December 2013 Moms

Nose Frida newbie

We broke down and bought the nose frida today. After a week at his new montessori school LO has a killer runny nose. Forgive me if I am being naive and this is as gross as returning a used sippy cup but here goes. Do you really need to replace the filter after each use? There were only 4 included which would be like 2 days worth. It doesn't seem like any snot touches it. What do you do? If you replace each time where do you order? Any good deals out there? Educate me wise ladies!

Re: Nose Frida newbie

• They sell the filters at target! I do replace them each time, though. I just feel like you never know if one tiny boogie got up in there. Lol. I'm pretty sure the refill filters are like in the $5 range!
  • Ok good to know. Hubby has been handling the snot sucking duties thus far so if a boogie snuck through that's on him! Lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ha, I'm the opposite. I don't replace after each use. I thought it was like every 10 times or something? But that would be from way back when I bought it 3 years ago. It could have changed since then. 

That makes sense to me. Like the medela steam bags. Good for 20 uses. One suck per filter seemed cray cray to me but I'm cheap hence just now springing for the damn frida at 8 months.
  • I don't change it after every use. Truth be told I haven't changed it since LO was born but I've probably used it less than 10x
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• I'm a horrible person. I've never changed it... I have refills but just haven't done it. The boogies never go up more than the little narrow part at the bottom. So I'm not worried. I'm betting you could even rinse it out.
  • Danicali said:

I'm a horrible person. I've never changed it... I have refills but just haven't done it. The boogies never go up more than the little narrow part at the bottom. So I'm not worried. I'm betting you could even rinse it out.

This is me. LO hasn't gotten a runny nose. It's usually just a booger or two and they hardly make it past the narrow part. However, I will be changing it tomorrow. Because I feel bad now.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't feel bad @fauxvegan‌ Pretty sure the changing of it is only for our benefit.. I guess unless it was clogged or something?
  • Haven't changed it either. But honestly didn't know the recommendations to. We've only used it a handful of times though.
  • I'm one of the ones who never changes it. I actually just rinse everything out after I use it, filter included. I bought mine off amazon and it came with around 40 filters or so. When the time comes, I will probably use amazon for replacement filters.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Ya. If is for bacterial transfer I'm not sure it's much different than when he sneezes in my face or anything like that lol. So I'm not worried!
  • Ashers423Ashers423 member
    edited August 2014
    Yikes
    We definitely don't change it after every single use....
    But we have changed it a few times
    Edit: we have rinsed and dried the filters also a few times
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"