July 2014 Moms

weight gain

Probably weird FTM question, but what is appropriate weight gain for LOs each week? We have weekly weight checks and all but one his doctor was satisfied, but I'm just wondering what's average I guess. I'm trying to figure out do I need to buy a newborn snow suit or 0-3 month. 

Re: weight gain

• Our pedi said 0.5 - 1.0 ounces per day... Not sure if that is just for very early on, or if that is the range for longer...DD is only 5 weeks. ..

• 0-3. you'll have it for the whole winter.  they don't need to function in them or  even fit into s car seat, so if they are  a little big it won't matter.
    imageimage"">

• Loading the player...
  • Our pedi wants LO gaining 4-6 oz per week. She is 10 weeks old. I only know this because she is NOT gaining 4-6 oz per week and is falling off the growth chart. She gained a little over an ounce last week. Hoping for better at tomorrow's weigh in.
  • 0-3 or even 3-6 months is what I'd get, but like PP said, you can't use them in the car seats so I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a snowsuit unless you walk a lot or spend a lot of time outside in the winter.
  • Our doctor also said 1/2 to 1 oz per day like a lot of PP. I know this too because DD was 6 lbs 14 oz at birth, 6 lbs 9 oz when we took her home. At her weigh in at 3 weeks she had lost weight and was at 6 lbs 4 oz. I totally ugly cried over this. We just started feeding more and increased supplementing at night to 2 oz of formula. I also saw an LC at a Breastfeeding support group and we see the ENT tomorrow because the LC thinks she's tongue tied. We went to her weigh in today and she was up! 6 lbs 12 oz so not back to birth weight yet but in a health gaining range. So relieved!
  • No advice on normal weight gain, but wanted to recommend hitting up some yard sales or second hand stores. FIL and SMIL found two snow suits for DD one 0-3month and the other 3-6month for 50 cents each at a yard sale.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pup4gdb said:
    Our pedi wants LO gaining 4-6 oz per week. She is 10 weeks old. I only know this because she is NOT gaining 4-6 oz per week and is falling off the growth chart. She gained a little over an ounce last week. Hoping for better at tomorrow's weigh in.
    I hope tomorrow's weigh in goes better for you guys. 
  • @babyprigge Hopefully all goes well at the ENT, if she's tongue tied resolving that may be a big help. 

We live in MN so snow suits would make me feel better of course we'll use those fleece carseat covers and fleece blankets, but if it's -30 hopefully we don't have to go out, but in case we do I want a mini parka! I haven't bought anything for full price so maybe I'll just get both from Once Upon a Child. 
  • Hilee18 said:

@babyprigge Hopefully all goes well at the ENT, if she's tongue tied resolving that may be a big help. 

We live in MN so snow suits would make me feel better of course we'll use those fleece carseat covers and fleece blankets, but if it's -30 hopefully we don't have to go out, but in case we do I want a mini parka! I haven't bought anything for full price so maybe I'll just get both from Once Upon a Child. 
    Thanks! Me too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"