January 2014 Moms
Options

Naptime vs nighttime

From the get go I guess we created a bad habit of rocking LO to sleep and putting her down that way (she was a power puker and had to be kept upright after eating so she always fell asleep like that). It has always worked until a little while ago. But even then we would rock her still then put her down drowsy and she could put herself to sleep. At nighttime she's a rock star. She has her bottle, gets rocked 5-10 mins then goes down and puts herself to sleep. At naps she will babble and roll around forever but will not put herself to sleep. I don't get it. I've literally left her babble in her crib over an hr and she is wide awake. It is frustrating that she can put herself to sleep at night but not in the day. I realize she is more tired at night too but it's strange. Anyone else experience this? Sorry for the semi-rant this became.

Re: Naptime vs nighttime

• Options
    If he babbles in his crib I usually go get him because otherwise DD goes in his room and plays with him. I bring him to the living room we all play for about an hour and I try laying him down again. He usually puts himself to sleep this time with a sippy cup
  • Options
    Maybe try extending the amount of times in between naps so she's a little bit more tired? Is the room dark at nap time?

our little flower born 01.13.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually wait now till DD is just past the overtired mark before putting her for a nap. Yes, I know its a big no-no, but if I put her down before then, she will play, crawl, stand and babble in her crib for a long time before falling asleep. She will fall asleep in minutes if I wait until she's pretty crabby and visibly tired. 
  • Options
    Yes, her room is dark. I might try going a bit longer between naps. She has already dropped the third nap but maybe I'll try letting her push overtired. Thanks!
  • Options
    I forget who but someone on here shared this with me https://www.troublesometots.com/how-to-cry-it-out-bedtime-edition/It focuses more on bedtime but it does talk a bit about how daytime sleep differs from nighttime sleep. I've found it really helpful.

We used to rock/nurse to sleep but at around 6 months it just stopped working and we had to do some sleep training. Naps were exponentially harder than bedtime, but with consistency we've gotten her to the point where she fusses for 10-20 minutes and then falls asleep (we do checks every 10 minutes if she's crying, but if she's babbling/playing/fussing I leave her)

I put DD down every 2-3 hours, checking her cues for when she's tired. I've found that if I wait until she's overtired she'll cry way longer at nap time, so I try to catch early cues and put her down. Obviously every baby is different though so that might not be the case for your LO.
  • Options
    I'm sitting here right now listening to my little guy babble. He's been at it for almost 20 minutes. I figure if he's laying there talking to himself, eventually he might go to sleep.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    hmmm my baby has NEVER just babbled in her crib at nap time. Full on screaming over here!!! WE are sleep trained for nights but naps are still SOOOO hard!
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • Options

Yes, her room is dark. I might try going a bit longer between naps. She has already dropped the third nap but maybe I'll try letting her push overtired. Thanks!

Yea I'd try that. I notice as well that if I put her down before she's REALLY tired, she will play more than if I put her down when she's definitely tired.

our little flower born 01.13.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"