3rd Trimester
Options

Swelling/High Blood Pressure

I am 35 weeks pregnant and am swollen so bad that it is starting to bruise.  My blood pressure ranges between 150/100-170/100.  I go to the hospital and they send  me home saying nothing is wrong with me.  My doctor is out until September 5th.  Is it normal to be so swollen and for my blood pressure to go up and down like that?  I asked the on call doctor and they say I am going to be like this until the end, which doesn't answer my question...

Re: Swelling/High Blood Pressure

• Options
    I would definitely talk to them about additional testing. My BP has consistently been in the 140s/90s and would drop down to normal. But my OBs still sent me to L and D twice for bloodwork and monitoring. I got sent home today to do a 24 hr urine collection.

Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor sent me to L&D last wednesday with almost those exact same blood pressure readings. I didn't have swelling or any other symptoms but after my 24 hr urine was diagnosed with preeclampisa. I'm headed to the hospital tonight for induction and have been on bed rest since that last appointment. I'd call L&D and ask to speak with the OB on call, I can't believe they sent you home with readings like that!

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Isn't there an on-call doctor at your office?  At this stage of your pregnancy with those symptoms you really should be screened for pre-e.

In the meantime, put your feet up as much as you can to try to get that swelling down.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"