One & Done: Only child
Options

I feel like I'm cheating on my coworkers

My interviews (yes, multiple!) with the other firm I applied to are this week. Tomorrow I am at the local office in the morning, and Thursday I travel down to the main office which will keep me away basically the whole day. I'm taking PTO of course, but I'm just feeling guilty walking around my office today. If I leave (which I'm thinking is pretty likely) I'm going to miss everyone a lot, and just feel bad for leaving them behind, I guess. I'm also excited and nervous about meeting everyone at the other offices. Maybe it's that I feel like I have a big secret, and I don't like keeping secrets. I can't wait until it's just all decided and out in the open!

Wish me luck this week!!

:-SS

Re: I feel like I'm cheating on my coworkers

• Options
    Dont feel bad you have to make YOU happy. They will understand. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    Good luck! I hope your interviews go well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Good luck!!
    IMG_8355
  • Options
    good luck!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! It really does help to know you all are rooting for me. :)
  • Options
    Good luck!!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

First interview down, 1 to go!

Today went really well. I met everyone I'd be working with in the local office. They're all really nice and I think I would mesh well into the team.

Thankfully, my former co-workers were part of my interview today, and gave me lots of advice about my headquarters meeting on Thursday. Most importantly, that the lunch time "orientation" is actually a talk to be presented by ME! Good to know!! I have something already prepared for another purpose that I think I can easily adapt, but geez. HQ Receptionist FAIL.

• Options

@lildis I am an ecologist. I do environmental impact studies for public and private development projects, among other things. I map wetlands and vegetation, look for rare plants and other endangered species, write impact reports and mitigation plans, stuff like that.

I currently work for a worldwide consulting firm (that trades on the stock market), and am applying at a much smaller privately-owned firm. The size of the new company is about the size of my current office, spread out over about half a dozen offices across the state. :) I'm looking forward to getting out of the "we need to grow as fast as we can so our shareholders make a profit!" corporate world into a "smart growth" firm that really focuses on the work I like to do.

So my presentation will be on a project I completed a couple years ago that highlights my interests and skills, and hopefully the staff will find interesting and help them get to know me. Totally do-able, just would've been nice to know about 2 weeks ago when they scheduled the interview!

omg I want to do that!! you have the coolest job!! can I pm you to ask you questions?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Good luck @rocknrollfriend ! The new place sounds like it could be a really good fit. Sometimes it's just about doing what you enjoy in an environment that fosters that. I could make way more money if I went to the private sector but I love the environment and flexibility of a pubic university so I have no interest in moving!

• Options

@lildis I am an ecologist. I do environmental impact studies for public and private development projects, among other things. I map wetlands and vegetation, look for rare plants and other endangered species, write impact reports and mitigation plans, stuff like that.

I currently work for a worldwide consulting firm (that trades on the stock market), and am applying at a much smaller privately-owned firm. The size of the new company is about the size of my current office, spread out over about half a dozen offices across the state. :) I'm looking forward to getting out of the "we need to grow as fast as we can so our shareholders make a profit!" corporate world into a "smart growth" firm that really focuses on the work I like to do.

So my presentation will be on a project I completed a couple years ago that highlights my interests and skills, and hopefully the staff will find interesting and help them get to know me. Totally do-able, just would've been nice to know about 2 weeks ago when they scheduled the interview!

omg I want to do that!! you have the coolest job!! can I pm you to ask you questions?
    lol definitely @gwendarling :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"