January 2014 Moms

Fitness/Weight Loss

I'm having some trouble getting/staying motivated. Anyone care to discuss and share?

1. What are you doing for exercise? How often? What do you do with LO while you exercise?

2. What strategies are you using/challenges are you having with healthy eating?

3. For those that like to snack, what's your favourite healthy snack that actually satisfies cravings?

4. What's your goal (end goal and/or mini-goal)? What do you do when you lose motivation?

Re: Fitness/Weight Loss

• 1. We have an elliptical and free weights that I use at home. I'm trying to use it at least 5 times a week but probably average 2-3 right now. I used to do it while H was with DD in the evenings but found I was too burnt out from the day to get a good workout, so today I tried doing my workout while she had her afternoon nap and it was much better.

2. H eats very healthy and he cooks dinner, so my dinners are almost always healthy (he does no dairy, no carbs, lots of veggies). My other meals are not so good right now, work in progress.

3. Snacking is my biggest problem. Looking forward to reading tips from others for this question that hopefully I can use myself.

4. I was back to my pre-baby weight pretty quickly, but pre-baby weight was about 20-30 lbs heavier than I want to be (I could actually lose more than that but 20-30 lbs down would put me at the highest healthy weight for my size). My first big goal is to lose 20 lbs, and then I'll reassess and set a new goal. I'd like to lose at least 20 lbs by the time I TTC our next LO (about a year from now).
  • 1. What are you doing for exercise? How often? What do you do with LO while you exercise?
    While I'm at home with DD, I try to be on my feet and be active with her. I don't have "me" time to go to the gym so I dance with DD or while she naps. I'm also on my feet and running around at work which helps a lot.

I try to have fruits or vegs with every meal. SO's diet at his house consist of fried or no vegetable which is out of the norm for me. I grew up eating a wide variety of foods and cooking methods.

3. For those that like to snack, what's your favourite healthy snack that actually satisfies cravings?
    Every morning & afternoon, I have a fruit and vegetable smoothie with a cup of soy milk. I also have almonds around me when I get a snacking urge.

4. What's your goal (end goal and/or mini-goal)? What do you do when you lose motivation?
    I'm not so much worried about weight honestly, but I would like to tone my body again. I have excess flab skin on my stomach that I would love for it to be flat again. When I lose motivation, I just accept that today is not my day and I can start again tomorrow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. What are you doing for exercise? How often? What do you do with LO while you exercise?

We have an elliptical at the house and weights. I've been doing both 2x/week and then dancing with E and various other core exercises. My exercise plan isn't very structured right now.

Meal planning - even down to the snacks I'll have. H and I write out a meal plan for the week and have really been staying with that. We eat out only one meal per week. I'm cutting carbs and pairing good carbs with protein.

I love low fat plain Greek yogurt mixed with grapefruit (mix it myself) or cottage cheese with berries or melon. Olives are also another go to snack for me.

My end goal is to lose 60 pounds. I've broken it up into 6 mini goals of 10lb and celebrating each one. My fitness pal has helped keep my motivation up - and I enter in everything, even the not so great decisions.

My mantra is that this is a journey made one decision/choice at a time. One not so great decision will not derail my entire plan.

E is my source of motivation. I want to be healthy and active enough to keep up with her!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •  

1. What are you doing for exercise? How often? What do you do with LO while you exercise?
    I'm not officially "exercising" because I don't have time and keep busy chasing after my crawling baby. I try to just keep active with DD.

I haven't been worried about healthy eating because I've been breastfeeding and that has helped me to lose all of the baby weight plus 20 lbs! But I started weaning this week, so I'm sure I'm going to need to start watching what I eat now. I plan to eat more veggies and fruit.

I need to see others ideas!! This is where I lose all of my calories - empty snacking!!

I would love to lose another 30 lbs. I'm so motivated by the fact that I lost all of the baby weight plus some that hopefully that will keep me motivated for awhile. Also, some pics on the fridge of when I was at my heaviest helps to keep me in check and put things in perspective.

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• I run, cycle, do Barre classes and work with a trainer.

We have been doing vegetarian meal prep service for dinner. I'm also trying not to eat as much.

Snacks: yogurt is a big go to, apples and peanut butter, berries.

I have about four pounds left to lose. I realize that it's not a lot, but I am (admittedly) vain and I can't handle not having a good body.

Thanks for posting this--- I don't understand why it's so taboo to talk about weight.
  • Thanks for sharing ladies. Obviously a big part of it is wanting to look and feel good, but a few of you touched on what is really important and my main motivation which is modelling a healthy and active lifestyle for DD. Right now I'm a bit of a couch potato and don't get out with DD as much as I'd like to. I think maybe if I incorporate more fun family activities into my fitness routine (walks with DD, swimming, etc.) along with my solo exercise, I might be more inclined to stick with it. Maybe even look into some "mommy and me" type exercise classes to do once or twice a week.
    Because of my Diastasis recti issues, I was told no hard work outs, running, elliptical, etc. for the first year. I power walk with DS twice a day, usually 45 minutes in the morning and 20 min in the evening. I do exercises for my DR but its only like 10 minutes 3-4 times a week. Def. gotta work on that...

German cuisine includes a lot of bread, oil, cream based soups and sauces, potatoes, and butter. None of these things are conducive to a low calorie diet, and these are the things that I am surrounded by every-day-all-day. Its REALLY hard not to eat bread and butter for dinner when everyone else is eating it.

3. For those that like to snack, what's your favorite healthy snack that actually satisfies cravings?
    I eat fruit. Lots of it. I try to pick fruits that are not as high sugar (no grapes, for example) and I eat that without restraint when I want a snack. Its better to eat 3 apples than eat one and end up breaking down 30 mins later and eating a candy bar.

My goal is to heal the terrible gap in my stomach, and to lose about 10 lbs.
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

After moving and getting settled I had no more excuses but to get serious with running again. I try to run every day. 3 miles is my comfort zone then I try for 2 long runs somewhere in there.

To be honest I haven't really "watched" what I eat because I'm still nursing and I want to make sure I'm getting enough calories.

I love the zesty ranch veggie sticks as a chip substitute. I also love humus!

I compare myself to my sil for motivation! Lol. He youngest is the same age as my dd and we both lost it together last time, but then I got pregnant again. I've always been thinner that her (both athletic bodies but I was always "smaller" than her) so it drives me crazy that she's thinner than me.

20 lbs to lose which will probably slowly come off as I continue to run and I want to be back to my reg weight by the time ds #2 turns 1.

• Mandii385Mandii385 member
    edited August 2014
    My husband has his own fitness website with daily workout videos that are only 10-15 mins long, you don't need any workout equipment and our DD can be seen crawling around/ babbling in the background :) www.richs247worldfitness.com check it out ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"