1st Trimester

Spotting at 7 wks of pregnancy; had miscarriage 2 months ago...scared!

Hi Friends,
I'm new to the bump but happy to be here.  I had my healthy 8 month old son in December 2013.  We then got pregnant at the end of this past June but I miscarried early (no d&c necessary).  To our surprise we got pregnant shortly after and I am about 6/7 wks now.  Today I started spotting - light pink/light brown.  It is not as heavy as last time but it has been a few hours and while it is light it is definitely there and continuing.  I took a pregnancy test and it says still pregnant.  

I'm pretty confused and as it's a Saturday I can't get to my gyno till Monday.  

Does anyone have any insight?  Is this the beginning of another miscarriage?

I thank you in advance for any information and wish you all good things! 
:-*

Re: Spotting at 7 wks of pregnancy; had miscarriage 2 months ago...scared!

• *lurker* I mentioned this a couple posts down... I had spotting around 5 or 6 weeks with DD.  The brown is usually considered to be 'old blood' being evicted by/from the cervix.  Put your feet up, drink some water and try to relax.  I say this as someone who, following a m/c sobbed on DH and said "I can't handle this again!" Usually whatever is wrong, that isn't really wrong, can be solved by rest and water - go figure.  Obviously I'm not a doctor and this is my experience only. Hope things settle down for you! *lurker out*

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Spotting in 1st tri can be normal..especially if it is light and you are not having cramping or other issues. If it were me I would rest and see if the bleeding gets more/less and if cramping happens. If it did get more or I had cramps I would go in. I would for sure call me OB on Monday to let them know..,and see what they want to do. However, trust your gut. If you really are scared it never hurts to go in and check. Hope it is nothing and you have a healthy pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • heathersf11heathersf11 member
    edited August 2014
     HCG levels can turn a pregnancy test positive for several weeks after a miscarriage. I wouldn't rely on a home test to quell any fears. Please call your doctor and get lots of rest. 
    DH diagnosed with testicular cancer 6/04/10
    Married DH 8/1/11
    7/21/13 SA poor morphology/ low count
    BFP #1 11/18/13, EDD 7/22/14 
    MC Blighted Ovum 12/4/13 @ 7wks
    BFP #2 8/21/14, EDD 5/1/15 

All Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks Heather, yep, as mentioned I intend to call/see doctor on Monday.  Took the pregnancy test as after the last miscarriage it pretty quickly said "not pregnant" so that's why I did it this time for some guidance on a weekend.  We've been to the dr, this is not hcg levels, it's a pregnancy.  Fortunately the spotting has stopped.  Thanks for the response.
  • Thank you for the response.and the kind words, I greatly appreciate it.  It appears the spotting has lessened.  I feel on red alert because this is similar to what happened last time only it was much heavier and brighter.  Anyway, yes, hubs is on daddy duty and rest is on the agenda.  Thank you again!
  • Thank you Spartan Lurker for the response and kindness.  Water has been a major problem as I have been incredibly nauseated - during my first pregnancy I had morning sickness for 5 months and lost 10 pounds!  Hoping this is going to get smoother.  I'm so sorry you had a miscarriage, they are so hard to handle.  
  • I'm glad things have calmed down a bit and hoping your Dr. has been able to schedule you in.
    3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• I just went through this on Thursday, my result was not good, but it looks like you're better.  I'm keeping you and your little one in my prayers!  
  • Hi Friends...actually had to go to the ER yesterday - turns out much of this was in big part to dehydration as some of you suggested (damn, you're smart! =) .  Got some IV's pumped in, saw the heartbeat and feeling a bit better.  Still nauseated beyond belief but the pains and blood are gone.

Pattele, I'm so sorry - yes, I had a different result 2 months ago as well.  It's not easy and I'm really sorry you had to go through that.  It seems like what is meant to be will be...no rhyme or reason sometimes.

Thanks all for your kindness...wishing you all good things!  
    :x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"