1st Trimester
Options

dont want friends to know im pregnant yet but going to a winery tomorrow.

Im going to a winery tomorrow with my neighbors and we always drink a lot. How can I go without them knowing something is up? Is it ok to have a small glass of wine at 6 weeks?

Re: dont want friends to know im pregnant yet but going to a winery tomorrow.

• Options
    Not go?  Say you're sick.

At 6 weeks I wouldn't risk it.  Maybe later in pregnancy one or two drinks won't do much, but this early I personally wouldn't.  

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    Tell them you have a UTI and your taking antibiotics where you can drink. And honestly if your going to a winery,chances are you will not have a good time since the whole scenery is everyone trying different wines. I would personally say Im sick and not go, its not worth the risk and you probably will not have fun. Plan a date with your husband instead!  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did the fake drinking thing a lot - swap glasses with your husband, nurse one glass of wine for a looong time. Unless they are on pregnancy watch, people often aren't watching you as much as you think they are. I threw a lot of wine into pot plants early on in my pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If they are good friends....go and have fun! Say you're taking antibiotics or made a promise not to drink...whatever....
  • Options
    Foodies1 said:
    Tell them you have a UTI and your taking antibiotics where you can drink. And honestly if your going to a winery,chances are you will not have a good time since the whole scenery is everyone trying different wines. I would personally say Im sick and not go, its not worth the risk and you probably will not have fun. Plan a date with your husband instead!  :)
    I actually really have a UTI and am taking antibiotics. I went to a bar for a girlfriend's birthday and had pineapple juice. I said that drinking more than one drink would make me sick and my friend still pushed drinks on me. I stuck with my juice and water.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm going out for my birthday this weekend...same boat. I'm only 4w and I'm definitely not telling anyone til after I hear a heartbeat. I'm thinking I'll just take a Gatorade bottle & tell everyone there's alcohol in it? They are going to be suspicious if I'm caboozing with no booze...everyone knows we've been trying since last June... I would not even drink a sip. Especially this soon.
  • Options
    @kmerkle1 my fall back trick to when I go to bars with friends is to order soda water with lime...looks just like a gin and tonic.  Or you can always tell the bartender that you are pregnant and don't want your friends to know so any drink you order to make virgin!
    BabyFruit Ticker  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"