/2 months and is definitely not close to crawling yet. He reeeealllly wants to be mobile, but he hasn't figured out how to get up on his knees. he will arch his back so his head, arms, and legs are up in the air and his belly is on the floor an d kick/paddle violently like a swimmer out of water. it's adorable! he gets frustrated after a few minutes of going nowhere though.

He scoots himself around in his crib with his legs using the bars and rolls back/front like a champ. he also will sit himself up if he is already in a partially sitting position (like in his rocker chair thing) and can hold himself schlumped slightly forward well enough.

• Options
    PankersPankers member
    edited August 2014
    We have a sitter, but crawling, hell no. She won't stay on her tummy long enough, she just flips herself straight over! But she loves to stand and walk her legs if we hold her.

• Options
    Piper doesn't even come close. She is still tripod sitting. When she sits up straight she gets excited and falls over. She also rolled a few times a few weeks ago but hasn't done it much since. Should I be worrying? It seems like she's behind in comparison. I will admit I'm enjoying her being stationary still.
    image image
  • Options
    @WickedNE‌ I haven't taken a video of him yet, but I will just for you. ^:)^ My LO does not sit yet. He has no interest. Falls over and crawls away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are trying. Doing the army crawl
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @NorthernLghts Glad someone else is in the same boat!
    image image
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @AshleyO925 My LO rolls to her stomach constantly, but doesn't like to roll tummy to back anymore. I think it's because usually when she does her head ends up bonking on the floor (even padded) harder than she likes, so she's decided not to do it. Instead she'll usually just whine until I flip her. I've only seen her chain rolls once (3 rolls). She also isn't tripod sitting yet. It seems like her arms are too short to be able to sit up straight with them on the ground. She can sort of do it hunched over for a brief period, but then will move and flop over to the side. No real standing (she can push herself up on her legs but we really need to hold her for balance), and no crawling either.

She can turn herself in a circle or sort of drag herself a tad using her arms over time, and can push herself way up on her arms so that her chest is completely off the ground, but doesn't seem to want to get her legs under her. I can tell she wants to crawl desperately because often she'll lift her arms and legs off the ground and flail them like she's swimming and whine in frustration.

I admit sometimes I'm a little concerned too, especially since she gets a ton of tummy time during the day (and at night technically since she likes sleeping on her tummy now), but I keep trying to tell myself that babies develop at different rates and she'll be moving soon enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    As of today - we have a crawler. damn that was fast.
  • Options
    @g33kyg1rly That all sounds totally normal and my LO is doing the same exact stuff.  I wouldn't worry, she sounds like she's doing great. 5 months is on the earlier side to crawl.  I think DS1 didn't crawl til closer to 8 months and he's 100% developmentally typical. 
  • Options
    You all have worried now

Amelia does the spin likes a clock thing constantly. She will tripod sit for a little but then falls over. She will roll front to back in the crib and did it twice on the floor.. But hasn't done back to front. She'll take steps when she is standing and holding our hands. She's 5 months.

• Options
    Where's that octopus gif when you need it? I'm not ready!
  • Options
    My LO can roll both ways and was doing it ALL THE TIME until this week she has turned into super lazy baby..... She just chills out and seems happy with her toys where she is! I don't think crawling will be happening any time soon! She still likes to walk with us holding her hands (like tiny unstable steps.... But I still love it!)

I'm excited for crawling baby, but it's a little scary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"