Trouble TTC
Options

RE Advice (Loss Mentioned)

Hello Everyone,

I was active on this board towards the beginning of the year. We did our first IUI in March and it was successful but ended with a missed miscarriage. I went offline for a while trying to slowly put the pieces back together. We just recently completed IUI #2 and it was not successful :( 

Anyway....the details are in my siggy. But I was hoping to get some advice on switching RE's. It seems like such a daunting task and I knew you girls would have the best advice! The reason I am wanting to switch is because our current RE doesn't do any testing during a treatment cycle and I feel like this is putting us at a disadvantage. Currently, I take Clomid 100mg on CD 3-7, then start OPKs on CD 10, once I get a positive OPK I go in the next day for the IUI. Thats it. And they do not do IUIs on Sunday--so if you get a postive OPK on Saturday...you have to wait until Monday. From being on this board a lot before we started treatments, this just seems wrong!

I know that it will take a couple months to get into a new RE but I believe it would definitely be for the better. What do you girls think? Any advice/considerations when switching REs? It seems like such a BIG decision.

Huge thank you in advance.

We said "I Do" Nov 2009  ~  Trying for our first Jan 2013 
Me: 26 years old  ~  H: 29 years old   ~ Unexplained infertility ~ ALL WELCOME!!! ~
IUI # 1: March 2014 - Clomid 100mg , BFP, EDD 12/10/2014,  MMC 8w5d, D&C 5/6/14  

IUI # 2: August 2014 - Clomid 100mg, BFN
September 5th: Consult with new RE--so happy we switched!!!

October-CD 3 bw, fluid sonogram, testing for NK cells. Possibly moving to IVF depending on results........bloodwork showed low AMH, elevated natural killer cells, H SA showed mild male factor. Officially signed up for Dec IVF with intralipid infusions.

Re: RE Advice (Loss Mentioned)

• Options
    It was SO worth it when I switched. There was a wait but they ended up having a cancellation and I got in a month early. Do your research online. Ask your current doctors. Word of mouth is the best way to know what you're getting into. So many times we go to a doctor blindly. Not anymore will I do that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you aren't comfortable it's a sign to switch. My REs practice is open 365 days a year and they do IUIs when your body is ready. Even on Sundays. Your new RE can request your medical records so hopefully you won't have to redo anything.
    Me: 26 (IC/PCOS-2000mg of Metformin daily)

June 2014- HSG=clear

DH: 27 (SA results were great minus the slightly low morphology)
    Started dating DH in 2002 at 14 years old
    Married on 03.01.2014
    Officially TTC since April 2014 
    January 2013- Surprise BFP, m/c at 6 weeks, D&C 2 Weeks later
    April 2014- First RE appointment
    July 2014- IUI#1-Canx due to scar tissue and polyps. TI with the help of Ovidrel. BFN

August 2014- Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue and polyp

September 2014- IUI #1.1-100mg Clomid, Ovideral, 11.5 million swimmers=BFP

EDD-6/3/15- Our sweet baby Ryan was born on 1/6/15 and is in the arms of an Angel

Dx with IC on 1/6/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Switch. And don't look back.

Me (29) DH (37)

Married 7/11

Actively TTC 3/12

DX: PCOS

Current treatment: Break from IUIs until after the holidays

-----All Welcome----

~~~January 3T Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolutions~~~

(I don't do resolutions...so I stole T-Rex's)

• Options
    I'd definitely switch in that situation.

I originally picked my RE based on location and insurance network exclusively. However, now that we're moving onto IVF (which I never thought we'd need to do) I wish I would have looked up SART data and based my decision on IVF success rates in addition to location and insurance network. You might want to consider that as well.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
    I would definitely switch! Good for you for looking out for yourself. :)
  • Options
    I'm sorry you have to be back on this board, and for your loss  :(

Agreed with all PPs...switch.  

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss this spring.

I am glad you are able to join us here again. :)

Wow, so if you over respond, you would never know how many follies you had and might end up pregnant with higher order multiples? Sounds like malpractice to me!

Our office also charges $5 per page for records transfer, it's highway robbery, so perhaps see if you can get just key records if there is a charge? But since it's been 1/2 a year your new RE may want to repeat some testing, especially if you haven't been having bloodwork.

Good luck!!

January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies! You are truly amazing :)

I think I just needed your input for the final push....what was I thinking? I know better than to stay at an RE that doesn't do any monitoring during a cycle. It is a bit intimidating to know what clinic to switch to when you already have an established relationship.

I called an RE office that came recommended by a coworker. Just before I called to schedule a consult on the next available date (November 25th) someone had just called and cancelled their appointment on Sept 5th. The receptionist was so nice and understanding and since we have already been doing treatments she gave us the Sept appt so we don't have to wait!!

We said "I Do" Nov 2009  ~  Trying for our first Jan 2013 
    Me: 26 years old  ~  H: 29 years old   ~ Unexplained infertility ~ ALL WELCOME!!! ~
    IUI # 1: March 2014 - Clomid 100mg , BFP, EDD 12/10/2014,  MMC 8w5d, D&C 5/6/14  

IUI # 2: August 2014 - Clomid 100mg, BFN
    September 5th: Consult with new RE--so happy we switched!!!

October-CD 3 bw, fluid sonogram, testing for NK cells. Possibly moving to IVF depending on results........bloodwork showed low AMH, elevated natural killer cells, H SA showed mild male factor. Officially signed up for Dec IVF with intralipid infusions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"