LGBT Parenting

GTKY- August 22

GTKY - please join in so we can get to know each other better!!

1. What is your favorite childhood game/toy?
2. What food are you loving right now (a summer food, new restaurant)
3. What's up for the weekend?

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

Re: GTKY- August 22

• 1. What is your favorite childhood game/toy?
    Playmobile. When I was five my room was moved to the attic and it was huge, so I dedicated a corner of my room to a Playmobile village. I built houses out of blocks, and would play "pretend" for hours.

2. What food are you loving right now (a summer food, new restaurant) Peaches and Nectarines. Sooooo yummy.

3. What's up for the weekend?
      Tonight we're meeting EV for frozen yogurt after work, then we'll take the kiddos to one of our favorite playgrounds and pick up a take 'n bake pizza for dinner.
    Tomorrow we're stopping by a few open houses (for a rental for us), and then meeting friends to go to a local lake/swimming area in the afternoon. We'll stop by Ikea on our way home. 
    Sunday we're heading to our house early in the morning to meet our tenants for their final walk-thru and then hosting an open house from 12-2pm.  EV is also going to be staying there from Sunday - Tuesday to do work on the house, so we'll have to pack her an air mattress, clothes, etc.

• 1. I was really into Barbies ( :P ) and Cabbage Patch dolls. But my favorite thing to do was read.

2. We have a popcorn addiction going on right now. Whole Foods sells a brand - I think it's called Angie's - and I love the kettle corn and sweet and spicy flavors.

3. Weekend sucks so far. A/C went out on Thursday. We spent one night without A/C (highs are near 100 right now), which was terrible. Last night we rushed to pack some things after work and are staying with Z's uncle who lives about 25 min from us. Baby is totally off his routine, which is tough. We need a new unit, but I think we're going to get settled with wall units until the warranty company approves the new unit so that we can go back home. Fingers crossed it happens quickly. It's muy caliente right now.

Z and I were supposed to finally have a date night tonight, but we'll see if that happens giving everything that is going on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @winstan1 - I loved Breyer horses too!! :-)
  • Hey, weekend's almost over. Mostly working for both of us but we have two days off together in the week that we will be calling our weekend.  We plan to have a marathon charity shop trawl after hopefully confirming sale on the last of our sort-out junk.  It's surprising the amount of near perfect condition clothing (including branded, maternity and baby) and equipment you can find in charity shops if you take the time and don't mind a little wear and tear - no different to hand-me-downs and saves a bundle for the things you have to buy new (mattresses, etc.)

I was a reader.  Relatives would give me toys/games at Christmas and birthdays that I would spend all of five minutes with but at any time of the day I wasn't occupied with homework/chores I was curled up in my nice quiet room with a good book.

At the moment, baby and I are into sandwiches, cereals, hot buttered toast - comfort food really. The current pre-dinner snack when I get home from work is a mashed potato sandwich. Which A always provides with love and much eye rolling.
  • 1. What is your favorite childhood game/toy? Hmmm, playing outside doing anything
    2. What food are you loving right now (a summer food, new restaurant) mangoes and any fruit, which sucks since I have GD and can't have much fruit at all.  Oh, and chocolate pudding.  
    3. What's up for the weekend?  It's raining a lot and I'm on bedrest anyway so I'd say not much.  lol  Been watching Call the Midwives.  Love the show.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"