Multiples
Options

Getting Through the Last Days/Weeks

As of today, I'm 36w3d with di/di twins.  At our 35w visit, they estimated both babies to be around 5 1/2 lbs.  As of a couple of days ago, the doctor said my cervix was completely closed, so there's little chance of me going into labor anytime soon.  My doctors and I are completely surprised that I've made it this far, as I have other health issues that should have made this pregnancy very difficult.  I feel fortunate to have made it this far, but frankly I don't know how much more I can take.  My back hurts, my pelvis pops, and my feet are the size of shoeboxes.  Even my stretch marks hurt.  It hurts to lie down, roll over, and get up.  My doctor wants to induce at 38w, I was trying to negotiate to 39w, but at this point, I'm not going to argue with her.  I told work that I would stick around until the end, but just the thought of walking from my car to the building makes me want to cry.  

Does anyone have any tips on making it through these last couple of weeks?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting Through the Last Days/Weeks

• Options
    Awesome you've made it this far, mama!!  I'm only 31+ weeks and I'm getting so uncomfortable.  Too tired and painful to move around much but when I lie in bed, I get stiff and in pain so quickly, it's hard to find any comfort still or active.  And I have weeks to go!  

You are SOOO close now.  We are cheering you on.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had planned to work up until the end, but in the end I could not do it. I gave 2 weeks notice at 31 weeks. Ironically on my 2nd to last day working I was put on bed rest (went ahead for my last day since it was a goodbye lunch). Then I was induced 1 1/2 weeks later.

Can you go to 1/2 days or work from home? I know I never could have contunued working longer than I did. When I was at home having visitors helped keep me sane as well as foot rubs wgen DH was willing. Hang in there!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try to get all the help you can, take it easy, and stop working if possible.  I went to 39 weeks, but those last few weeks I couldn't really do much.  I have a 2 year old, and every day I would wake up and get her ready with the help of DH, drive her over to my parent's house so they could watch her, and by the time I got there I was DONE, I would have to take a nap by 9am pretty much every morning. I couldn't imagine having to work also. I just kept reminding myself that I could do ANYTHING for the health of my babies, and every extra day cooking meant a better birth weight. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You can do it! I went until 38 weeks, and my babies were big, 8lbs and 7lbs! I wanted to be put into a medically induced coma the last few weeks, I didn't think I'd make it! But, 4 months later, it's all a distant memory :-)
  • Options
    I was on hospital bedrest by the end of week 35 - the only walking I was doing was to use the restroom and shower, and I was still over it! I watched a LOT of TV, read forums and social networking sites, and just waited until my induction (we had to induce at 37w1d due to pre-e). It might be time to stop working and just relax. Use your doctor as an excuse if you want to - I am sure she would have no problem writing you a note to say that you need to go on leave. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    xtina78xtina78 member
    edited August 2014
    Totally feel your pain. I made it to 37 + 4 and the last weeks were tough. It was this weird mix of emotions of wanting them to come so I could be more comfortable and wanting them to keep cooking for their benefit. The only advice I can really give you is to take it as easy as possible. If you can stop working, stop. Only do the most essential tasks around your house and ask for help especially from your partner.  I would also take your OBs advice and induce at 38 weeks. You will feel better immediately. It's been exciting to see how the fluid has come off of me over the last 9 days since my c/s. It was awesome to see my ankle bones again! 

eta: typos
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board