Single Parents

ahh Friday night..

Just want to say hi to all my fellow preggers and already mamas out there. Friday nights alone are proving themselves to be the most lonely times for me. How is everyone else doing??

Re: ahh Friday night..

• Btw I recently changed my screen name.
  • It was under my real name. Jennifervorel. I waited until 27 weeks to change it. Ahhh
  • Loading the player...
  • Im having a reds strawberry ale and watching disney movies with ds
  • I was super lonely last night. I watched 2 episodes of orange is the new black, and half of a Nicholas sparks movie in netflix on my phone as I don't have internet or cable (stbxh shut them off to spite me). I didn't cry though which was pretty awesome of me. Just try to remember even when you think you are alone you really aren't ;) your little booger is right there with you.
  • I spent the night texting this dude I met on Match.com A good way to pass the time. I have the kids every single Friday night so those nights haven't been exciting in, oh, over 4 years.
    Tonight I'm going out to dinner with my mom and her huby. At least I will do my hair and put on some eye shadow for something other than work. Maybe Mr. Right (Now) will be there waiting for me! LOL But no kids today and tomorrow so it's time to clean, massage, mani and pedi! Whoot whoot
  • It's been a rough week so i was in bed by 8 and sleeping shortly after. I also get up at 5 though. I'd hate to have the attitude that any night wasn't exciting because i was stuck with my own kids and not out on a date with someone. Life is what you make it.
  • Yes. I'm recently split from bd. I have good days and bad days. I am one whom loves to love. I do have a little job I have gotten nyself and have an amazing family who I was with all day but once in a while when it is dark and still and quite I feel lonely. Oh well.
    @themrscabral how right you are. Great way to think of it. My baby girl is always with me. I can't wait for november for her to really be here.
    @tig594‌ I'm with you. M -F I am in bed by 830 .
  • tig594 said:

It's been a rough week so i was in bed by 8 and sleeping shortly after. I also get up at 5 though.

I'd hate to have the attitude that any night wasn't exciting because i was stuck with my own kids and not out on a date with someone. Life is what you make it.

Nothing wrong with wanting adult companionship in my book. I am more than just a mom. Although being mom is hands down the number one most important and rewarding job I will ever have in life.
  • tig594 said:

It's been a rough week so i was in bed by 8 and sleeping shortly after. I also get up at 5 though.

I'd hate to have the attitude that any night wasn't exciting because i was stuck with my own kids and not out on a date with someone. Life is what you make it.

Nothing wrong with wanting adult companionship in my book. I am more than just a mom. Although being mom is hands down the number one most important and rewarding job I will ever have in life.
    But you put A LOT of stress on meeting another guy. And to be totally honest im side eyeing the hell out of you for admiting your texting another guy.

You need to step back from dating in the last year you filed for divorce and got hurt by the other looser. Date yourself for awhile and then focus on dating for apartner
  • It's been a rough week so i was in bed by 8 and sleeping shortly after. I also get up at 5 though. I'd hate to have the attitude that any night wasn't exciting because i was stuck with my own kids and not out on a date with someone. Life is what you make it.
    But you put A LOT of stress on meeting another guy. And to be totally honest im side eyeing the hell out of you for admiting your texting another guy. You need to step back from dating in the last year you filed for divorce and got hurt by the other looser. Date yourself for awhile and then focus on dating for apartner
    Yes, I plan to text and date. I hang out with my girlfriends as much as I can. And I am open to dating. I am on match.com and meet people. I've been on 1 date (went for milkshakes) and he's now a friend going through something similar (no chemistry with him). And the other guy I was seeing and into was a friend I've known over 10 years. To each their own.

If these things make you all uncomfortable - I can stop sharing about them on here. But I'd really like a place where I can come and vent and talk about feeling sad or lonely. Without judgement. Is that too much to ask?

• tig594 said:

But you put A LOT of stress on meeting another guy. And to be totally honest im side eyeing the hell out of you for admiting your texting another guy.

You need to step back from dating in the last year you filed for divorce and got hurt by the other looser. Date yourself for awhile and then focus on dating for apartner

Yes, I plan to text and date. I hang out with my girlfriends as much as I can. And I am open to dating. I am on match.com and meet people. I've been on 1 date (went for milkshakes) and he's now a friend going through something similar (no chemistry with him). And the other guy I was seeing and into was a friend I've known over 10 years. To each their own.

If these things make you all uncomfortable - I can stop sharing about them on here. But I'd really like a place where I can come and vent and talk about feeling sad or lonely. Without judgement. Is that too much to ask?

Im not judging you for feeling sad or lonely. Im saying step back from your search for the elusive 'one'. Take what i said with a grain of salt but know relationship jumping doesnt work
    But you put A LOT of stress on meeting another guy. And to be totally honest im side eyeing the hell out of you for admiting your texting another guy. You need to step back from dating in the last year you filed for divorce and got hurt by the other looser. Date yourself for awhile and then focus on dating for apartner

Im not judging you for feeling sad or lonely. Im saying step back from your search for the elusive 'one'. Take what i said with a grain of salt but know relationship jumping doesnt work

Yes, I am no longer searching for Mr. Right. In fact, it is impossible to have Mr. Right when Mr. Wrong is still my husband! 
  • How is match.com? I bet it's fun to at least connect on some level. Probably makes you feel like a normal gal. I may give that a shot for fun?
  • How is match.com? I bet it's fun to at least connect on some level. Probably makes you feel like a normal gal. I may give that a shot for fun?

I'll get blasted for this I'm sure but I am having fun! There is a groupon for 15. You can wink and like pictures, you can email through their website, and if you want to exchange numbers you can text. I've given out my number 3 times and still text them. I've emailed a bunch but that often fizzles. It is fun! And you don't have to say you are expecting if you don't want to until you talk more to someone. It's the interwebz you can get away with anything!
    And I found joining Facebook to be a lot of fun too. Reconnecting with old friends, both guys and girls. It's amazing to me (I'm late to the game of fb!) to see and talk to people I was once close to and haven't talked to in 20 years!
  • @Sunflowermommy33‌ I should also add most people are not looking to go out on dates...most people chat for quite a while first! At least that has been my experience.
  • It's just for fun anyways. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"