May 2012 Moms
Options

Garden harvests

What are you all having success with in your gardens?

We just started getting tomatoes. Picked 24 yesterday. Yum! I had some sort of mellow growing but I'm not sure what it was because a deer ate it before I was able to identify it. haha Sting beans are growing and we've gotten some peppers. The flowers are doing pretty good. The weeds are doing really well. Ha! I'm pleased to see tons of bumblebees and earthworms this year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Garden harvests

• Options
    My garden is pretty much finished. It didn't do great this year. I was good about watering but not about fertilizer. I am still getting a few tomatoes but everything else is done.
  • Options
    Pretty girl you'll never get rid of weeds weed seeds can be dormant in the ground for over 10 years, best to spray with round up now and put down a preen or concern which keeps seeds from germinating in places where you plant plants in the spring. You should also test ph this fall having the wrong ph will mess with tomatoes and peppers drastically!! Also laying newspaper between plants will help weed control.

Gardening is what I do for a living ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The wrong ph makes grass grow better than the veggies :) round up is very safe the ld50 meaning the amount it takes kill someone is higher in round up than toothpaste (toothpaste takes less to kill you)

Is the grass there first thing in the spring?? Or does it take time to show back up?? If it isn't there until later it is crab grass and then a pre emergent like corn gluten will keep it from growing.

Ps newspaper won't keep the grass from growing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"