November 2013 Moms
Options

*UPDATE* Hello from the Viking Ship!

edited August 2014 in November 2013 Moms
Hi ladies!

Katie told me I should drop by, and I was thinking of you all, so hello! I saw the thread she posted and all of your replies and just wanted to say thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. I've been blessed with a lot of miracles over the past few years, and I know you ladies and your prayers are behind a lot of them!

I'm still hanging out in the hosptial, but my blood pressure is low enough that they were able to turn off my magnesium at 8 this morning. I've been off of it for about 4 hours, and so far, so good. I'm being pumped full of diuretics and draining fluid like you wouldn't believe, which is awesome because I gained a ridiculous amount of weight with this pregnancy, mostly in fluid retention. It doesn't hurt to bend my knees anymore!

I'm not sure what the plan is long term or for discharge yet, but in lucky enough to be able to have my husband, Kate, and the newest Viking, Andrew (Andy) stay with me, so I can't complain too much.

He was born last Tuesday at 8:03 am at 37 weeks via repeat caesarean. He weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces, and was 20.5 inches long. He's a rockstar at breastfeeding and already sleeps seven and a half hours at night. I'm a pretty grateful momma right now.

I attached a picture of Kate (who weighs almost 17 pounds now) at her first birthday party on August 6th) and one of Andy the day after his birth.

Anyway, I hope all you ladies are doing well! I've been reading through some threads this morning trying to catch up a bit. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

-Ellie

Re: *UPDATE* Hello from the Viking Ship!

• Options
    They are both so precious!!! So glad you are doing better and that they can stay with you.
  • Options
    Thanks for stopping by to let us know how you're doing. Such beautiful babies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay!!! It's so good to hear from you! I'm so sorry you ended up back in the hospital. I hope you continue to recover quickly!

Congratulations on your handsome little Viking and congratulations to your beautiful little Kate on becoming a big sister! <:-P
  • Options
    I can't believe our board has it's first little sibling!  Congrats to you, and glad to hear you are doing better!  T&Ps continuing, and so glad you can have your family with you!
  • Options
    Your children are beautiful! Congratulations and I hope you can all go home soon.
  • Options
    Yay for going home!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"