March 2015 Moms

Brusha Brusha Brusha

Re: Brusha Brusha Brusha

• My sister nominated me for the ice bucket challenge too.
    I did ask a doctor I work with if this would be ok during pregnancy, and he advised against it. So I came up with a hybrid version and instead ate a ice pop in a ice bucket.

Lol..... Why wouldn't it be ok during pregnancy? It's the same thing as jumping in a cold pool, and swimming is encouraged during pregnancy. I'm sorry I just don't see how anything about ice or water can hurt your pregnancy.
  • He just said that he thought it would be a shock to the system, and put unneeded stress to the baby.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also a huge wimp when it comes to getting into a pool... Never a jumper. I always like to "ease" into a pool, so my body adjusts. I swear it takes me like 20 minutes to get shoulder deep.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • He just said that he thought it would be a shock to the system, and put unneeded stress to the baby.

Sounds like one of those dr's who says anything will hurt the baby. I'm sorry I just think that's silly. You need water throughout pregnancy and I highly doubt your body is so shocked it hurts your baby, I mean the baby is tucked in your warm uterus nowhere near your skin or anything.

Idk why I'm arguing this.... Lol I'm sorry I'm irritated with the world today I think..
  • No I agree with you. @cinderella105‌ I get it.

That being said, I was just curious what a medical professional thought, and he gave his advice and I took it.
    Anyway, the challenge is done and I donated my monies.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @janda426‌ omg I hope you're ok! I think if you're still not feeling normal you should call the office today. I second what someone else said about pushing fluids and try to rest as much as possible. Had you been throwing up at all? Take care of yourself.

I haven't thrown up at all this pregnancy but definitely been nauseous. I have an appt first thing Tuesday morning and would feel silly going tomorrow for something else :/ idk what to do
  • I've been eating everything today! Oops. I'm actually surprised H hasn't said anything yet. Sandwich and chips for breakfast, some sort of new "vegetable crackers" that are so good, then pizza, then some leftovers from dinner, and just had some crackers again! Eat all the carbs.
  • @janda426‌ I hope your feeling better. Paying out is scary stuff!

@jessuhmarie‌ I'm sorry about your fender bender, love. Things like that are never well timed.

@FrecklesInside‌ I want to give you hugs too. I hope you're feeling a little less overwhelmed now.
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• I love how my aunt always gets new apartments paid for by the government and always winds up bitching on FB how she needs a new place because she can't stand her neighbors or the ghetto where she lives.. Well guess what, when you refuse to get a job and mooch off the government you get what you get and you stfu about it!
  • Wait I missed that you fainted @janda426‌! You ok? What did your OB say?
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • @katydid2014‌ you look adorable!! Little baby bump!! Mine just looks like bloat still....
  • We're taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese. @-) Wish us luck.

I just got back from taking my daughter to Peter Piper Pizza. She had fun but it was getting super crowded so we left.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wait I missed that you fainted @janda426‌! You ok? What did your OB say?

I didn't call cause I thought they're closed on weekends? I figured I could wait til my appt Tuesday morning.. I'm not sure. I'm ok now besides feeling stressed out for personal reasons. I have to go to babysitting soon and I really just want to have a long cry. Blah
  • janda426 said:

Wait I missed that you fainted @janda426‌! You ok? What did your OB say?

I didn't call cause I thought they're closed on weekends? I figured I could wait til my appt Tuesday morning.. I'm not sure. I'm ok now besides feeling stressed out for personal reasons. I have to go to babysitting soon and I really just want to have a long cry. Blah
    Most Ob's have an on call line. I would call just to make sure they don't want you seen sooner. Thinking of you!
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • I did a target run today too - but mine had no drama. I got my Doritos, Oreos, and lemonade. I am starting to embrace maternity clothes - I think I am still mostly blump, but I am sooo much more comfortable! The baby (at least that's my excuse to my husband) got too tired it go to the grocery store and do laundry today. I'll see how productive I can be after my nap/catching up on last weeks Teen Mom...
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• @chilibeansm0m Thanks! I got the pieces to make the banner at Jo-Ann's for pretty cheap. Paper poster letters & a couple DIY banner kits. Yes to the weekly pics -- my mom only took a handful of pics while pregnant with me, and she is demanding that I take weekly pics & send them to her. ;) I'm so glad I got a maternity shirt at the consignment shop last week - it seems tiny but w/ the ruched sides hopefully it'll last until 40 weeks! 
  • @janda426‌ I'm sorry you went through that. It's a different setting, but I have a lot of experience passing out in doctors' offices because of my needle phobia. It's always a disturbing/embarrassing experience that makes me, at least, feel very exposed.

