January 2013 Moms

Tell me about Amazon Prime...

Can someone dumb this down for me?  I am techonologically behind but I order quite a bit from amazon so i think that I should probably use it, however I don't really understand how it works. 

They talk about all of these shows, etc. How do you get them?  What other perks are there besides free shipping?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tell me about Amazon Prime...

• Love Amazon prime.  
    -We buy pouches for DS on a subscription so they are cheaper.
    -Our family lives across the country, so when buying Christmas presents, prime just makes it so damn easy.  We don't have to worry about shipping.
    -Returns are free as well.
    -You can stream movies and shows for free.
    -I borrow a book on the Kindle lending library once a month.
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • You can do subscribe and save on a lot of things and it'll save you like 5% or 20% if you have 5 different subscriptions coming in one month.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Amazon Prime! I have the student membership so mine is half priced, but it's worth full price!

We save so much money on shipping. I buy all kinds of things on Amazon (especially baby products). We cloth diaper, but I know that you can do subscribe and save on diapers and wipes and it really does save money.

We use the streaming movie/tv shows as well. They now have a bunch of HBO shows on there.  I got hooked on True Blood. There's also kids shows available to stream like Daniel Tiger, etc.

There's also free books to download and all that good stuff.

Highly recommend it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • OK this is where I am lost... what the heck is streaming??? 

Like ok I get access to all of these shows then where do you watch them?  Can I get them on the TV?  I have a phone and maybe "streaming" would be cool if I could play things on my phone for DD on the plane when we vacay soon but other than that where and how do people "stream" things?

I am a goon.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • There's Amazon Mom, took which has some perks, that you might want to look into too. I have both, so I'm not sure which perks come with which one... I use the monthly subscriptions for diapers, wipes, pouches, and some household stuff, and we stream tv shows (Mr Rogers, Sesame St, Thomas) to the Amazon Video app for DS.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• There is an amazon video app you can download onto your phone or tablet.  You can also stream through the apple tv and similar devices.
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Amazon Mom membership is free if you are a Prime member. We save a TON on diapers through Amazon Mom (plus, I subscribe to them, so they just show up every month and I never have to think about it unless it is getting time to switch the size/quantity of diapers I need delivered).
  • We're big fans of Amazon Prime.  Once you have it, you can stream movies and TV shows (similar to Netflix/Hulu).  We dropped our Netflix once we got prime (it costs the same over the course of a year).  The two day shipping is really nice for our small business purchases.  DH and I are big readers, and it's really nice to have access to their lending library and their once a month free book for our Kindles.  We subscribe and save the cleaning products we have to have in our gym (we own a small 24 hour fitness center), the motor oils and shop rags DH needs for his company (a tree service), and general essentials for the house (toilet paper, coconut milk, and BPA free canned goods - we're rural, so the stores around here charge an arm and a leg for the stuff).  Plus, the Amazon Mom stuff run really good sales too (we CD, but I've heard the diapers are a really good price that way), even on CD stuff like wet bags. 
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"