Military Families
Options

Tricare extension?!?!

Hey ladies!! My husband is getting out of the military in March. Our little baby is due in April. My SIL told me that one of her friends was able to have their tricare extended until after the baby was born & into the first couple months of life. Does anyone have any information about this? I would really appreciate anything. Thanks so much!! :)

Re: Tricare extension?!?!

• Options
    So, I could be very wrong here, but I do know some people who are leaving the Air Force due to force shaping (they were cut), and my understanding of how it works is that as long as they are near a military facility they continue to have TriCare for 6 months after their termination date.

I don't know if that also applies to getting out voluntarily. Can you ask your Key Spouse/FRG/AFR/whatever it's called in the branch your H works in? Has he gotten any info about getting out? That's where I would start.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I didn't even think to ask the FRO. He hasn't really looked into the logistics of getting out quite yet, he's still trying to adjust to not being thrown into another deployment. Thanks again for the advice!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are always covered for 6 months after the EAS date with Tricare.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    www.tricare.mil/~/media/Files/TRICARE/.../Sep_AD_FS.pdf
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"