TTC after 35

Bring on the Penis Cake!

My maid of honor asked me if anyone would be offended by anything sexual at my bachelorette party. She has her own cake business, and wants to make a penis cake and bring some other "things" that she wants to surprise me with. I, for one, am excited about it. 
She said she was afraid my mother might be offended. I looked at her and said "Ummm, no. My mom might be your old fashioned quiet woman on the exterior, but she DID have 4 kids, and there are rumors she was dancing with an inflatable penis at my cousin's bachelorette party."

Haha!

So-- while we are on the topic, how was YOUR bachelorette party? A little wild or super mild?

Re: Bring on the Penis Cake!

• Oh have so much fun!!!
    Mine was pretty mild, which is funny bc my friends and I can actually be kind of wild...
    I had the best Bach party for me, though. It was everything I wanted--we rented a house outside Atlanta, there was a festival going on in walking distance and people flew in from all over (I live in MA but went to school in CA and grew up in VA so people are scattered). We had a few silly decorations and toys but mostly just all the drinks and lots of laughs. One if my favorite weekends ever, hands down!
    Hope you have a super wonderful time...and go wild :)
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Loading the player...
  • @wannabmama23- That sounds like so much fun! Renting a house is smart. And thank you! My party is next Saturday the 30th :)

@Austrogermokee- Oh, man...you said the magic word. Tacos. One of my favorites! And the Karaoke Revolution is just awesome.

• @Austrogermokee‌ that is soooo much fun! Have you been before? What part of VA? I know the areas well if you need any tips :)
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • @IFinTN- Well...well. Very nice!
    We don't have male strip clubs around here (just random male reviews), so for my first bachelorette party (previous marriage), they took me to a female strip club. It was actually a lot of fun!
  • @lgsdesigner  that is what I did for my 1st bachelorette, the lovely Lime Light... oh my gosh it was fun.  We had a great dinner first, then way too many drinks.  My brother drove me and a handful of ladies around.  
    Hope you have fun!
  • @wannabmama23, we're looking at tour companies. I've been to a few wineries but don't have a particular favorite. Luckily the maid of honor is on top of the planning.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • We all went to a Hibachi dinner then back to my house for a sex toy party and a night of heavy drinking!
    Married since 10-20-2007
    DH Age: 38
    TTC #1 since January 2014

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JimBobCooter- Nothing wrong with that! The spa sounds amazing.
  • There were about 10 of us, most started off at the spa. Massages, pedicures or manicures ( or combo). Then went back to my house where we changed and they gave me the usual stuff to wear. Then out to my favorite restaurant, then bar hoping. Ended up at a rowdy bar watching the Bruins lose the series :( with the exception of the losing part it was my perfect bachelorette night out!
  • I've been to a lot of wild bachelorette parties. By the time mine rolled around, I was over it. And didn't want to be hearing stories of the stupid things I'd done the next day. Haha.

So a bunch of girlfriends and I did a spa day and lunch instead of a big party. It was all I wanted :)
  • kindershlitzkindershlitz member
    edited August 2014
    I am one mild child.  My bridesmaids and I did paint your own pottery and then went back to one of their houses to make our own bath salts and eat cookies and champagne.  Two of the four couldn't drink so it was great and suited everyone.  I'm up for a wild party every once and awhile still.
    I forgot, with another group of co-workers they took me out to a Tiger's baseball game with the Tiger hat veil and stuff.  That was fun too.  Ended up raining out so we went to a dance club.  I took the veil off, I don't do well with attention.

You are going to post pictures of the cake, right?
  • I didn't really have one.  On the night of DH's bachelor party, I invited some friends over (males and female) and we just hung out at the apartment and drank some beer and watched SNL.  It was fun.  I'm not much for penis cakes, myself.   ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We planned our wedding in three weeks so no one had time to get a bachelorette party or shower planned. Hey, wait a minute...I planned a WEDDING and pulled it off in three weeks and they couldn't plan those??!!?!?! I guess I know a lot of lazy underachievers. Ha!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My bachelor party had a stripper, sex toy presentation and alcohol. For me it was pretty wild because I had never been to a bachelor party and waited until I was married to have sex. Taking that into consideration it was actually a pretty funny situation that would have been a lot more awkward if it wasn't for the drinks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• @hooligans4 You are not a slut, I say to each his own, it is just something that we both wanted. Yup, it was the first time for both of us.  Thanks for the props, but honestly, we did not do the whole lengthy engagement thing.  I can honestly say hormones convinced me a fall wedding would be just as nice as a summer wedding we would have had to wait a year for.  Also, he lived in another town, so there where some factors that helped with the self control.  We have more than made up for the time we waited.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"