One & Done: Only child

Only children on TV or in the Movies

We might have done this before on this page, but since Daniel Tiger Neighborhood is talking about siblings, maybe we need to remember shows and movies in which an only child is the main character? I was thinking that I saw on Buzzfeed that most of the Disney princesses were only children. Of those that I can think of:

Belle

Rapunzel

Cinderella? (step-sisters, wicked ones at that)

Snow White?

and then...

Simba

Bambi

Hmm...a lot of these have to do with parent death. But that's the general Disney storyline. Any others people can think of?

University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

Re: Only children on TV or in the Movies

• The girl from My 2 Dads, Punky Brewster and her best friend Cherry, Steve Urkel and his girlfriend Myra, Jen on Dawson's Creek

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Opie from Andy Griffith, Pebbles & Bam Bam, Sam & Jonathan from Who's the boss

• Loading the player...
  • Willow and Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Wolowitz on Big Bang Theory

Bella from Twilight

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• AgoAgo member

Dorothy from Wizard of Oz

I wish there weren't so many due to death of a parent! Kudos on mentioning Mulan - since she has both parents!

University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

• AgoAgo member
    Nemo, I guess...

• AgoAgo member
    Priss08 said:
    Bewitched maybe? Does the main character have siblings?

Do you mean Samantha? Yes, she did.

Their daughter Tabitha might have been an only, but now that I think about it, maybe eventually she had a younger brother.

This brings up old shows! Dick Van Dyck, I Love Lucy had only kids.

• All the girls on The Facts of Life. Doogie Howser, The Fresh Prince, Lisa, Jessie, Slater, Screech & Zack from Saved by the Bell, Donna & Steve on BH 90210

• Hanna and Emily on Pretty Little Liars
    Chandler on Friends
    Leslie Knope on Parks & Recreation
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Almost the entire cast of Glee is onlies...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"