School-Aged Children

Poll

CareBear0607CareBear0607 member
edited August 2014 in School-Aged Children
How many children do you have?
How old are they and what grades are they starting?
When is the first day of school?
What are you looking forward to this school year?
What are you nervous about this school year?
What activities are they participaing in this school year?
DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)

Re: Poll

• How many children do you have?--I have 2 kids.

How old are they and what grades are they starting?--DD is 6 and starting 1st grade.  DS is 3 1/2 and is starting his 1st year of preschool. 

When is the first day of school?--DD starts on Monday, the 18th.  DS doesn't start until after Labor Day.

What are you looking forward to this school year?--DD got a wonderful teacher!  I am looking forward to her learning a lot and being challenged. 

What are you nervous about this school year?--DD is in the same class as her BFF.  I hope that they don't get too clicky and/or have a major fight because they are spending too much time together.  I am sure this will only be the beginning of girl drama. 

What activities are they participating in this school year?--In the fall and winter DD will be doing religious education, gymnastics and swimming.  After the holidays she will be done with swimming and instead do dance.  At least, that is her plan for now. 
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • How many children do you have? 

DS is 4 (5 in Nov), DD is 2. DS is starting kindergarten. Dd won't start preschool until next year. 

We have staggered entry. DS goes for his first day on Sept 3, but doesn't start for real until the 8th.

DS making new friends. Also, only having to drive <5 mins to get him to school opposed to the 20 I had to drive him to preschool! 

DS will be one of the youngest in his class. I'm nervous that he won't fit in or that he'll struggle. 

DS: swimming, gymnastics, soccer, skating, art classes - not all at the same time! Lol. 
    DD: kindermusik, gymnastics
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 2 kids

8 year old b/g twins entering 3rd grade

Today is the 1st day of school

I'm excited for them to learn cursive and it seems they spend a lot of time reading (which they love to do).  I'm hoping to volunteer in the class if needed.

DS just started meds for ADHD (inattentive) about a month ago.  He's doing well at home staying on task and doing things the 1st time he's asked.  I hope this trend continues in the classroom, but we may have to increase his meds during the school year.  DD's teacher seems pretty meh, but DD never gets in trouble at school and get along with everyone so it shouldn't be an issue.

The kids usually take a acting class through Parks and Rec in the fall so I imagine we'll sign up for it again soon. 

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • How many children do you have? 1

How old are they and what grades are they starting? DS is 6 and will be in first grade

When is the first day of school? Agust 26

What are you looking forward to this school year? Continuing to watch him learn! He's getting to be a good reader

What are you nervous about this school year? Keeping him engaged and stimulated. He was so far ahead last year that there was discussion for him to be skipped ahead, but he is still young and very small for his age. We are looking at testing for gifted, but even with that it doesn't guarantee any change.

What activities are they participaing in this school year? He's playing soccer and maybe another play. He will likely do swimming and an art class, but we tend to only schedule what we can handle at a time.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

6.5 yr old - 1st grade
    3.5 yr old - preschool

Sept 2nd

I'm hoping DS gets into a class with some of his friends from last year, and that I meet some nice parents at DD's school.

DD starting school! Plus balancing our activities/family calendar

What activities are they participating in this school year?
    DS is playing soccer for a second season and DD is starting ballet/tumbling.

• I have 2 children. DS is in kindergarten, and DD is 2 yo.

First day of K was August 6.

I was most nervous about my new nanny dropping off and picking up DS, but that seems to be going ok.

I am most looking forward to meeting friends in our neighborhood, because my kids have been in daycare on the opposite side of town until now.

DS starts fall soccer next week.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • How many children do you have?  Two

How old are they and what grades are they starting?  Both have birthdays in a few weeks. DD will be 14 (yikes!) and in 9th grade; DS will be 10 and in 4th.

When is the first day of school?  August 25 -- DS's birthday!

What are you looking forward to this school year? Both of my kids were accepted into magnet programs.  I am excited to see what high school has in store for my DD.  I'm glad to have a break from middle school drama.

What are you nervous about this school year?  The logistics of dealing with activities and homework for kids who are both in very rigorous programs.  I'll be teaching F/T this year (have been P/T for a few years) so I won't be home when the kids get home.

What activities are they participaing in this school year?  DD: yearbook, karate, possibly grade government, possibly other clubs or community service organizations at her school.  DS: karate, chorus, instrumental music

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade

DS1 is 6 on the 25th starting 1st grade DS2 is going to be 4 in December is in his second year if pre-k

September 2nd

Love watching my guys learn new things and get excited!

DS1 is going to a new school (huge in comparison to the last one) and I'm petrified about the transition. For DS2 concerned about keeping him interested in 2nd year of pre-k.

We just got done with swimming, signed up for soccer, ice skating (figure), and will be looking for something to do in the winter to say active.
  • How many children do you have? Two
    How old are they and what grades are they starting? DS is 6 going into 1st grade.  DD is 2-1/2 and in daycare.
    When is the first day of school?  Next Monday August 25th
    What are you looking forward to this school year? I know there is going to be a change from kindy to 1st grade...looking forward to seeing him learn!
    What are you nervous about this school year?  DS had some adjustment issues last year.  Hoping he doesn't not have as many this year.
    What activities are they participating in this school year?  We just finished swim camp.  We are going to hold off on sports until he settles well into the school year.  If he does well, we will sign him up for karate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • di0607 said:
    DS1 is 6 on the 25th
    Our sons have the same birthday, just 4 years apart!  My guy will be 10!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • How many children do you have? I have 2 children.
    How old are they and what grades are they starting? DD is almost 6 starting 1st grade and DS is 7 starting 2nd grade.
    When is the first day of school? They started last Monday.
    What are you looking forward to this school year? They both got great teachers which I am excited about. Also, DD's reading is really starting to take off and I am looking forward to her getting even better as she does it more at school. 
    What are you nervous about this school year? DS has a kid in his class that we had some major issues with last year. He is already stressed/worried about it and I hate it for him.
    What activities are they participaing in this school year? DS takes Taekwondo, drum lessons and will play basketball in the winter. DD takes gymnastics, Taekwondo, and wants to try cheerleading for basketball season. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • How many children do you have? 2

How old are they and what grades are they starting? They are 5.5 and just started Kindergarten.

When is the first day of school? It was 8/20.

What are you looking forward to this school year? Watching them learn how to read. :) And just seeing what all they learn, watching them make new friends, etc. Also having 7.5 hrs/day free for a while to catch up on projects, etc., as I get ready to go back to work part-time. :)

What are you nervous about this school year? One of my boys going in without an IEP. (He "didn't qualify" for one but we disagreed with that decision.) I'm concerned about him socially and re his sensory issues and anxiety and being able to keep up with peers in PE, on the playground, etc.

What activities are they participating in this school year? One son has therapies at home after school 3 days/week. He will also be taking My Gym classes. We are thinking about soccer for our other son but don't want to get overcommitted as adjusting to full-day school will already be a big transition.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"