August 2014 Moms

Tushy Tuesday (CD Check-in)

dogperson11dogperson11 member
edited August 2014 in August 2014 Moms
Lets talk wipes and solutions. What are you using for wipes? Disposable wipes? Cloth wipes? What's your wipe solution (water, soap, etc)? How do you store them (wet, dry)?
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: Tushy Tuesday (CD Check-in)

• Inside baby here, but we are going to be using cloth wipes. I got 2 dozen Grovia wipes off Amazon (will probably add another dozen, but we'll see how far the first 2 get us - hoping to wash every other day).

We plan to store them dry and wet them as needed. I've gone back and forth on how to wet them and think I finally found a good solution. I emptied and cleaned a shampoo bottle (with pump) and will keep that on the table with some kind of solution in it. Haven't figured out what to use for a solution yet, though (it's sitting there with water in it now).

For now I have a small container of regular disposable wipes in the diaper bag (gifted to us) that we'll use for when we're out and about until we figure out a better way.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Disposable at the moment but I used cloth with DD. Stored in a wipes container dry. Put the solution in a peri bottle. Solution is water, baby shampoo, baby oil, and tea tree oil.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Disposable at the moment but I used cloth with DD. Stored in a wipes container dry. Put the solution in a peri bottle. Solution is water, baby shampoo, baby oil, and tea tree oil.

Peri bottle is what I had originally planned to use to hold the solution but we worried we'd be constantly refilling it since it only holds 7 oz. Maybe my shampoo bottle will be overkill...
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • happylady07happylady07 member
    edited August 2014
    We switched to our cloth a few days ago. LOVING the GMD workhorses I picked up to try for the newborn phase this time, the fit is fantastic with a snappy!

I've been using disposable wipes because we were gifted a ton. However we used cloth wipes with DS1 and I would just wet what I needed with warm water in the sink before heading to the changing table. I have never used a wipe solution, never needed more than water.

Dogperson- I had a set of grovia wipes and actually gave them away, something about the material made liquid pool rather than be absorbed right away, which drove me bonkers. I much prefer my cotton flannel wipes, softer and more absorbent. Maybe they have changed them up from when I purchased 2+ years ago though!

ETA- disregard the above, I'm thinking of the thirsties wipes I tried, they were awful! Haven't tried grovia, they are probable good, I have a random assortment and never ran into the absorbency issue with anything but thirsties wipes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are using cloth wipes. Just a single layer of flannel, they work great. No wipe solution either, just store dry and wet what I need before use.

Hemp/cotton can touch baby's skin, right?

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

• Switching back and forth between disposable and cloth wipes. It depends on what's going on. I prefer my cloth wipes and solution over disposable though. They get the poop off better and I'm able to dry her tush before putting a diaper on which I believe is why she's diaper rash free. I made some wipes but I don't think they're going to work out so I may go and buy some bum genius wipes and replace the ones I made. As for how I'm storing them...my original plan was to use up a container of disposablethen put my cloth I there and cover them with solution however then the wipe wouwouldn't be dry to dry LO bum. For now I have the solution in a mason jar.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • We use cloth wipes for the nursery changes, and we're currently using Pampers Sensitive disposable wipes for living room changes.

I made maybe 20 flannel wipes, and I plan to make more once things settle down. We were also gifted a pack of bum genius wipes, and we also use a few baby washcloths.  We keep them in a wipe warmer with water and CJ's carcass cleaner.  I like keeping them this way, but I'm not a fan of the particular wipe warmer I bought.  The way it is made won't let me fill it with water b/c it would all leak out. So we just wet them first and put them in, but if it isn't full they start getting cooler.

TTC Since 6/13
    BFP 1: 6/16/13  EDD: 3/2/14  MMC: 8/26/13
    BFP 2: 11/16/13 EDD: 8/3/14
    Baby Brody born 8/1/14!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"