Natural Birth

spinning babies-when to start?

I did some of the exercises with spinning babies with my son and successfully moved him from transverse (at 24 weeks so normal) to head down. 

What is your experience with spinning babies and when would you recommend starting?  Or is it more of a if nothing is wrong don't fix it?

I'm also doing prenatal yoga and chiropractic care which I would guess is more important...Just wondering other people's experiences.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: spinning babies-when to start?

• I started it at the beginning of my second Tri. You don't have to start that early but I wanted to get into the habit of doing my yoga and then spinningbabies.com excercises at night before bed. It became a relaxing way to ease the aches and pains and helped me sleep.
  • My MW said that they worry about baby not being head down at 36 weeks or later so my thought would be anytime before hand would help just in case s/he is crazy active and tries to flip after moving to a head down position.  I'm 33 weeks now and my MW confirmed this morning that he is head down.  I'm going to try to do some yoga and spinning babies exercises daily to help keep him in that position (I've been doing yoga mostly a few times per week up until now). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just talked to my midwife Saturday about ways to help ensure a good position. Her biggest tip is to sit slightly leaned forward. Don't sleep on your back or lean back in your chair at work for 8 hours a day. You want the heavier part of the baby (back and head) to settle towards your belly and downwards. She also highly recommends chiropractic care throughout pregnancy.

I've been seeing a chiropractor since 6 weeks. Just once every 2 months right now, but more often once I get further along. Keeping everything in line can help a lot. Swimming is also supposed to be great, but it is mostly for the same reasons listed above about belly down positioning to use gravity to move the baby. 

I wouldn't worry until you are 36 weeks like others said. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I started spinning babies exercises at 33 weeks, because my son was breech. He turned head down at 34 weeks until 37 weeks, at which point he went back to breech. He finally flipped back head down at 39 weeks and three days, five days before my schedule C-section for breech presentation. I also did acupuncture and moxibustion, in combination with chiropractic care.

I am currently pregnant and will start doing spinning babies exercises in the second trimester to try to get baby in a good position from the start.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"