Trouble TTC a Sibling

GTKY: 2ww distractions

Since we're all experts at the 2ww, what are your coping mechanisms? Do you drink til it's pink? Take it easy and think pregnant thoughts? Buy all
things mail order so you have something to look forward to daily?

Re: GTKY: 2ww distractions

• My first few months I shopped a ton. I seriously thought we had sex when we were supposed to so I would be pregnant. Ha!

Now I'm in the drink til it's pink camp. I try to plan something fun for the weekends so I can have another goal to focus on.

I feel like I'vewwished my last year and a half away waiting for the 2ww to end.
  • Drink til pink. Not temping regularly if at all after like the 4th day of my 2ww helps me stay sane since I can't analyze temps.
    m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • @dmsmth‌ I only recently gave up temping in the 2ww. Definitely less stressful!
  • I quit buying pregnancy tests. I couldn't control myself during the 2ww and it got super stressful and depressing. I won't test anymore unless I have a missed period. I'm in the drink till it's pink club.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wish I drank. If I could drink I would drink til it's pink, but it always makes me feel crappy.

My answer is depressing and not helpful but I have so little hope in getting a BFP anytime soon, the TWW hasn't been stressing me out. 

I think I'm going to try to get back into running again to help deal with stress in general.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I drink til it's pink.  Like others - it is a distraction and gives me things to look forward to.

I also try to stay off FF and not worry about days.  Sometimes 8DPO sneaks right up on me.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • I def drink til it's pink...and it helps when I stay busy through the day. 
  • I wish I drank. If I could drink I would drink til it's pink, but it always makes me feel crappy.

My answer is depressing and not helpful but I have so little hope in getting a BFP anytime soon, the TWW hasn't been stressing me out. 

I think I'm going to try to get back into running again to help deal with stress in general.
    Pretty much the "there's no hope anyway" thing. I finally had a break through hitting the 4-year mark and haven't been so obsessed. I guess I gave into the fact that it's not gonna happen without treatment so there's no use stressing on natural cycles.

I definitely have a drink from time to time, without regard to cycle day. :)
  • I'm in the drink till it's pink category too.

I like the idea of not temping after you know you've O'd ... I can see that being less stressful as you can't overanalyze every little dip or spike in your temp.
    BFP 3/30/13, MMC and D&C 4/19/13
    BFP 4/8/14, MMC 5/5/14, D&C 5/9/14
    BFP 8/26/14 Due date 5/8/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't drink so I can't subscribe to the "drink till it's pink" coping mechanism, but I don't do anything in particular to keep my mind off of it. I haven't been temping at all since i've been on meds. They mess up my temps anyway. I guess I just try to have faith that i've done whatever I could do to give myself the best chance possible and take it from there. I usually start testing around 13dpo.
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
  • I definitely drink until it's pink. I would go crazy otherwise. The hardest time for me is the last few days before AF arrives. It's when I'm the craziest. We are moving for DH's career in October, so that has really helped keep me busy lately.
  • Like another pp I stopped buying pregnancy tests. The constant BFNs put me in a bad mood and made me a drag to be around (poor dd who has to spend all day with me!). I'll buy a test if my period is a no show...I save some (ok a lot of) money that way too!

Other than that, I just spend time with my family and try to get out with friends once or twice a week and that all helps too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"