All the ice bucket challenges out there have me thinking about three students of mine (brothers I taught in successive years) whose father is dying of ALS.  They were all very private about it, choosing to make school their safe haven from the stresses of home.  But I knew these little boys went home every day to sit with their dad, read to him, talk to him, watch TV with him.  By the end of last school year, he could only communicate with them by writing with a finger in the palms of their hands.  I am so scared that I'm going to find out he died when I get back to work.  I hope that's not the case.  :(

On a happy note, I am loving these bump pictures!  @almeyer2013, @katydid2014, @mangomimosa you are all so stinkin' adorable!

BabyFruit Ticker
    For Suzyq
    and all M15 Losses
  • My H and I went grocery shopping. We bought some cotton candy grapes from sprouts.

They're delicious!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @cygnet15‌ omg yes exposed is the perfect word. Like, when you're out in public you're supposed to just be another body walking around shopping and then when I'm on the floor with my head in my hands I feel vulnerable and like everyone is afraid they're witnessing something bad happen and it's all just so weird. I'm so afraid I'm gonna be afraid of target now :( not right before fall!!! Ahhh
  • sjep922 said:

My H and I went grocery shopping. We bought some cotton candy grapes from sprouts.

They're delicious!!!

I'm sorry, what?!?!?!?! I have a sprouts by my work.
    They're called cotton candy grapes. I hear about them last year but they were gone by the time I tried to find them.

The grapes taste like cotton candy!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just cooked almost a real meal - pork tenderloin with carmelized apples and onions. My husband fell asleep while I was cooking - just snoring away right now. Normally I would be pissed that he is being lazy today - and sleeping through the first meal I have cooked in about 2 weeks - and he has been asking me to cook. Not right now though - I am perfectly content to lie on the couch and eat grapes and Doritos and drink lemonade. Bonus - we have dinner for tomorrow.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• It's official - Sundays are my crappiest days.  Maybe it is my body dreading the week ahead.  Or maybe I keep overdoing it on Saturdays?  I don't know.  We had planned to go to brunch this morning, so DH woke me up and made me get up even though I felt like crap.  Long story short, it was a disaster and I ended up throwing it all up.  Then I came home and slept the rest of the day.  Still feel sick, so we had to cancel our plans to eat Mexican food with friends.  I just feel like my food is in my throat and I have these acidic burps that threaten to turn into throwing up.  Blergh.

At least I am feeling better about failing to go to Target today!  So glad you're ok @janda426 and @jessuhmarie!

Also glad that our bay area M15ers are ok!  Scary!

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @janda426 Hope you're doing okay!

I think I'm coming down with a cold.  Sneezing with RLP:  good times.  :|

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • I bought pumpkin cheesecake cookies at target tonight. Yummy.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • This is my first year of not going back to school in the fall. I had to drag myself away from the school supply section.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • @janda, I hope you're feeling better!  I fainted while substitute teaching with my first pregnancy (that was scary).  Luckily I was able to get someone to watch the kids and I tried to make it to the nurse's office.  The doctor told me that the baby just laid on a vein or artery that stopped the blood to my head for a minute.  I hope it's something simple like that for you!

September Siggy Challenge- You had one job

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @jessuhmarie You're clearly here, but not in chat. Unacceptable.  
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Just caught up.

Hugs to everyone who needs it today.

Cute pictures ladies; I haven't taken any yet.

I'm 13 weeks 2ma! We primed the baby's room tonight, and will hopefully paint the color next weekend.
  • @chrain Was it Metronidazole (Flagyl)? It's very similar to Antabuse, the drug they give alcoholics to make them sick if they drink alcohol. I prescribe that all the time & always tell my patients they will hate life if they have alcohol with it. There are always 100 stickers on the side of Rx bottles that most people ignore without consequence, but that one is definitely no joke! Hope you feel better soon.
  • chrain said:
    @chrain Was it Metronidazole (Flagyl)? It's very similar to Antabuse, the drug they give alcoholics to make them sick if they drink alcohol. I prescribe that all the time & always tell my patients they will hate life if they have alcohol with it. There are always 100 stickers on the side of Rx bottles that most people ignore without consequence, but that one is definitely no joke! Hope you feel better soon.
    OMG IT IS!!!!!!!!!!! He warned us but usually with antibiotics you can have sips... this made me horribly sick!

EVIL! They do say on the bottle to look for alcohol in your food...
    Man, that is just mean. I sure would want to drink some damn wine right about now if I was you. Mean antibiotics!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Pregnancy Ticker
    image <3 Suzyq 
  • chrain said:
    OMG IT IS!!!!!!!!!!! He warned us but usually with antibiotics you can have sips... this made me horribly sick!

EVIL! They do say on the bottle to look for alcohol in your food...
    Yeah -- sometimes it makes you sick even from the alcohol in mouthwash or cough syrup. It is totally evil. I always feel bad prescribing it on/near holidays & birthdays! I've had some girls be like "Eh, I'll just let the infection go for a few more days so I can drink this weekend..." O.o
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"