March 2015 Moms
Options

PCOS and we're PREGGERS!!!

I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 23 and was told by my gyno that unless I lost approx 50lbs the chances of ever getting preggers was slim to none. Keep in mind I'm 5'8 and weigh right at 250lbs. I'm active, and my weight has never prohibited me from doing the things I want. I stayed on the bc patch and metformin for over 3 years. Finally my hormones and attitude got the best of me and I had to choose between staying on BC or my husband lol. So we ditched the pills and patch in January 2014. We found out three weeks ago we're expecting our first child :)
First ultrasound was this past Monday. Hubby couldn't make it because of work, so I had two of my best friends go with me. It was AMAZING!!!!! I took a copy of the "first picture" to staples and had them make a postcard for my husband. I hope it will upload for you all to see :)

Re: PCOS and we're PREGGERS!!!

• Options
    Here it is :)
  • Options
    Congrats to you and your family :)

Sept. Challenge

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2dwhtaq.jpg[/IMG]

image

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats @maridaniellev‌. Cute way to show your H!
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    Welcome and congrats!

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    Welcome and congrats
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! If you can't crop your name out I would strongly suggest to blur it as to not cut the frame out!

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome & congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I hope you have a healthy pregnancy!
  • Options
    PCOS can be a very difficult hurdle to overcome to achieve pregnancy! Congrats to you both :)
  • Options

Congrats on getting pregnant. But please burn the word preggers from your mind.

Thank you! I was thinking..."when is the next unpopular opinions thread."

I am not sure why but I feel that word diminishes the beauty of pregnancy.
  • Options
    I had to lafffffff at support blog.
  • Options
    @maridaniellev They don't believe in support. I don't think they were hugged as children. Just ignore the snark. In the real world they can't get away with treating people like this. I guess everyone needs an outlet.

Apparently this pregnancy board isn't to support anyone who is pregnant. But since I don't have children who tell me they hate me (lol), what do I know?

I'll stick to being kind, just like I tell my 15, 9 and 7 year old to be.

But again, what do I know?
  • Options
    Congrats in being pregNANT. I get the BC vs husband thing - it kills my sex drive too. I chose the Paragard until we were ready for TTC though. You might try one of those after this baby... If you're not ovulating regularly you could just use progesterone occasionally to stimulate a period. (If you don't ovulate somewhat regularly your uterine lining just builds up & can increase your risk for endometrial cancer.)

Side note-- I freaking HATE when shitty docs tell people they will never get pregnant b/c of X, Y, or Z. Having a condition that makes it more difficult is not the same as true IF & I can't tell you how many women I see with unwanted pregnancies because "They told me I couldn't get pregnant!"
  • Options
    Congrats in being pregNANT. I get the BC vs husband thing - it kills my sex drive too. I chose the Paragard until we were ready for TTC though. You might try one of those after this baby... If you're not ovulating regularly you could just use progesterone occasionally to stimulate a period. (If you don't ovulate somewhat regularly your uterine lining just builds up & can increase your risk for endometrial cancer.) Side note-- I freaking HATE when shitty docs tell people they will never get pregnant b/c of X, Y, or Z. Having a condition that makes it more difficult is not the same as true IF & I can't tell you how many women I see with unwanted pregnancies because "They told me I couldn't get pregnant!"

I didn't know I was pregnant. Almost every damn episode!
  • Options
    @molassa‌ is a troll who comes out to play but then always falls back in the shadows. Undoubtedly one of these days she will get herself banned with the nasty shit she says while trying to convince everyone how much better she is than everyone else.

Because isn't saying we weren't hugged as children so sweet?! Golly she's so nice. Teach me more, molasses.
  • Options
    Hit submit before this uploaded.

photo imagejpg1_zpsbed6be60.jpg
  • Options
    Wow OP way to introduce yourself. I congratulated you and looked past your use of the gag inducing word preggers and then you insult all my friends who by the way are and were very supportive to me when I had a scare. You only get what you give here and last I checked TB isn't a blog nor is it a support group
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    Congratulations! I was diagnosed with PCOS also and told I wouldn't be able to get pregnant on my own and here I am, without any help. It's very exciting! Very happy for you
  • Options
    molassamolassa member
    edited August 2014
    @janda426 I know it hurts to be called out. Deep breaths. It's going to be okay.
  • Options
    @crunchymamaof2 awwww you checked my history.... Seriously flattered. Maybe I'm not on here all day and in my "shadow" because I actually have a life. I don't need to spend my days being mean to unsuspecting posters.
  • Options
    crunchymamaof2 sure! They support certain people. But even if you polish a turd, it is still a turd.
    If I saw someone speak to another person the way some of you do in real life, I'd say the exact same thing and let that person know I think it is pathetic.
    Is it your right to be an ass? Of course! But I'm going to speak my mind accordingly.
    And yep, my children are awesome! Not perfect, but they don't witness childish behavior from me. I never told my mom I hated her. Is that a thing? Maybe that would actually explain why it seems okay with many of you to write like you really have no concern for anyone else?

Crunchy? Why is it hard to imagine you actually care about the environment?

I guess the world is full of mysteries.
  • Options
    @mamachancey actually, when I click on the app, I get to this board by clicking the word "community."

It actually is meant for moms to use as a place to ask questions and yes, support. Obviously your friends only support a chosen few, and that is pretty lame. I mean, they don't mind hurting anyone's feelings and well, this is America so they can have at it.
    I just choose to call out that sort of bullshit, which is also my right.
  • Options
    Without google images how would you feel so darn clever?

:)
  • Options
    molassa said:
    crunchymamaof2 sure! They support certain people. But even if you polish a turd, it is still a turd. If I saw someone speak to another person the way some of you do in real life, I'd say the exact same thing and let that person know I think it is pathetic. Is it your right to be an ass? Of course! But I'm going to speak my mind accordingly. And yep, my children are awesome! Not perfect, but they don't witness childish behavior from me. I never told my mom I hated her. Is that a thing? Maybe that would actually explain why it seems okay with many of you to write like you really have no concern for anyone else? Crunchy? Why is it hard to imagine you actually care about the environment? I guess the world is full of mysteries.

Isn't it ironic that you just wasted those precious minutes of your perfect life insulting everyone here? Go back to raising those perfect children of yours. You've contributed absolutely nothing to this community. Nothing.
  • Options
    molassa said:

@mamachancey actually, when I click on the app, I get to this board by clicking the word "community."

It actually is meant for moms to use as a place to ask questions and yes, support. Obviously your friends only support a chosen few, and that is pretty lame. I mean, they don't mind hurting anyone's feelings and well, this is America so they can have at it.
    I just choose to call out that sort of bullshit, which is also my right.

Good thing OP has her WK!! I wasn't talking to u and I don't feed trolls
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"